Working at Riot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DragonBlast

01-31-2014

With the right vision Riot will be here for years to come. If I were to do my career all over again I would be a game engineer and work for a company like Riot. I am an old software programmer on mainframe computers which is very boring compared to the exciting opportunities these days. I have worked in a tons of jobs that include programming, quality control and project management.

To all the younger folks out there I would encourage you to keep your dreams and work hard to fulfill them. It will be people like you that will take companies like Riot to the next level of entertainment. I cannot think of more fulfilling and fun work.

Finally, to all those that work at Riot I know how hard a job you have, whether you work in software engineering, player experience, quality control, my hat is off to you. I know you can't please everyone and at times it can be a pretty thankless job. Customer service is such a double edge sword (umm, maybe the inspiration of the new double edge sword mastery? lol). Keep up the good work and no matter how tough things can get, and try to keep thinking outside the box!

Jgrhymes

04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTantram View Post
I'll try to find some time later to add the interested people in game, and talk about careers in engineering. I'm busy working on Team Builder for you guys though, so I'm pretty busy this week:-).

To all the 'why work at Riot haters' in this thread .. Riot is hands down the best place I have ever worked. I have been working as a software engineer for about 9 years. I have worked for large corporations, consulted, and worked on my own. Every day I step into the office is like a dream come true. The people I work with are top notch, there is a level of respect I have never seen in other workplaces, and everyone is focused on creating awesome things for our players.

This.

This has a great deal to do with why I applied. People love it and and from what I've read it's full of talent and creativity. I'm resurrecting this thread a bit, but if this offer is still on the table, I'd love to chat. I've been in project management for 5 years and it would be great to learn more about Riot.

Jgrhymes

04-11-2014

I won't be able to sleep unless I bump this at least once.

Wild Gengar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2014

Quote:
I'll try to find some time later to add the interested people in game, and talk about careers in engineering. I'm busy working on Team Builder for you guys though, so I'm pretty busy this week:-).

To all the 'why work at Riot haters' in this thread .. Riot is hands down the best place I have ever worked. I have been working as a software engineer for about 9 years. I have worked for large corporations, consulted, and worked on my own. Every day I step into the office is like a dream come true. The people I work with are top notch, there is a level of respect I have never seen in other workplaces, and everyone is focused on creating awesome things for our players.
morello pointing a gun to your head as you type all that?

i keed <3

JBangin

04-11-2014

Become the best damn janitor you can be!

009Deathwolf

04-11-2014

Quote:
Brave Johnny,

I added you in game. I'd be happy to talk about this with you.

I think it would impossible for you to add every single person who wants to know about how to get into Riot games.Instead of adding every single person in game, can you post a FAQ in forums on what is needed to get a job at Riot games. Thanks

Jgrhymes

04-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 009Deathwolf View Post
I think it would impossible for you to add every single person who wants to know about how to get into Riot games.Instead of adding every single person in game, can you post a FAQ in forums on what is needed to get a job at Riot games. Thanks
They have just this on LinkedIn. You'll probably find it helpful, I know I did. I want to discuss project management specific stuff which I've not been able to find a whole lot on. Plus it would be cool to ask a Rioter a thing or two

Foxadin

04-11-2014

Quote:

I have never seen a company so political in my life. Every red response by morello is like a script and it's clearly spreading the the rest of the employees. Yes of course a current employee will say this is the best company he/she ever worked for in a public setting. "best" place and "top" notch and "awesome" things are so broad and political

How about you say something more specific or genuine or out of your heart instead of copy and pasting a script...

Jgrhymes

04-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxadin View Post
I have never seen a company so political in my life. Every red response by morello is like a script and it's clearly spreading the the rest of the employees. Yes of course a current employee will say this is the best company he/she ever worked for in a public setting. "best" place and "top" notch and "awesome" things are so broad and political

How about you say something more specific or genuine or out of your heart instead of copy and pasting a script...
I've read several employee/ex-employee reviews which echo that "dream job" sentiment. Also a top ranked medium sized employer which is no small achievement.

Jgrhymes

04-11-2014

Well it was worth a shot. I'll bump once more after PAX.