riot, i would like to be alerted when the people i reported are banned

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaintCrazy

01-29-2014

I love this idea, just because I'm sick of seeing a toxic player every game and having to send reports to the abyss, as you said. It feels so futile. Knowing how many of your reports led to a ban, compared to how many reports you give out, also gives us a good way to tell if we're reporting people too often or for too little reason.

I would also suggest that the person being reported get some semi-immediate feedback as well. Maybe not right after the game where they were reported but the next day or something... although, knowing that you've been reported (after you've left the postgame lobby of course) immediately is a lot more specific feedback. Get a notification a few days later, you might not remember what you did that was report-worthy. Get a ban or some other punishment several weeks later, like it is now with the Tribunal, and you definitely won't remember that "bad day" you had, and even if you did, the punishment doesn't feel meaningful because it's so detached from the bad behavior.

I think this'd be a good way to implement the Honor system as well - maybe you only get a notification about being reported if you're reported by positive, not-toxic players who have had more accurate reports. There's already a system in place to reduce the impact of people who jam the report button as often as possible, so reports from those people could be ignored or have less impact on whether or not the person gets a notification.

Tortferngatr

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I agree with some of the other players here, we have to break down the feature and problem space.

I think players want strong feedback loops for every action they have in League of Legends (or really, anything you do in life). If you Honor someone, you might want to get some feedback about that action--did that person unlock an Honor ribbon later and you helped them do it? Did the person continue on a 3-game winning streak afterwards? If you Report someone, you might also want some feedback that the action did something. Did the player end up improving their behaviors, or getting a chat-ban?

However, having feedback for every action is not the same as encouraging vindictiveness or revenge behavior. We've talked about more feedback for Honors and Reports in the past, and we're definitely open to the idea and have a few designs in mind; but, we'd probably never reveal player names in any of the feedback due to privacy issues and the fact that it'd create some unnecessary witch-hunting behaviors.

For now, the player behavior team is heavily invested in trying to get Team Builder in a state that players would enjoy on Live servers. Our research shows that a lot of bad behavior results from good people experiencing triggers or contexts such as having a bad day, having a bad game, etc. We haven't seriously invested time in preventing these contexts or triggers, and believe Team Builder is the highest value to players right now compared to working on things like improving feedback loops for our other systems.
Put a button that lets you stroke a Poro's fur with your mouse cursor in draft. Sell a laser pointer version where you can make the poro chase the laser.

champion select is now diamonds

Vacus

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
For now, the player behavior team is heavily invested in trying to get Team Builder in a state that players would enjoy on Live servers. Our research shows that a lot of bad behavior results from good people experiencing triggers or contexts such as having a bad day, having a bad game, etc. We haven't seriously invested time in preventing these contexts or triggers, and believe Team Builder is the highest value to players right now compared to working on things like improving feedback loops for our other systems.
The fact that Team Builder is 100% irrelevant to Ranked play makes me think you are overvaluing it.

Ranked play accounts for a disproportionate amount of toxicity overall in League of Legends, and Team Builder will do nothing to address that fact. Part of it is the nature of the beast, certainly; all other things being equal, Ranked is always going to be more toxic than Normal. But nonetheless, Ranked is on average more toxic than Normal, and Team Builder will do nothing to address the toxicity of Ranked play.

Viro Melchior

01-31-2014

I would love to simply be able to view basic statistics.

You have filed X reports against (number similar to X) unique players.
In that same time, you have been reported Y times.

Of the players you have reported, Z players have had a tribunal case against their account, and W of them received a punishment.
V players that you reported have had their account permanently banned.

Your report strength is (very high/high/average/low/very low), based on the how many players you report that end up in the tribunal.
Your account is (high/moderate/low/negligible risk for a tribunal case based on the reports filed against you).

All numbers are updated weekly (not after every game).

The Shaco Bot

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray2Saucy View Post

say im in a game and there is someone with a negative attitude, raging, and overall dragging team moral down. i have to sit through 20-40 minutes of his negativity. nope, i can't mute him. in the case he says something important regarding team coordination, i want to hear it because yes, i want to win the game. so i have the rager unmuted and have to bear with it for 20-40 minutes. this takes A LOT of effort to do without responding aggressively back. not only does this rager ruin the teams good mood, it puts them in a state of mind where we can easily break and start raging ourselves.
1) You can mute him you choose not too.
2) If all he is doing is raging and saying things that are distracting and negative and not positive or insightful at all there is no point, you have said you want to win and that he only rages.
3) If you are trying to win why not try to focus helping him calm down or just ignoring him or even finding ways to work with him all while he is muted/unmuted.

Vegas Dad

01-31-2014

Really hate people like the OP, says he cant mute him because that ragin negative person might say something important about teamwork. FOAD. you are a candy ass just like ignore thier chat, you act like it is piped into your ear and without a mute you cannot help yourself.

play the ****ing game quite trying to be the hall monitor you ****lord.

Vegas Dad

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shaco Bot View Post
1) You can mute him you choose not too.
2) If all he is doing is raging and saying things that are distracting and negative and not positive or insightful at all there is no point, you have said you want to win and that he only rages.
3) If you are trying to win why not try to focus helping him calm down or just ignoring him or even finding ways to work with him all while he is muted/unmuted.

3) no you see they must respond and keep on provoking the player that was ALREADY provoked, because as we all know very few people rage for zero reasons. So next time your top rages because he is being camped and your jungler does nothing to help out, instead of saying something retarded like buy a ward, or dont blame the jungler not his job to win your lane, say something useful like hey mr jungler you should really help out top he is being camped and it is hard to play 1 v 2.

OxBlood69

01-31-2014

The amount of butthurt on op is too high to be measured

AFuzzyMuffin

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaedenKai View Post
I think it would be interesting to receive reform cards, minus player names, of people I have reported. It could be an option you set, so people who aren't interested can opt out.
Bump for truth.

Bunta

01-31-2014

I personally think it would be a great idea! it sucks reporting people with a detailed feedback of why i reported said person and to not have some form of feedback that it went to a good cause. I mean this game is riddled with Toxic players and while i try to use the tribunal as much as i can its not like i remember every single summoner i reported. It would be nice and in a sense a reassurance to know that what i do helps the community!