A big Thank You to RIOT GAMES

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blunts4Brekfast

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMixWarrior View Post
The reason why they were marketed as Limited edition was to show support for Riot while they were growing and you would be able to show off the Skins, that Riot said they were never bringing back, to people who later joined the game.

Those players were advertised Limited Edition Skins. Riot Lied and gave the sad excuse of "Well people who joined the game later cant experience those skins!" It doesn't take a genius to see that Riot indeed lied and people who spout the line "Get over it" don't want to address the underlying problem with a Company Lying to your face.

You can try to justify why Riot did what they did ten ways till Sunday but at the end of the day they broke their word to the original owners.

If this was just a one time issue where Riot went back on their word it wouldn't have been so bad.

However, look at what Riot has habitually done over recent years. See a pattern? They have been Lying straight to our faces and will always try to play it off. What does that tell you about Riot? I don't even believe half the lines they feed us nowadays they have to release something first before I can believe them because they have been known to lie. I want them to be better because I saw what they used to be and It was truly amazing.
Youre crying about something that made thousands of people happy. Get over it.

SaixPeregrinus

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMixWarrior View Post
The reason why they were marketed as Limited edition was to show support for Riot while they were growing and you would be able to show off the Skins, that Riot said they were never bringing back, to people who later joined the game.

Those players were advertised Limited Edition Skins. Riot Lied and gave the sad excuse of "Well people who joined the game later cant experience those skins!" It doesn't take a genius to see that Riot indeed lied and people who spout the line "Get over it" don't want to address the underlying problem with a Company Lying to your face.

You can try to justify why Riot did what they did ten ways till Sunday but at the end of the day they broke their word to the original owners.

If this was just a one time issue where Riot went back on their word it wouldn't have been so bad.

However, look at what Riot has habitually done over recent years. See a pattern? They have been Lying straight to our faces and will always try to play it off. What does that tell you about Riot? I don't even believe half the lines they feed us nowadays they have to release something first before I can believe them because they have been known to lie. I want them to be better because I saw what they used to be and It was truly amazing.
They were refunded RP, given specialty Summoner Icons, and given Specialty Skin Splashes. They can still show off swag that displays their length of commitment, and RIOT has repetitively apologized for the double back on the limited clause. How is it ridiculous for them to want new players to be involved in all content? Would you have predicted the growth of the game to be this much three years ago?

Nosef

01-29-2014

+1. This game has changed so much since beta it's almost unbelievable. Keep up the good work rito.

Alphabet

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaixPeregrinus View Post
They are focusing infrastructure much more and getting servers up all over the world. They are also focused on fixing EUW and the Eastern Seaboard of NA. So yes, there are better things on the horizon that are yet undelivered, but 2013 yes a great year.
That is a load of ****. All the server attention is not in NA, and they are not fixing jack **** on the eastern seaboard of NA. East coast server is needed but they refuse to put one in. Their response to the need is that it takes effort and costs money... and they'd rather not spend either on servers. Every time they say "we are working with ISPs to improve latency" is just them saying it sucks to be you and good luck chuck.

I couldn't give a **** how many servers they put up in asian countries. NA has its servers in ONE little location since S1. Look a Map of the world and take a look at how much area one location covering. It's not even in the center of the area it serves.

Riot no longer has interest in producing a quality game as The start for such would be making it playable. Now it's all about putting in the bare minimum to bleed out the most they can. Why do you think that nearly every champ put out recently has been just flat out OP as sin? Cause every kid wants to own the free elo OP champ that just came out, and what's that??? they don't have the IP to buy it at 7800 IP? I wonder what they will do to make sure they can play the newest OP champ.

hallucin8in

01-29-2014

Finally, a person who appreciates Riot instead of just *****ing at them! The only thing that would make this thread better is more up votes! This thread, with all of the effort from the OP and how much it shows, should be 10,000+ up votes!

SaixPeregrinus

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabet View Post
That is a load of ****. All the server attention is not in NA, and they are not fixing jack **** on the eastern seaboard of NA. East coast server is needed but they refuse to put one in. Their response to the need is that it takes effort and costs money... and they'd rather not spend either on servers. Every time they say "we are working with ISPs to improve latency" is just them saying it sucks to be you and good luck chuck.

