Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spitsonkittens

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You're right. I'll take the fall. It's totally blown up in my face and the world is coming to an end. My apologies, I'll go fall on my sword now

Cool?
Ironstylus the fact that you continue posting in the face of such comments is really great. Just wanted you to know that.

Neo Cyrus

01-31-2014

I asked earlier if there are any plans brewing for another Diana skin but was ignored harder than top lane. Can you tell us anything about what you're working on then?

Super Explosion

01-31-2014

Quote:
Taric is a high priority, because man.. is he outdated.. but the idea of him being "low-risk" is completely not the case. He's been challenging to conceptually lock down.
Taric's a paladin.

Crystal/Earth Paladin is pretty easy, perhaps.

He should be a locus of constancy for the team, somewhere allies can stand next to and feel safe.

If you ever wanted to try to give Auras more gameplay, Taric's probably the one.

Auras of safety, with bursts of protective CC.

Eve The Ripper

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot
With one relaunch, we're currently diving into yordles. It's going to set a precedent, and off of that we'll base the Great Yordle Unification Pass (YUP) of 2014 will be started. Currently our goal, even if we lack a style guide on yordles, is to bring them more in line with Ziggs and Lulu, our current standard for male and female yordles.
Imagining PoppyLu is pretty entertaining. Can't wait o3o

namielise

01-31-2014

Quote:
You're right. I'll take the fall. It's totally blown up in my face and the world is coming to an end. My apologies, I'll go fall on my sword now

Cool?
plz ignore such people you are way better than they are and always know that you rock!

US Economy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
I asked earlier if there are any plans brewing for another Diana skin but was ignored harder than top lane. Can you tell us anything about what you're working on then?
Seeing how each champion gets one skin every 2-3 years or so, I'd say she isn't going to get one for awhile. Skins aren't as frequent as before and people would freak out if she got another one this year and their main champion didn't.

Lüc

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsonkittens View Post
Ironstylus the fact that you continue posting in the face of such comments is really great. Just wanted you to know that.
^ this is true :] I mean coming from a person who spits on kittens must mean something. Working with an established concept I feel is much more difficult than the more "creatively free" work involved in new champions. You have to take into account everything that people have connected to with the champion undergoing an update. I've been happy and surprised with what you and your team have created with the VU's/TU's so on behalf of a more silent appreciative bunch of fans I'd like to say "Thank You!" :]

medulla00

01-31-2014

Hi Ironstylus,
I met you once ingame before the launch of LAS server -then I moved and never met a red ingame anymore-, you were on duo with Grumpymonkey (but he was shy and didn't hail the sun). We asked you to please create new skins for Viktor and Rumble. I know I'm a bit late but thanks for giving us such a cool skin, you or whoever desinged it.
Now, since you've talked about 'passionate' projects, I would like to suggest you to include in the list of Questions for the next artist job interview the question "How much do you like rumble?". If the answer is something different than "I love Rumble! I'm joining Riot just to work in his model/rig", then move on!. Riot needs a true yordle passionate in the art department

Neo Cyrus

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Economy View Post
Seeing how each champion gets one skin every 2-3 years or so, I'd say she isn't going to get one for awhile. Skins aren't as frequent as before and people would freak out if she got another one this year and their main champion didn't.
I figured. But since he's here I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

But of course there's the exceptions... Trynd, etc.

namielise

01-31-2014

and there we go some idiots made the parrot leave,seriously guys??can we respect the only rioter kind enough to give us some of his time?