Hoping for a Riot contact

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Questionmark1987

01-28-2014

@Riot,

A long long time ago (ok so like 4 or 5 years I guess) I applied to Riot for a design position. I was fresh out of college with a BS in Multimedia (Game Design) and full of big ideas for myself. Obviously I didn't get the job but I do remember getting a very nice call from someone at Riot (can't remember the name now unfortunately) to discuss my resume and why I was turned down.

It was one of the hardest and most awesome discussions I ever had. I have to say that I have never felt so good after being turned down for a position. The person I spoke with was honest, my resume was good and my skills sounded good but I didn't seem to have enough passion for the types of games Riot made (at the time he was right). Long story short as life went on I had to settle into a different job at a different company (non-game development related) in order to provide what I could for me and my family. Make no mistake, being turned down wasn't what drove me out of game design, just the need to make a paycheck and lucky happenstance on finding a good job.

Fast forward a few years and I'm doing pretty well, I've really delved into LoL for about the past year (yeap I had applied without playing way back when) and I had all but given up my dream of working in the game industry, until I looked over your website today and realized that the work I've been doing for the past 1.5-2 years is pretty applicable to a couple of roles listed as open.

Suffice to say I got that feeling in my gut saying "Go for it, reach out!", so this is me trying. I'm hoping to get in contact with someone from Player Support, Business Intelligence, or QA. For the past few years I've been working in an Analyst role at my current company, analyzing data related to staffing, projecting call volumes and modeling metrics. Basically doing a lot of data manipulation. I've learned a lot and I think with a little more push from me I could really fit well into a few roles at Riot, but I want to learn where I should focus.

I'm not asking for a job (yet), I'm asking for a guide, someone to help me help myself on my path to hopefully end up in my dream industry at a company I've grown to respect and love, working (directly or indirectly) on a game I've grown to love. I've seen a few people make contact with employees of Riot's via the forums and I'm hoping this will stick out enough to get noticed.

Regardless, I wanted to also give a shout out to whomever it was I spoke with way back when, because Riot showed me more respect as a potential employee than most companies do for their actual employees, You gave me honest, valid feedback at a time when I really needed it. I hope I can get the same again.

N3K70N

01-28-2014

Have a bump bro. Riot deserves to see this. GL on getting a contact, and HF on the fields.

Questionmark1987

01-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3K70N View Post
Have a bump bro. Riot deserves to see this. GL on getting a contact, and HF on the fields.
Thank you!

CAWKDIESEL69XxX

01-28-2014

Gyors válasz

KumJunkie

01-28-2014

Have another bump Sir

N3K70N

01-28-2014

We WILL get Riot to see this.

Questionmark1987

01-28-2014

You guys are awesome thank you all!

GeneralCoolman

01-28-2014

Bump for a good cause

Questionmark1987

01-29-2014

Thank you everyone for the bumps, bumping this morning one last time in hopes it gets seen today.

cartwheelnurd

01-29-2014

Just goes to show that Riot cares