I couldn't give a **** how many servers they put up in asian countries. NA has its servers in ONE little location since S1. Look a Map of the world and take a look at how much area one location covering. It's not even in the center of the area it serves.

Riot no longer has interest in producing a quality game as The start for such would be making it playable. Now it's all about putting in the bare minimum to bleed out the most they can. Why do you think that nearly every champ put out recently has been just flat out OP as sin? Cause every kid wants to own the free elo OP champ that just came out, and what's that??? they don't have the IP to buy it at 7800 IP? I wonder what they will do to make sure they can play the newest OP champ.
Sorry, the rest of the world exists, and RIOT is interested in both the USA and the World for their E-Sports. If you search for the Tryndamere posts on Reddit, they suggest exactly that: EUW and East NA are on the board for expanded services and Servers.

BetterQuitSucka

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaixPeregrinus View Post
Because they are building physical structures in new regions instead of game assets. I fail to see the problem? Also, they are keeping up with previous years quotas while still expanding those physical bases. Not to mention the LCS, Coke Challenger Series, etc. Yes, I do count reworks as champion releases, as it takes near as much time to do, outside of setting up the model itself, which is also re-textured/visually updated.
I'm sorry, but what does building "physical structures" have to do with the creativity and game design team? Are the people who are supposed to be pumping out new content the same people with the bulldozers and hammers building new and shiny Riot Gaming centers?

Yhea, I didn't think so. Riot promised map skins and didn't deliver, they promised Magma Chamber and didn't deliver, they promised at least 10-12 new Champions a year and didn't deliver, they promised strong and consistent patches and they didn't deliver, and they promised various reworks that they said they would deliver on time BECAUSE they took away resources from the new content team, and yeah, they didn't deliver.

Riot is continuously growing as a company because of this player base pumping blood into its veins. If more money = more quantity and more quality, then by all means, we should all be thankful. But the quantity hasn't gone up (in fact it's gone down) and certainly the quality hasn't gone up by much, either.

One can conclude that:

1. Riot has to reboot its creative/ideas team, since the current one might have ran dry.
2. Upper management has absolutely no idea how to allocate resources and manage timelines/deadlines.
3. Or they've simply gone soft and lazy, and are content with the money they've already made.

BetterQuitSucka

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossusx1 View Post
you degree in finance has failed you. basic economics will teach us the law of diminishing returns. the more you put into said business/gov't/etc the less efficient it will be. so the more money and manpower riot puts into LoL, the less efficient it is; this **** is not linear. if x was riot's production in 2012 and they became 3 times as big with 3 times as many employees in 2013, they will not produce 3x the content. would just like to point this out before you steer people in the wrong direction with utterly false facts
Lol, it's not perfectly linear, but it has a correlation.

Year 2012 Riot has 10 designers (or X amount of dollars) working on new content - Riot releases 50 units of new content.

Year 2013 Riot has 20 designers (or 2X amount of dollars working on new content - Riot releases 40 units of new content.

One would (and should) assume with more man power and more money, there's absolutely NO reason why production should go down, and for especially for a long stretch.

SkinnerBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT PUSHED View Post
Thank you for what?

Riot is getting bigger and richer, and its production is getting smaller, and slower.

There's absolutely NOTHING to be thankful for with a trend like that, sorry.
This guy gets it

BetterQuitSucka

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashmeehup View Post
This x 1,000.

Everyone seems to think that pouring more money and people into a project makes it happen sooner. The world doesn't work that way. If one person can change a tire in 10 minutes, would 2 people get it done in half the time? Would 10 people changing that same tire get it done in a minute flat? Would 100 people get it done in 6 seconds? Sounds absurd, doesn't it?
Absolutely ridiculous.

Throw logical fallacies and terrible analogies out the window, please. Two people WILL change a tire quicker than one. Adding eight more people to the conversation is intellectual dishonesty at its finest, so GTFO with that.

For example - and I'm taking this out of RIOT's mouth - Morello and co. decided to take resources from the new content team to spread it across the rework/VU team to - as all Rioters have put it - emphasis reworks and to deliver them at a more efficient rate.

See how that works? The more resources you allocate to a specific project, the more the capacity, and thus, one would assume the better efficiency.

But yeah, keep comparing this to a tire change.