Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Black x9

01-30-2014

bump..

JSTIN8

Recruiter

01-30-2014

So, uhhhhh, wanna tell anything about the Sion Art Style that you chose? I really love playing the big guy, and it would be great to hear what the plans are.

first time Vayne

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Also, we're still hammering out process, especially with the aforementioned concept phase. That's not just concept art, that's also thematic clarification/overhaul. Creating some pillars for the character, reinforcing/revamping story, and generally figuring out how to capture charm. It's a very intense process actually because unlike champions or skins, what we're dealing with has a ton of emotion attached to it. Everyone has an opinion and everyone has feedback. It can be challenging to navigate those waters, but it's our job to come to a consensus. With a large group of passionate people, that consensus takes a lot of discussion.

We're still figuring out how to best approach that concepting process. Get people involved, pitching in, and letting people who are passionate drive the product and hold vision. I've found myself not doing as much straight forward concept work, but rather finding who's passionate about a relaunch and getting them assigned as the primary artist. I think that's a better allocation of my time and better way to insure people feel included.

It's a process fraught with challenges and emotions but we're working on it.
Hi. Always great when you give the forums a visit.

I appreciate that you seek passionate people to head up each VU or rework. I don't know if you saw my post the other day, but we've been feeling a little less of that passion from the players' end of things as of late. Getting a visit from you is always refreshing.

Lef

01-30-2014

I'm curious where they feel the Re-launch program begins/ends in terms of aged champions. Is this just an eventuality this for all champions? Is this for the original 40? Is it prompted by internal factors that we don't see?
What champions are specifically up for rework, and what are the defining traits of them?

Zero Aurora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2014

Quote:
Also, we're still hammering out process, especially with the aforementioned concept phase. That's not just concept art, that's also thematic clarification/overhaul. Creating some pillars for the character, reinforcing/revamping story, and generally figuring out how to capture charm. It's a very intense process actually because unlike champions or skins, what we're dealing with has a ton of emotion attached to it. Everyone has an opinion and everyone has feedback. It can be challenging to navigate those waters, but it's our job to come to a consensus. With a large group of passionate people, that consensus takes a lot of discussion.

We're still figuring out how to best approach that concepting process. Get people involved, pitching in, and letting people who are passionate drive the product and hold vision. I've found myself not doing as much straight forward concept work, but rather finding who's passionate about a relaunch and getting them assigned as the primary artist. I think that's a better allocation of my time and better way to insure people feel included.

It's a process fraught with challenges and emotions but we're working on it.
Can we actually get involved as community? I'm working on a few documents about how I'd go about changing a few champions or items... I'd love to pitch them your way...

Or did you make a mistake and mean "getting"

iAmBigInJapan

01-30-2014

When can we expect the Darius rework to be done? What patch?

xSarang

01-30-2014

New champs where

Rastamon Ganja

01-30-2014

Riot is like a lady that you meet at a bar. She flirts with you, teases you with her long legs and scrumptious cleavage and butt and tells you that she will go all the way. You spend money on her (RP). Soon (TM) you find out she is just a dick tease and all that you are left with are blue balls and an empty wallet.

SabinSuplex

01-30-2014

Stop this **** and give me team builder.

Vanra

01-30-2014

Quote:
Currently we have 4 VU's/Relaunches in the pipe, including the Sion relaunch which is a while out.
I really hope one of those is Teemo.

And one of those is Yasuo.