Why tristana is too good

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaneh

08-10-2009

Do NOT talk about HP this or HP that. There are a thousand other whiny threads with useless posts talking about it. Go there.

Tristana is too good because she's the strongest late game champion with all the tools nessecary to ensure she reachs late game in good condition.

Early Game
Rocket jump ensures that she is one of the harder champions to gank. there are very few things that counter it, as there are very few hard stuns in the game currently. It is very hard to hinder Tristana in lane. Buster shot only adds to her survivability.

Midgame
Explosive shot is the best farming ability in the game. It single-handedly ensures tristana will reach late game with good items. You can make arguments for lots of other abilities, but in terms of gold per time, explosive shot reduces 'time' to rediculously small numbers. same amount of gold farmed as other champions, but at a rediculously fast pace. That wouldn't be a huge problem, except...

Late game
She has Rapid Fire and the best range to carry with. rapid fire gives her DPS unmatched by any other hero, and best range gives her the first couple shots, which also makes a huge difference.

So what we have is a hero that has all the tools to get to the late game without major hinderances, and the tools to have the best late game.

Honestly, in terms of perfect play, there are teams that can organize well enough to push inhibitors before champions reach level 18. However, in any pub game, neither team will ever be organized enough to pull this off, and so it will reach late game where trist will push everyone around.

So in most random pub games, people will cry that she's imbalanced. Just like any number of carry heros in dota. The difference here is that Tristana is the only true specialized carry in LoL.

I actually think that having a definitive late-game carry is a good thing. Rapid fire could probably use a little tweaking so she's no so far above everyone else late game, but that's about it.

A better solution would be to come up with another specialized carry hero to compare with, but that's a longer-term thing.

Midnight

08-10-2009

The thing about tristana is that because of rapid fire she doesn't have to go for the items that most other carries absolutely need. She can start going directly damage and still hits as fast as if she had a 3k gold item in her inventory. I think her rapid fire should be her ultimate and the cooldown should be way longer and her knockback shot be a normal ability with way reduced damage. Then change her jump to only be unit targetable.

Bianary

08-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
Then change her jump to only be unit targetable.
Or her jump could respect snares, since if she's glued to the ground (Ryze or Morgana's snares, for example) it's ridiculous that she can launch herself into the air unhindered.

Nooby Foo

08-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
Or her jump could respect snares, since if she's glued to the ground (Ryze or Morgana's snares, for example) it's ridiculous that she can launch herself into the air unhindered.
This. It should be the same with all heroes. I'm kinda tired of kassadin teleporting out of my snares/stuns.

Minaxter

08-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianary View Post

Not really, she could fire her top half into the air, but since her legs are held down they rip off and cause instant death. Thats what you get for playing with a rocket launcher.

Khristophoros

The Council

08-10-2009

Rocket Jump isn't that big of an issue because you really just have to pressure her and stop her from farming, the reason doing that is so difficult is that she wipes out creep waves extremely quickly, and in that respect, Rocket Jump does help, because it helps her mobility, and it provides more AoE damage to farm faster with.

To me the problems are Exploding Shot and Rapid Fire, Rocket Jump just synergizes too well with Exploding Shot, but by itself it's not a huge problem, and the Exploding Shot + Rocket Jump combo ensures that you'll have the items you need to fully abuse 90% IAS late game.

Stay Crunchy

08-10-2009

Why do so many people complain about trist? With organized ganks and a good lane combo you can really keep her down. I've seen people do it against me and in turn I did it to other trists. It's pretty well known to do this.

Here's the kicker. People stop. They get into midgame "OMG GANK!!!!" mode and just want to pile up the kills for the lols and ignore the lone farmer out there chugging away. You can't just let any carry at all farm, it doesn't matter if it's trist, yi, jax, whatever. You have to keep her down, gank or push her out of the lane, and keep up your farm as well. If you do this effectively, you'll gimp her unless you let the game go on to long, in which case most other heroes will be farmed as well, so it's rather moot that late in the game.

Zeta

08-10-2009

Quote:
Here's the kicker. People stop. They get into midgame "OMG GANK!!!!" mode and just want to pile up the kills for the lols and ignore the lone farmer out there chugging away. You can't just let any carry at all farm, it doesn't matter if it's trist, yi, jax, whatever. You have to keep her down, gank or push her out of the lane, and keep up your farm as well. If you do this effectively, you'll gimp her unless you let the game go on to long, in which case most other heroes will be farmed as well, so it's rather moot that late in the game.
Here we have the problem, yes. I've beaten Tristana many times.

Smolder

08-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Crunchy View Post
Why do so many people complain about trist? With organized ganks and a good lane combo you can really keep her down. I've seen people do it against me and in turn I did it to other trists. It's pretty well known to do this.
It's one of those things were in high skill level games she is close to balanced, but in casual pug games people aren't organized enough to counter her. Ideally should would still be viable in high skill competition, but not completely dominate the lower brackets.

In my opinion Explosive Shot is the root of the problem.

Edit:
Her carry scaling ( I made that term up right now,) also seems off. Give Master Yi and Trist the same amount of time in empty lanes to farm and Trist will come out on top, and I think that could be said for every other carry except Ashe.

Khristophoros

The Council

08-10-2009

Actually she's common in high level games. Sure, you can shut down her farm, but that is assuming your team is outplaying her team. With proper support, Tristana carries too hard. Often times both sides have Tristana and it comes down to which team supports their Tristana better.

12345 ... 6