@Riot psychologists: I want to play a game but I can't.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raptamei

01-29-2014

I want to practice Viktor mid before taking him into ranked, but I can't.

• Practicing means playing a normal game. We know how champion select works in normals. Whoever calls a role first first gets it. I do have an SSD now, but that doesn't help because there is inevitably some guy with 800 Ahri games and no other champions unlocked so he loads faster. Cue flamewar, "I called it first", copy/pasting chat logs, then he's going to threaten to throw the game.
    (Normal draft is not a solution because draft order means you're more likely to not get a popular role than to get it, plus I tried it once and got told I was a piece of s*** for picking Shaco)
  • It also means picking him for the first time and most likely losing the lane. This in turn means getting flamed and reported. When a team loses there's a >50% chance someone is going to flame about it even in normals.
  • Viktor isn't FotM, which is a problem. Season 2 earned me a tribunal warning; the warning was justified because I did flame, but the reason the flame game even made it into the tribunal was a gazillion reports for playing Sejuani. I then got a total of 5 behavioural popups in a row for picking jungle Morgana and Quinn in normals.
So, in order to do what I want to do (practice Viktor) I'd have to fight over mid, then probably get flamed and reported. At that point I just play some Hearthstone again. It is a brainless game but at least it's not a verbal struggle against your own team.

Do something about it Riot, it's been several months now.

OMG halp meh plz

01-29-2014

"Our community actually mainly consists of phD graduates with 7 figure incomes; only .0001% are toxic. They probably just had a bad day"

- Lyte PR spin

He did actually say that though, except without the money and a different %

Raptamei

01-29-2014

If only 5% is toxic, this means every 2 games on average there's a toxic person to deal with.

Team builder isn't coming until Season 5 and the tribunal has unfortunately only managed to foster a report culture. I want to play your game, Riot, but the flaming and fighting makes it not worth it. Can you fix that please?

Haywood

01-29-2014

play viktor top, support or jungle. you don't have to play him mid in Normals. It doesn't matter.

øLordSeth

01-29-2014

Play Dota 2, at least things get done, LoL has been dead for over a year, no, really, nothing is fixed, nothing is solved, and what doesn't even need to be touched gets ruined (random gamebreaking nerfs everywhere)taking the game to an even worse state.

dem0n123

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
If only 5% is toxic, this means every 2 games on average there's a toxic person to deal with.

Team builder isn't coming until Season 5 and the tribunal has unfortunately only managed to foster a report culture. I want to play your game, Riot, but the flaming and fighting makes it not worth it. Can you fix that please?
teambuilder isnt coming till S5? D: i quit life

Insidious Echo

01-29-2014

Play bot matches to familiarize yourself with his abilities and combos. When you think you've got yourself in a position where you can properly use his abilities then take him into normals. You can use Viktor for support if you can't get mid.

Best of luck to you.

Sooiga Iboogie

01-29-2014

Makes me wish I started out in DOTA 2, a game which is balanced and updated specifically just to make it a more fun game rather than a competitively viable game...

MrRado

01-29-2014

If you can find a good buddy, 1v1 is a good step up. You don't have the predictability with bots, and you don't have to deal with that champ grabbing issues or the stress. A good buddy and I always 1v1 when we really want to focus a champ or strat.

øLordSeth

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooiga Iboogie View Post
Makes me wish I started out in DOTA 2, a game which is balanced and updated specifically just to make it a more fun game rather than a competitively viable game...
And it ends up being competitive as well, at least the viable hero pool is a lot larger, Riot managed to kill all that was fun in this game, and what have they got to show for it? Nothing.

You know what's interesting? During S3 pre-season Riot was too busy to listen to the constant whines of this spoiled immature community, did anyone die? Did "OP" champions dominate the game? **** no, the "OP" champions kept changing just as they did with the constant waves of unjustified gamebreaking nerfs, we had about 4 different FoTM champions without a single patch.

I used to think LoL was just a better version of DotA in every way back in S1 and early S2 and I honestly don't think I was wrong but the "balance" team ****ed it up badly, shouldn't have tried to fix what wasn't broken time and time again.

It's just as some old thread about SC2 LoL and balancing said, the mentality is just different, SC2 players knew terrans were in fact overpowered as **** long ago, did that stop them from playing their favorite races? Did that make them whine like ******* for nerfs? **** no, they learnt how to play the ****ing game as a true gamer should do, they learned to counter what was considered OP and they managed to get to the top brackets using the other 2 races just fine, LoL players just want to be bad and stay bad while getting away with everything, that's all there is to it, nothing more, nothing less.

-Got caught in a terrible position? Well that burst caster/assassin is overpowered, it needs to be nerfed, I shouldn't die because I can't position for ****.

-My team keeps focusing the wrong targets? Well tank items and tanks are overpowered for sure, they just can't die, let's fix that.

-That long range clearly visible skillshot takes down half my life? Well we can't have that, it's overpowered, I prefer a game where everybody has the same range and damage instead.

-Junglers can gank and participate in the game early? What kind of abomination is that? They are supposed to spend most of their time killing minions which offer no resistance, oh and let's make them easier too, jungling certainly is fun and it keeps the junglers from interfering with the game.

-Well I suck and gave them first blood, now the guy have a huge advantage over me, that's overpowered and needs to be nerfed so I can have the same fighting chance I had before I lost FB to that guy, let's reward poor play and punish good plays.

-The guy with a bunch of kills gets cocky and dies, now my team is in trouble as they got almost 1k gold, that's broken, they shouldn't get rewarded for shutting down the person carrying the game, let's make it so the max they get is 500 gold for killing a 11/0 legendary so he can be cocky and the fact that he's throwing the game won't actually throw the game.

-I suck at last hitting, so let's make it so last hits are worth less and everybody gets more gold/time instead of fixing the real issue with supports and the jungle, more rewards for poor players and punishment for good players.

Etc etc etc, honestly, this game isn't half it used to be.