Working at Riot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Player 0

01-29-2014

Dear Tantrum,

I do have a similar plan for my future. I wish to work at Riot also and become part of the team. I want to help improve the game.

Mediocre Top

01-29-2014

Hey Tantrum,

Stop throwing yourself.

Sincerely,
Parents

OctaSteve

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTantram View Post
I'll try to find some time later to add the interested people in game, and talk about careers in engineering. I'm busy working on Team Builder for you guys though, so I'm pretty busy this week:-).

To all the 'why work at Riot haters' in this thread .. Riot is hands down the best place I have ever worked. I have been working as a software engineer for about 9 years. I have worked for large corporations, consulted, and worked on my own. Every day I step into the office is like a dream come true. The people I work with are top notch, there is a level of respect I have never seen in other workplaces, and everyone is focused on creating awesome things for our players.
Sounds like Lyte is testing new methods of adjusting player behaviour...

FyshinaTux

01-29-2014

I'd actually greatly appreciate an opportunity to talk to someone about this as well, I'm not in highschool, and I feel my time is running short (on making decisions such as this). If you can find the time (doesn't have to be tonight or even tomorrow), I'd greatly appreciate if I could speak with you about this.

I'll add you in game when I get home from school, if that's alright.

<3

Not Commando Yi

01-29-2014

Quote:
I'll try to find some time later to add the interested people in game, and talk about careers in engineering. I'm busy working on Team Builder for you guys though, so I'm pretty busy this week:-).

To all the 'why work at Riot haters' in this thread .. Riot is hands down the best place I have ever worked. I have been working as a software engineer for about 9 years. I have worked for large corporations, consulted, and worked on my own. Every day I step into the office is like a dream come true. The people I work with are top notch, there is a level of respect I have never seen in other workplaces, and everyone is focused on creating awesome things for our players.
hmmm does our toxicity in game or on the forums get in the way of employment opportunities D: ?

Miles993

01-29-2014

I sent you a request as well, I would love to be a part of the company that made the game I love. (:

Rilath

01-29-2014

I'd love to talk about it as well, if you ever have the time and if I don't sound like I'm jumping on the "Add me!!" bandwagon. I'm about to graduate highschool and actually have been searching around for colleges where I can major in game design, most specifically the art side. DigiPen is actually in my top 3 that I am applying for, and Mr Fuzzy Nugget, I'd like to talk to you about DigiPen as much as I'd like to talk to RiotTantrum about working for Riot. If either of you would be willing to add me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Hungry Spriggan

01-29-2014

Quote:

Hey Tantram, I'm a student studying to be a commercial artist and its my dream to work at Riot in the art department. Is there a Rioter in that department that may be able to talk to me? I'd like advice on building a proper portfolio to apply to RiotGames with.

Birdsoul

01-29-2014

:O A job at Riot is like a place on Broadway! Shootin for the stars! I'm a computer science major with a minor in philosophy and I've also dreamt of the day I could make my very own OP champ or item, or anything for league. Tantrum, I don't want to impose but if there's any chance I could also get a few moments to talk to you I'd be more than delighted. I'm worried that now a lot of people are gonna ask you for the same favor so sorry if I add to the pile, but if you have anytime I'd be super happy. If not even for working for Riot but any info or help you can give. Also if you wanna play a few games together that'd be awesome! I could celebrate my 1000th(ish) normal win with style!

Raxton

01-31-2014

Hey Tantram, I'm currently a junoir in highschool and working at Riot is something I often daydream about, I'd love to talk sometime about the steps I should take to make myself a promising applicant to Riot Games in the future.