A big Thank You to RIOT GAMES

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightdragoon88

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foonakie View Post
This is a good list of things Riot did that no one asked for or cared about.
It should serve as a reminder of the problems they have with their creative direction. Many players are asking for more balance, itemization and unique champions, yet here we are with a list of none of that stuff.

Really? You spent how much time on getting foreign countries into this game? You worked on game-modes that aren't even designed for competitive play, which means that only plebs will enjoy it.

My God what a selfish response. They do all this stuff not only for you but for millions of other people and you whine because it not what "you" wanted?

New Flash: The game is not all about you. Other nations wanted severs so they could play. Other players wanted new game-modes that are not for competitive play. Other players ask for these things that you think no one ask for.

And you have the NERVE to say this.

SaixPeregrinus

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Thanks for posting this. While there's always a lot more to do (and always will be), pointing out success sometimes is nice to see once in awhile too

People wanted more non-champion content, so, I think we did pretty well on that (and we think we can do better this year).
:O
I'm just happy to see the game grow. I'm happy with how the game has been going, and I'm confident that you guys will work on what needs doing and have it fixed as soon as you are happy that it is ready to be added to the game.

I know that if we fans of League are hard on you, it can only be a fraction of how hard Riot employees, who are both fans and creators/maintainers, are on themselves (as a company).

SaixPeregrinus

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foonakie View Post
This is a good list of things Riot did that no one asked for or cared about.
It should serve as a reminder of the problems they have with their creative direction. Many players are asking for more balance, itemization and unique champions, yet here we are with a list of none of that stuff.

Really? You spent how much time on getting foreign countries into this game? You worked on game-modes that aren't even designed for competitive play, which means that only plebs will enjoy it.

There is just too much wrong with this list. I applaud you guys at least for doing something.
I certainly like the skins, LCS, new champions, and the fact that NA/EU servers are less crowded because new localized region servers are being put in place.

Also, It's usually the things someone does for you that you never asked for that end up being the most foundation, if you aren't paranoid to the point of thinking everyone is trying to slight you.

Wow cc nub

01-30-2014

Thank you Riot for this amazing free game. Keep up the good work!

lightdragoon88

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaixPeregrinus View Post
I certainly like the skins, LCS, new champions, and the fact that NA/EU servers are less crowded because new localized region servers are being put in place.

Also, It's usually the things someone does for you that you never asked for that end up being the most foundation, if you aren't paranoid to the point of thinking everyone is trying to slight you.

I forgot about that.

When I first started, it was all "jajajajajaja" and other languages that I couldn't understand. With all the new severs, I never see it anymore.

cptfalcon911

01-30-2014

Thank you riot! Love this game and appreciate the hard work.

That being said don't get lazy, this game can get so much better!!

SaixPeregrinus

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptfalcon911 View Post
Thank you riot! Love this game and appreciate the hard work.

That being said don't get lazy, this game can get so much better!!
^This. This is exactly what I'm trying to say. I do want SO MUCH more done, and my list of grievances exists, but all things considered I cannot be unhappy with the game, it's direction, or the sheer quantity of work/content/infrastructure that has been built in a singular year. Sure, champion releases are down, but skins are on par with better quality, reworks are up, visual updates are up, and there seems to be a building towards an overhauled client, etc in the makings based on the infrastructure building they have been going through. So yeah, I can wait until they feel it is in an appropriate spot to be teased/beta'd/released. I feel that is fair. And I feel they need a Thank You for all their effort from the previous year.

Castman

01-30-2014

A bunch of fkin pretendtious kiss-arses here. But if you call them out on it they will fall back to "We're just being appreciative don't hate!"

Brown-nosers

Demacian Dunk

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaixPeregrinus View Post
I said 2013. Thresh was released in 2013.

NEED to do is subjective.
As a company, I'm happy with the productivity they have displayed, and will continue to support them as a result. Do I want more done? Sure. Does that completely negate or override what they have done already for me? No.

Since there are already 50 threads a day about how much they suck, I felt there should be one saying thank you for their past year of commitment and achievement. Suggesting what they've given us is paltry and underwhelming is silly, and at best a subjective interest. These are objective things they have done, and I am supplying my OPINION that I feel they were done well and are impressive.
Following that, 90%+ of those things aren't even close to a need.

Demacian Dunk

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Thanks for posting this. While there's always a lot more to do (and always will be), pointing out success sometimes is nice to see once in awhile too

People wanted more non-champion content, so, I think we did pretty well on that (and we think we can do better this year).
And who were they? The typical bronzies that perpetuate circlejerking the vote system on forums?

Can we actually get a playable game instead of you bragging about arbitrary content?