Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A big Thank You to RIOT GAMES

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaixPeregrinus

01-28-2014

Alright, so we've had a full year now of amazing content and awesome times in League of Legends. However, despite whatever has been done, it always amazes me, to my regret, how little it is appreciated. With that in mind, I wanted to list out RIOT's work and say thanks.

This year another 8 champions have charged the field:
Thresh 01/23/13
Quinn 03/01/13
Zac 03/29/13
Lissandra 04/30/13
Aatrox 06/13/13
Lucian 08/22/13
Jinx 10/10/13
Yasuo 12/13/13

In addition, multiple have also had their visuals, textures, and/or kits updated this year:
Annie 01/16/13 (Visual Update)
Karma 03/14/13 (Full Rework)
Sejuani 04/02/13 (Reworked + Visual Update)
Trundle 04/02/13 (Full Rework)
Master Yi 07/30/13 (Reworked + Visual Update)
Garen 10/01/13 (Visual Update)
Sivir 10/29/13 (Reworked + Visual Update)
Rammus 10/29/13 (Visual Update [Textures])
Nasus 11/21/13 (Visual Update)
Anivia 12/13/13 (Visual Update [Textures])

Riot also created a total of 50 unique skins this year, available for the first time:
750 : 5 : 10%
975 : 31: 62%
1350: 9 : 18%
1820: 4 : 8%
3250: 1 : 2%

These include all Legacy, Traditional, and/or Limited Edition skins such as TPA, Championship Thresh, etc.

RIOT has also launched multiple new versions of League into the world, complete with language integration in the following areas:
Italy
Russia
CIS
Latin America
Oceanic
Indonesia

They've also begun a few new services, including:
Mac Beta
New(ish) Website
API Beta
LoL-E-sports Website
Community Beta

Finally, Game upgrades/new services:
Smart Pings
Skin Price Standardization
ARAM Queue
E-sport All-Star event
E-sport Summoner Icons
Ward Skins
Gifting Services
Temporary Game Modes (All-For-One, Showdown)
Limited Edition Skin Re-Release
Item Sets
Mastery Overhaul
Item Overhaul
League Championship Series
Coke Challenger Series

There is much more they have done this year, and I, for one, and happy with the amount of attention they have given the game. League now covers more of the world in coverage, and balance seems to be reaching a zenith. Proof? Over 50% of the champions in the game have already seen competitive play in the LCS this year alone. Combining last year's LCS, less than 10% of the champions in the league have NOT won an LCS match.

I can't express, or even put into words, thought, or feeling, how much I am overjoyed at RIOT's continued growth and dedication to League, and am happy to be a supporter/skin purchaser/LCS viewer. I may disagree with certain aspects of the game, or feel certain parts to be overly strong or overly weak, but on the whole these are in the minority compared to the massive success RIOT has shown in other aspects of the game.

Thanks again, RIOT, this game is awesome.

Edit: Forgot Zac and put Quinn on his date, SORRY! :O

Glorious Hunter

01-28-2014

Can we list all of the things that they still need to do? It's alot bigger than that list.

aznsong

01-28-2014

thresh is not from season 3
you idiot
also downvoted.

SaixPeregrinus

01-29-2014

Quote:
aznsong:
thresh is not from season 3
you idiot
also downvoted.

I said 2013. Thresh was released in 2013.

Quote:
Ay Yo Boo Boo:
Can we list all of the things that they still need to do? It's alot bigger than that list.

NEED to do is subjective.
As a company, I'm happy with the productivity they have displayed, and will continue to support them as a result. Do I want more done? Sure. Does that completely negate or override what they have done already for me? No.

Since there are already 50 threads a day about how much they suck, I felt there should be one saying thank you for their past year of commitment and achievement. Suggesting what they've given us is paltry and underwhelming is silly, and at best a subjective interest. These are objective things they have done, and I am supplying my OPINION that I feel they were done well and are impressive.

Nid is Cancer

01-29-2014

holy moly batman! a whole 7 champions in a year! wow!

lol. This game has 117(?) champs over the 5(6?) years its been out. If they made 7 champs per year every year that would be 35-42.

What an accomplisment.

Miko Ryukudo

01-29-2014

Thanks for posting that. Looking back, we have gotten quite a bit of content that wasn't just champion releases.

Thank you Riot, still love your game :3

SaixPeregrinus

01-29-2014

Quote:
PoppaMan:
holy moly batman! a whole 7 champions in a year! wow!

lol. This game has 117(?) champs over the 5(6?) years its been out. If they made 7 champs per year every year that would be 35-42.

What an accomplisment.

And then you count the multiple VU's, Reworks, 50 skins, etc and you realize that maybe champions aren't the only additions? Na. Never mind, that's stupid.

Foztog

01-29-2014

Thank you for what?

Riot is getting bigger and richer, and its production is getting smaller, and slower.

There's absolutely NOTHING to be thankful for with a trend like that, sorry.

SaixPeregrinus

01-29-2014

Quote:
SPLIT PUSHED:
Thank you for what?

Riot is getting bigger and richer, and its production is getting smaller, and slower.

There's absolutely NOTHING to be thankful for with a trend like that, sorry.

We should be mad that a company that doesn't require a purchase to enjoy their product is successful?

They made 50 skins last year. 31 were 975. Where is the greed?

Hazard

01-29-2014

Quote:
Ay Yo Boo Boo:

Because **** patience, everything needs to happen now!!!