A big Thank You to RIOT GAMES

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightdragoon88

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demacian Dunk View Post
And who were they? The typical bronzies that perpetuate circlejerking the vote system on forums?

Can we actually get a playable game instead of you bragging about arbitrary content?

There is more to this game then just releasing a new champ.

SaixPeregrinus

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castman View Post
A bunch of fkin pretendtious kiss-arses here. But if you call them out on it they will fall back to "We're just being appreciative don't hate!"

Brown-nosers
Brown nosing indicates bonuses for doing so. I happen to be happy with Riot and what they are doing. I have endeavored (irony INC) to avoid sounding pretentious, and agree RIOT has more to do. Ignoring accomplishment is stupid, though, and we should recognize what they have done.

SaixPeregrinus

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demacian Dunk View Post
Following that, 90%+ of those things aren't even close to a need.
And I did not say they were, I said that is what Riot has done, its a long list, it's all very nice new additions, and that I, for one, am THANKFUL for their continued commitment. Again, I still have my petty list of wants, but Riot has been very active, and suggesting otherwise is disingenuous.

2nd Chance

01-30-2014

the rare complement from a GDer... what?... ... ... GUYS... I'M SCARED! eAe THIS IS NOT HOW GD USUALLY IS!

Slashmeehup

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT PUSHED View Post
Absolutely ridiculous.

Throw logical fallacies and terrible analogies out the window, please. Two people WILL change a tire quicker than one. Adding eight more people to the conversation is intellectual dishonesty at its finest, so GTFO with that.

For example - and I'm taking this out of RIOT's mouth - Morello and co. decided to take resources from the new content team to spread it across the rework/VU team to - as all Rioters have put it - emphasis reworks and to deliver them at a more efficient rate.

See how that works? The more resources you allocate to a specific project, the more the capacity, and thus, one would assume the better efficiency.

But yeah, keep comparing this to a tire change.
You missed my point entirely. The point wasn't that things won't get done more quickly with more people, but that there's diminishing returns in productivity when you throw more people into a project. People say things like "Riot is a huge company with hundred of people and half a billion dollars! Why aren't they churning out content all the time?!" No matter how big or rich Riot gets, there's only so fast they can possibly put out new things.

FlynnOFlenniken

01-30-2014

Finally! A positive thread!

I agree with the people who say we shouldn't blindly accept/love anything and everything Riot does, but geez we can be nice now and then and give them props on things they've done well.

Mannix

01-30-2014

Thanks Riot. Can't wait to see what else you guys have in store for us.

Bloodyboxer

01-30-2014

I love you saix

About 38 Ninjas

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodyboxer View Post
I love you saix
Saix is a meh person. I have a theory on this fella tho.

Bloodyboxer

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by About 38 Ninjas View Post
Saix is a meh person. I have a theory on this fella tho.
This is a very strong theory I might make a movie about this