A big Thank You to RIOT GAMES

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cytus

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT PUSHED View Post
Thank you for what?

Riot is getting bigger and richer, and its production is getting smaller, and slower.

There's absolutely NOTHING to be thankful for with a trend like that, sorry.
^^^^^^^^^^^

BetterQuitSucka

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaixPeregrinus View Post
We should be mad that a company that doesn't require a purchase to enjoy their product is successful?

They made 50 skins last year. 31 were 975. Where is the greed?
1. I never said anything about greed. I have a finance degrees and fully understand how capitalism works. Riot is a business and it needs to make its money.

2. BUT, a general rule of thumb is - the bigger and richer the company, the more resources - and thus - bigger and better and more efficient production.

Riot's production is going down, DESPITE an increase in everything on the left side of the Balance Sheet.

Jikker

01-29-2014

Trundle wasn't a full rework. His abilities stayed mostly the same and just got renamed to my knowledge. He was primarily a massive VU, transfer to Frejlord, lore fix champion.

Other than that, it is nice to at least have a full list of what Riot did. Since most people judge on new champions, I think they fail to see that Riot did do a lot and weren't sitting twiddling their thumbs between LCS splits

SaixPeregrinus

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT PUSHED View Post
1. I never said anything about greed. I have a finance degrees and fully understand how capitalism works. Riot is a business and it needs to make its money.

2. BUT, a general rule of thumb is - the bigger and richer the company, the more resources - and thus - bigger and better and more efficient production.

Riot's production is going down, DESPITE an increase in everything on the left side of the Balance Sheet.
Because they are building physical structures in new regions instead of game assets. I fail to see the problem? Also, they are keeping up with previous years quotas while still expanding those physical bases. Not to mention the LCS, Coke Challenger Series, etc. Yes, I do count reworks as champion releases, as it takes near as much time to do, outside of setting up the model itself, which is also re-textured/visually updated.

marc is awesome

01-29-2014

People don't realize that Riot doesn't have to do any **** from its players to be successful in business lol.

SculptorOvFlesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2014

That's nice. wheres replays? Wheres map skins? wheres real content? wheres rune changes?

Where's all the things that should have been before all that useless ****?

Grand Astaroth

01-29-2014

Also thank Riot for being one of the few Game companies that exist now that respects its fans and uses more applaudable business practices.
2013 was a great year for the league I bet 2014 will be better!
Seeing a thread that actually wants to thank Riot for once is really refreshing

yumyumdonuts

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaixPeregrinus View Post
We should be mad that a company that doesn't require a purchase to enjoy their product is successful?

They made 50 skins last year. 31 were 975. Where is the greed?
Your list included legacy skins which were not only made last year, they come from different years.

Splendid Cake

01-29-2014

K how much is Riot paying you for the bj? Content has slowed down horrendously since S2.

Xynikal

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cake View Post
K how much is Riot paying you for the bj? Content has slowed down horrendously since S2.
Add to the fact that they introduced a HORRIBLE league system for ranked last season
Oh, and still ZERO answers for afks and trolls
At least they KIND of got the loss forgiven thing to activate more quickly, but it -still- doesn't save everyone from the lag issues that seem to pop up randomly
So yah... No... It was quite a bad year for Riot

Also forgot to mention the broken death recap and the lack of a proper replay system
Oh, and voice chat too
Oh, and the existence of broken champs
Oh, and the existence of never-picked champs

123456 ... 10