Working at Riot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

meadow

01-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTantram View Post
Ouss121,

I'll try and hit you up later tonight if you're online.
Can you please add me as well? If you have some time after the people above in queue~

Ouss121

01-27-2014

Quote:
Ouss121,

I'll try and hit you up later tonight if you're online.
I don't think i will sadly, But feel free to hit me up around 4-ish PM Eastern time. Thank you for taking your time to discuss this with me!
EDIT: I sent you a buddy request, feel free to accept it, and whenever you're online, we can talk about it.

Calderweiss

01-27-2014

This is what I want to do as well.
I'm currently learning coding, so I can help one of my friends who has already released a few games, and wants me to work with him.

I'd like to make some games with him, and eventually become a Game Designer at riot on the live balance team. That's my dream. I'll do what I have to to achieve my goals. I looked at the You Are: description and it felt like they were describing my personality.

I'm probably going to be working with my friend on a release(s), but I'd love for an internship if I was to show myself capable.

LightEntite

01-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave johnny View Post
My dream of course is to work at riot games.
Please god pick a better dream.

Riot probably would have been a great pick before they become popular. Now you might as well be praying to work for EA Games.

Drop this idea fast, find another company to want to work for, or better yet, dream to make your own. For your own sake, this is unhealthy.

I remember when i wanted to work for Squaresoft when i was younger. And then they became Square Enix and proceeded to crush all my dreams and they're still making terrible games to this day.

Calderweiss

01-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shinobi 93 View Post
I dont suggest aiming for Riot.

As depressing as the thought sounds, by the time you get out of college, unless Riot as developed a new game, they will be nonexistent. League simply will not travel that far on its own, as with many many games that came before it.

As a game developer in training myself in college, don't set your plans out for any particular group. Go with whoever will take your skill set. If Riot will take you, perfect, but you might not have that option.
If I don't end up with riot, I would still set out to do what I dream of doing. Also, I don't think this game is about to leave the scene.

Sufyries

01-27-2014

Good guy riot

Tundra Fizz

01-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fuzzy Nugget View Post
As someone who's already planned that part out for myself, I suggest you come up to Washington and go to DigiPen. One of the highest rated schools for what you're trying to do. People there get job offers before they even graduate (finish studies though)

They worked closely with Nintendo and Microsoft. Hell, one of the students there had the idea for the blue and orange gel in Portal 2.

But I highly recommend you do NOT plan 4+ years down the line to work for Riot. League of Legends will probably be gone by the time you graduate and there are companies like Bungie that offer much better employee benefits.

tl;dr go to college. pick a company for the benefits and not the game.
I'm actually attending DigiPen right now myself, and Riot is one of the companies that I'm planning on applying for an internship next year.

DigiPen is an excellent school and you will learn a lot, whether it be computer science, computer engineering, sound, or art.

RiotTantram, I'm really glad that you're taking time out of your schedule to talk to people about working with Riot. I'd appreciate it if you could also add and talk with me if you don't get too busy.

RiotTantram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Software Engineer

01-29-2014
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantean Fizz View Post
I'm actually attending DigiPen right now myself, and Riot is one of the companies that I'm planning on applying for an internship next year.

DigiPen is an excellent school and you will learn a lot, whether it be computer science, computer engineering, sound, or art.

RiotTantram, I'm really glad that you're taking time out of your schedule to talk to people about working with Riot. I'd appreciate it if you could also add and talk with me if you don't get too busy.
I'll try to find some time later to add the interested people in game, and talk about careers in engineering. I'm busy working on Team Builder for you guys though, so I'm pretty busy this week:-).

To all the 'why work at Riot haters' in this thread .. Riot is hands down the best place I have ever worked. I have been working as a software engineer for about 9 years. I have worked for large corporations, consulted, and worked on my own. Every day I step into the office is like a dream come true. The people I work with are top notch, there is a level of respect I have never seen in other workplaces, and everyone is focused on creating awesome things for our players.

Thing O Doom

01-29-2014

Quote:
-snip-
I've sent you a friend request, I hope to hear back if you have time c:

FMA Edward Elric

01-29-2014

I know you must be busy, but I am sending you a request, would love to chat about working at Riot. I am a college student and it is my dream to work there! Either way thank you very much for your time