A big Thank You to RIOT GAMES

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LesbianRainbow

01-30-2014

bumbings >

Ohzias

01-30-2014

Re-releasing old skins doesn't classify them as being new. So riot DID NOT release 50 new skins this year. ******

HellDonkeywHorns

01-30-2014

You forgot Zac, and that Quinn release date is Zac's. Quinn was released on the 1st of March.

asdsgafsf

01-30-2014

Really ?

The car engine is broken so they changed the paint color and added some features, and people are happy with that ? Seriously ?

By praising their marketing bull**** you're just showing them that they don't need to fix their pathetic game engine to make you happy. They will just carry on giving you fancy things and ignore the main issues.

But yeah, Riot did good, you are truly the people they are targeting.

lightdragoon88

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdsgafsf View Post
Really ?

The car engine is broken so they changed the paint color and added some features, and people are happy with that ? Seriously ?

By praising their marketing bull**** you're just showing them that they don't need to fix their pathetic game engine to make you happy. They will just carry on giving you fancy things and ignore the main issues.

But yeah, Riot did good, you are truly the people they are targeting.

Riot has been working their behinds off for you and you can do is whine. It people like you who ignore everything they do just so you can say they are bad that is sicking.

Foonakie

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaixPeregrinus View Post
Alright, so we've had a full year now of amazing content and awesome times in League of Legends. However, despite whatever has been done, it always amazes me, to my regret, how little it is appreciated. With that in mind, I wanted to list out RIOT's work and say thanks.

This year another 7 champions have charged the field:
Thresh 01/23/13
Quinn 03/29/13
Lissandra 04/30/13
Aatrox 06/13/13
Lucian 08/22/13
Jinx 10/10/13
Yasuo 12/13/13

In addition, multiple have also had their visuals, textures, and/or kits updated this year:
Annie 01/16/13 (Visual Update)
Karma 03/14/13 (Full Rework)
Sejuani 04/02/13 (Reworked + Visual Update)
Trundle 04/02/13 (Full Rework)
Master Yi 07/30/13 (Reworked + Visual Update)
Garen 10/01/13 (Visual Update)
Sivir 10/29/13 (Reworked + Visual Update)
Rammus 10/29/13 (Visual Update [Textures])
Nasus 11/21/13 (Visual Update)
Anivia 12/13/13 (Visual Update [Textures])

Riot also created a total of 50 unique skins this year, available for the first time:
750 : 5 : 10%
975 : 31: 62%
1350: 9 : 18%
1820: 4 : 8%
3250: 1 : 2%

These include all Legacy, Traditional, and/or Limited Edition skins such as TPA, Championship Thresh, etc.

RIOT has also launched multiple new versions of League into the world, complete with language integration in the following areas:
Italy
Russia
CIS
Latin America
Oceanic
Indonesia

They've also begun a few new services, including:
Mac Beta
New(ish) Website
API Beta
LoL-E-sports Website
Community Beta

Finally, Game upgrades/new services:
Smart Pings
Skin Price Standardization
ARAM Queue
E-sport All-Star event
E-sport Summoner Icons
Ward Skins
Gifting Services
Temporary Game Modes (All-For-One, Showdown)
Limited Edition Skin Re-Release
Item Sets
Mastery Overhaul
Item Overhaul
League Championship Series
Coke Challenger Series

There is much more they have done this year, and I, for one, and happy with the amount of attention they have given the game. League now covers more of the world in coverage, and balance seems to be reaching a zenith. Proof? Over 50% of the champions in the game have already seen competitive play in the LCS this year alone. Combining last year's LCS, less than 10% of the champions in the league have NOT won an LCS match.

I can't express, or even put into words, thought, or feeling, how much I am overjoyed at RIOT's continued growth and dedication to League, and am happy to be a supporter/skin purchaser/LCS viewer. I may disagree with certain aspects of the game, or feel certain parts to be overly strong or overly weak, but on the whole these are in the minority compared to the massive success RIOT has shown in other aspects of the game.

Thanks again, RIOT, this game is awesome.
This is a good list of things Riot did that no one asked for or cared about.
It should serve as a reminder of the problems they have with their creative direction. Many players are asking for more balance, itemization and unique champions, yet here we are with a list of none of that stuff.

Really? You spent how much time on getting foreign countries into this game? You worked on game-modes that aren't even designed for competitive play, which means that only plebs will enjoy it.

There is just too much wrong with this list. I applaud you guys at least for doing something.

Epichuntarz

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jikker View Post
Trundle wasn't a full rework. His abilities stayed mostly the same and just got renamed to my knowledge. He was primarily a massive VU, transfer to Frejlord, lore fix champion.

Other than that, it is nice to at least have a full list of what Riot did. Since most people judge on new champions, I think they fail to see that Riot did do a lot and weren't sitting twiddling their thumbs between LCS splits
I'd really like to see a list comparing what they've done in prior years to 2013. I bet 2013 wouldn't look so "productive" at that point.

FFS All is OP

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foonakie View Post
This is a good list of things Riot did that no one asked for or cared about.
It should serve as a reminder of the problems they have with their creative direction. Many players are asking for more balance, itemization and unique champions, yet here we are with a list of none of that stuff.

Really? You spent how much time on getting foreign countries into this game? You worked on game-modes that aren't even designed for competitive play, which means that only plebs will enjoy it.

There is just too much wrong with this list. I applaud you guys at least for doing something.
bingo

that 'list' isn't a good thing.

Jamnon

01-30-2014

@Riot: What game do you have envisioned after League?

Epichuntarz

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Thanks for posting this. While there's always a lot more to do (and always will be), pointing out success sometimes is nice to see once in awhile too

People wanted more non-champion content, so, I think we did pretty well on that (and we think we can do better this year).
Non-champion content like...

Holiday map skins?
Journals of Justice/Lore?
Skins for champs that have gone at least a year without receiving one?

If THAT is the thing you pick out to mention...not sure I'd be too proud on this front. I think non-champion content (I'm defining it as content that isn't a champion release or gameplay rework) left a lot to be desired in 2013.