riot, i would like to be alerted when the people i reported are banned

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vokkyt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2014

Kind of feel you're reporting for the wrong reasons if you only get satisfaction from seeing punishment. Report because it makes the game a better place -- not because of your own personal satisfaction of getting the final say in an in-game spat. And no, it really shouldn't be both, cause it's being really dishonest and it's not the intent of the system. Reporting for personal satisfaction results in vengeful reports instead of actually trying to clean up the community.

So no, I really don't think this is a good idea at all. Seems to me like the only people who would really care about who specifically got banned as a result of reports would be people who are reporting for vindictive reasons.

DirtyDanish

01-28-2014

Reporting people most of the time does not do anything. That is why Riot does not want you to know.

cowkings2010

01-28-2014

Hope you know reporting does nothing I get reported on a daily base for feeding when i dont get my way raging when the team sucks ect and nothing happens you know why cuz the amount of money I spend on this game riot knows they cant ban me I know for a fact i get reported at lest 6-10 times a day for the past 5-6 mounths and nothing has happen so have fun reporting people as long as they buy skins riot wont ban

marc is awesome

01-28-2014

I agree, but that would be too much work for Riot. Honestly, I'd rather have them focus on bugs/fixes/patches than inform 50m players individually that someone they punished in the Tribunal system got banned/suspended.

That's just me though.

Nasreth

01-28-2014

i dont care about knowing whether specific instances got someone banned, i'm happy enough knowing the system works.

BlindRapture

01-28-2014

That would give me great peace of mind.

Nyar

01-28-2014

Most reports are garbage, sorry to put it bluntly.

No description, no evidence in logs, no actual violations of the summoner's code; a lot of reports are just sore losers reporting their teammates for being outplayed and/or reporting enemies for outplaying them. People like to think that every time they click the little [ ! ] button that they're automatically right and that the other person is automatically toxic but quite frequently it is just the other way around. Toxic players are severely addicted to that button and it is usually them who get banned for saying things like 'bg report my team' at the end of a match.

Backup4now

01-28-2014

+1 and bump.

As others mentioned, roit might want you to forget and move on, so only put their name on the notification. You probably won't remember the name, or the game they were in, etc.

Oconnomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2014

Here's the way I think they should do it. Instead of sending you a notice saying "you reported yoloswag420 and he has been punished by the tribunal" they should give you a weekly (or monthly digest) saying you reported x number of people, of those people y have received punishment. This would do two things: it would let you know that your feelings of dissatisfaction with the game/community are actually being addressed and, if you see that you are reporting 100x more people than are getting punished...perhaps you're not using the report function correctly.

Hi Im Brad

01-28-2014

a