Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rivini

01-31-2014

IronStylus, about Evelynn, look at this: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4024620

Rathia

01-31-2014

@Stylus,

Are there any plans to expand on champion auto-attack animations in the future? Most VUs and newer skins seem to have this theme of "flowing swings" which generally limits them to two visually differing attacks, and a third for criticals. This is especially dull on melee champions as we can constantly rely on the left-right-left-right motions (see: Master Yi, Legendary Kayle, Sejuani, Garen) while ranged champions are generally restricted to a single auto-attack animation with only a projectile particle mod for criticals.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

01-31-2014
28 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Lol!

So SionLover4Ever is you?
When will the IronStylus VU be released?

Neo Cyrus

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
When the parrot grows a body. Ever notice that it's just the head of a parrot with legs and wings?

Also: Deeeenieeeeeed. I figured.

Super Explosion

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Posting just as Ursa Major crosses the sky's local meridian.

So you're saying he's working on Volibear right now?

gulgolet2000

01-31-2014

Hi Mighty Parrot Lord (of Doom?). I reallllly love Quinn (Gameplay-wise, art-wise and character-wise), and I know that, as planned, you are going to change her theme with her eventual, future VU.. I get that she needs a stronger, "hero of Demacia" theme, but please, don't touch her character too much or the idea of her theme. I know and want that she can and will be awesome as much as you do, but just don't touch her theme and charcter too much.
(P.S: I really love your - IronStylus and the Art Team's- awesome and inspiring work and I'm really looking forward to see what do you guys got for us in 2014.)

RemusNeo

01-31-2014

Anything about an Akali visual upgrade?

Gear Kitty

01-31-2014

@IronStylus

I... I have mixed, if slightly favoring, feelings on the TU/VU/RW/RL's we've seen recently (since Karma/Trundle), which leaves me anticipating, if slightly dreading, future ones.

Karma.... I like her new kit, I miss her fans. I never played her before the rework,and I've only played her once since (on an ARAM no less, and hated it the entire time). But as a support main I am considering putting her on my bench. Of course, this is after adding Support Nautilus to my roster, but the current state of support is not your department. She looks alright in game, but her new splash barely looks like it. Could be the angle, could be the general flow of the splash, but I do know a decent portion of it is that the splash has made me think New!Karma is blind and almost whitewashed her design. In game you can clearly tell that is not the case.

I love the new Trundle. I think you guys hit all the marks with him. His new model and fx are amazing, his new lore actually ties him in with the rest of Runeterra in general, and he just generally feels like a more complete champion.

Sejuani feels better in everyway, and is one of the few champs I feel comfortable jungling with, and I actually saw some great use out of her going support before this pre-season.

Yi, visually during a hectic game, I cannot tell a difference between old version and new. I like the new kit though, not as someone who plays him, because I don't, but because it helps solidify his design and theme.

Garen I am miffed about. My friends have bigger gripes, but I honestly can't understand why he no longer punches when AA'ing. "I like it this way, it feels more realistic", was what we were told, but to be frank, that's Non-milkable Bovine Excrement. "Oh, but now he looks more powerful when he swings his sword", some might say. But which are you more scared of: a guy who swings a huge sword like a club, or a guy who does the same thing, and then follows it up with a punch that hurts just as much?

Rammus. TU. Ok.

Sivir is my current non-gameplay gripe with the game right now. When I first saw her new model in a viewer, I thought it was just normally bad.

High boots and loincloth? Check.
Chest wrap that's only there for boobs? Check.
Thick scarf that divides her head from the rest of her frame? Check.
But seeing it in actual gameplay brings it all together into at least a mildly satisfying look.

Her splash on the other hand, as I have said elsewhere, IMHO the worst piece of art to come out of Riot Games, from splashes to models to cinematics and webpage images. What's wrong with it has already been listed and discussed before. I will say that I recite Mushu's "dishonor lines" whenever I play as/with/against her. No matter how polished it looks, a turd is still a turd.

Nasus... what to say about him? He needed the VU, and you couldn't get his original VA for it cause he passed on. I think you guys handled it well, and I think the new voice fits his theme better, and the Infernal skin's lines feel so... powerful. Nasus is a god, and he sounds like a powerful, not just wise, one now.

I just hope that with the Sion relaunch, you don't forget, and we don't lose, the hidden secret that he most likely is Darius's and Draven's father. That's honestly want I want to be kept the most. Everything else would be gravy.

ColdJr

01-31-2014

Any news on cho? I've always been of the opinion that riot could do alot of cool things with a cho VU(for example changing more than just his size after each stack of feast). As it stands he looks way less intimating than he should be.

Also, who made the decision to give udyr the spirit skin? Why was that skin not just turned into his base skin as part of a relaunch VU?

Spirrie

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunal View Post
Let's not be too harsh on them. After all, they've gone through the effort of cancelling Magma Chamber just so we can have a champion release within the next few months. Maybe an Ashe skin? Maybe both!? The possibilities are endless!
I believe there's a heartseeker Ashe coming out