Ashe, The Frost Archer: Complete Overhaul

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xpecial Effects

02-24-2014

Below is a complete overhaul of Ashe, the Frost Archer. While numbers are obviously not final, we feel that this kit gives Ashe the viability to compete with other Marksmen in the current meta, and more importantly in the meta ahead.

Passive

Sheer Cold: Critical strikes slow enemies for 1.5s. 15%/20%/25%/30%

Q

Coldfront: Ashe fires a crystalline arrow into the sky, that explodes at it's peak covering the ground in ice and slowing enemies inside. Enemies closer to the center of the field will be slowed more drastically than those at the edge. The field of ice will begin decaying immediately upon cast and will rapidly melt over a short period of time.

RANGE: 950
COOLDOWN: 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 / 10
COST: 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 MANA

W

Frost Volley: Ashe draws several arrows from her quiver and charges up a large volley diminishing her movement speed as she charges. After charging, Ashe releases her volley, slowing all enemies hit (at the current rate of Sheer Cold.) and dealing physical damage. Each enemy can only be hit by one arrow. Depending on how long she charged her volley for will change the range at which the arrows fly.

RANGE: 800-1200 (Depending on Charge Time.)
COOLDOWN: 18 / 15 / 12 / 9 / 6
COST: 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 MANA

PHYSICAL DAMAGE PER ARROW: 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 (+ 100% AD)

E

Avarosan Agility: Ashe dashes in target direction, and fires two arrows at the nearest targets with champion priority. If Ashe hits the same target twice, it has diminishing returns. (Applies on-hit effects. Second shot can NOT critically strike.)

RANGE: 475
COOLDOWN: 19 / 17 / 15 / 13 / 11
COST: 90 MANA

R (Ultimate)

Enchanted Crystal Arrow: Ashe plants her feet and charges a giant arrow (max 2 seconds) and fires it in a straight line. Upon colliding with an enemy champion the arrow will explode dealing magic damage and stunning them for 1-3 seconds while slowing nearby enemies by 50% of the same duration it stuns for. The duration of the stun depends on the duration you charged the arrow for. The arrow cannot be canceled after a charge has begun.

RANGE: Global
COOLDOWN: 100 / 90 / 80
COST: 100 MANA

MAGIC DAMAGE: 250 / 425 / 600 (+ 100% AP)
SPLASH DAMAGE: 125 / 212.5 / 300 (+ 50% AP)

Credits to Summoners Cuebad and Rageking1. Let us know what you think of the overhaul, any number tweaks or outright changes you would make.

zéychin

02-24-2014

Sounds like Varus collided with Lucian and Graves and had a female mansexbaby.

Reizuc

02-24-2014

So you're gonna turn Ashe into some odd version of Varus and Ezreal? How about leaving her kit how it is since it's not like any other ADC's currently.

PoisonedTea

02-24-2014

why would you do that to one of the best carries in the the game

Santa Floss

02-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reizuc View Post
So you're gonna turn Ashe into some odd version of Varus and Ezreal? How about leaving her kit how it is since it's not like any other ADC's currently.
I feel like the point is to make her more viable in the current meta. She doesnt have very much defensive movement so she has a hard time competing with other carries.

BloodworksInc

02-24-2014

Though I love fan made reworks, overhauls, Champion ideas, skin ideas, lore inputs etc etc..

I do have to admit. As stated above this does sort of seem like little more than shifting her Q into a Passive formation... and giving her Graves' dash (With a slight alteration) And Varus's kit in a nutshell.

Roldan813

02-24-2014

The charge up idea doesn't mean its "Varus' kit" .... I don't see % max HP in magic damage or an AoE Snare or crazy attack speed for kills/assists...

I like the idea personally, but I don't think riot would ever change it...

Regardless, have a bump. And remember, no idea is totally original, so there may be some SIMILAR things from other champion kits but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the exact same.

pro crastinat0r

02-24-2014

This kit is as OP as release Zyra. You can't give a champ that much utility range and mobility when they can build full damage. Ashe is awesome as she is, she just isn't meta right now. The game changes all the time and Ashe will come around again.

BloodworksInc

02-24-2014

No I understand the similarity and such are unavoidable. I wasn't bashing the idea of an overhaul, I simply stated it didn't seem much like an overhaul to me. More of a shift and blend of other things currently being used in other champs.

I like Ashe. She was the first champ I ever used, or bought. I'm fine with how she is right now. Others agree, and others disagree.

Santa Floss

02-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro crastinat0r View Post
This kit is as OP as release Zyra. You can't give a champ that much utility range and mobility when they can build full damage. Ashe is awesome as she is, she just isn't meta right now. The game changes all the time and Ashe will come around again.
I think you're forgetting that every AD carry in the current meta has utility and mobility.