Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Chogath How Stupid Is This?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArlanKels

01-01-2011

sooo here I was sitting and twiddling my thumbs.
And I thought..hey I like ChoGath.
I like him a lot.
And I notice that I always build him:
W -> E -> Q -> W -> R -> Max W, Max Q, Max E last.

But as I ponder in a pondersome fashion I realize..
There's Malady..
and guinsoo's...
and nashor's...

Has anyone ever tried maxing E and making an attack speed/AP build?

Saule

01-01-2011

yes, i won

HMS BUTTPEE

01-01-2011

Yeah, it's an interesting idea, I know someone who used to run it in higher ELO ranges. Their name was Slydder or something.

Diminga

01-01-2011

Early game I either use Q early harassment or E for last hitting minions.'

Try your build.

Leirkov

01-01-2011

Max W first, it's a VERY good zoning tool and also can stop casters from CSing well in lane. (Annie, Malzahar, Kennen etc come to mind since the silence is so long). It's extremely strong as it levels up and allows you to get kills easier in lane. Combined with a Q, you can usually get feast off.

MBirk

01-01-2011

Yes. Cho is one of the best champs in the game.
And part of this is, he's fairly versatile. While typically most go full main tank with him.
Jungler, or just offtank/dps is entirely a viable choice.

Rageblade, nashers are the first two choices, you want.

All 4 skills scale with AP. Q is like 1:1, W is like .8, and R is like 1:1 too. Its kindof crazy.
As little as 200 ap, and you will be doing a 600 rupture, 600ish aoe silence, and 1k true damage feast.

AbyssalTerror

01-01-2011

AP Cho is better than brid.

Kalshazzak

01-01-2011

Quote:
MBirk:
Yes. Cho is one of the best champs in the game.
And part of this is, he's fairly versatile. While typically most go full main tank with him.
Jungler, or just offtank/dps is entirely a viable choice.

Rageblade, nashers are the first two choices, you want.

All 4 skills scale with AP. Q is like 1:1, W is like .8, and R is like 1:1 too. Its kindof crazy.
As little as 200 ap, and you will be doing a 600 rupture, 600ish aoe silence, and 1k true damage feast.

W is .7 and R is .5

Shatterlight

01-02-2011

I've been doing Q -> E -> Q -> W -> Q -> R, and from there priority is RQEW.

Is that necessarily bad? I keep W at rank one because the mana cost increases as you raise it, while Ruptures remains constant. I do get W early for the silence still, but thats all I use it for.

And I've been wanting to try AP Cho for a long, long time, just never feel safe enough with the team I'm on to actually try it XD

Pureva

01-02-2011

Quote:
Khimaera:
I've been doing Q -> E -> Q -> W -> Q -> R, and from there priority is RQEW.

Is that necessarily bad? I keep W at rank one because the mana cost increases as you raise it, while Ruptures remains constant. I do get W early for the silence still, but thats all I use it for.

And I've been wanting to try AP Cho for a long, long time, just never feel safe enough with the team I'm on to actually try it XD

Either Q or W should be your priority early. Neither is strictly better, so you should make the choice according to the game. Personally, I like to get two early points in E, but in general you should max it last unless you're building attack speed.

Building attack speed is viable as far as damage is concerned, but once everyone has boots 2 you'll find that Cho's lack of gap-closing abilities and targeted crowd control tends to become an issue, so you have to plan accordingly when making your summoner spell and item choices.

AP Cho is also playable, but I favor a tank build, because Cho's damage output is high even without much investment into damage-boosting items (Abyssal is a fantastic item that meets both goals).