Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SDX0

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
With one relaunch, we're currently diving into making yordles more like Lulu. It's going to set a precedent, and off of that we'll base the Great Lulufication Pass (GLP) of the year of Lulu will be started. Currently our goal, even if we lack a Lulu guide on yordles, is to bring them more in line with Lulu and Lulu, our current standard for Lulu and Lulu Lulus.
Do you plan to use all the colors for that?

Sorioku

01-31-2014

So what is the process for a VU?

Is it like Planning, drafting, designing, finishing?

Super Explosion

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryFurball View Post
IronStylus, I remember you talking about how you're not satisfied with how Quinn looks, and said something along the lines "she was rushed" or something.

If you've been thinking of any changes, what kind of changes would they be? I do agree her model's texture quality looks kind of unfinished/unpolished, but I hope you don't mean any radical design and aesthetic changes. Kit QoL buffs are welcome, but as far as I know that's the gameplay team thingamagic's work and not yours.

I recently tried out Quinn, even made a topic out of how happy I was to find out how great Quinn is, and turns out, I love nearly everything about her. That's why I'm worried if there's gonna be any radical changes.
To be honest, they should likely consider radical changes to the whole game before radical changes to Quinn.

But for the graphics, she could probably do with being a bit 'sharper'.

Maybe metals more metaled, blues a little deeper, armor more replete with scouting tools.

Tachi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2014

Quote:
Actually.. Warwick has recently come up on my radar.. We may try to figure out a way to slot him somewhere in between or after what we have planned for this year so far.

NO GUARANTEES. But we're doing some very VERY early exploratory work.
I assume this is because it would coincide with Zenon's rework of him.

I certainly hope that it comes with the rework.

Yousonerfed

01-31-2014

Quote:
Probably.
Will said MF VU include giving her some more "BOING"?

Rivini

01-31-2014

Quote:
With one relaunch, we're currently diving into yordles. It's going to set a precedent, and off of that we'll base the Great Yordle Unification Pass (YUP) of 2014 will be started. Currently our goal, even if we lack a style guide on yordles, is to bring them more in line with Ziggs and Lulu, our current standard for male and female yordles.
*gasp*
So Lulu's cheek reduction surgery has been scheduled? Yaaay!

Reference: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3498691

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2014

Quote:
With one relaunch, we're currently diving into yordles. It's going to set a precedent, and off of that we'll base the Great Yordle Unification Pass (YUP) of 2014 will be started. Currently our goal, even if we lack a style guide on yordles, is to bring them more in line with Ziggs and Lulu, our current standard for male and female yordles.
Yeah,use the 2 most crazy yordles to be the standard.

Arkaia

01-31-2014

Ironstylus, would it hurt to tell us what you're currently in production on? There is no need for release dates or any special info, I would just like to know what do you guys consider a priority besides Sion. What is your A+++ option?

IronMaidenDlanor

01-31-2014

Since everyone's asking about VUs and such, I guess I'll join in with one I've been wondering about.

Is something for Ezreal on anyone's radar? I know plenty of champions need it much more than him but I've been thinking his head is pretty weird and not much like the art (except on PFE and the TPA skin). Plus his goggle animation looks odd on the Explorer skin. Other than those issues he seems fine though.

vash17

01-31-2014

Any plans to do a Fizz VU?