Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diana x Me

Senior Member

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMalvore View Post
lol numbers
People say she does no damage late game, yet if you dash when your third auto is primed and you're full build, your auto alone does 1k damage.
Assuming 1)Lich Bane, 2) Rabadons, 3) DFG 4) Zhonyas 5) Sorcs 6)Void Staff
And AP runes/masteries
775 AP
102 AD + 631 LB procc + (250 + 465) passive proc = 1300 damage
Just on the auto.
So with the 780 damage on the Q
And the 720 damage on R

You get three lich bane procs and two passive proc with the full combo.

1300 dmg (auto1) + 780 (Q) + 720 (R)+ 733 (LB proc2 w/ AD) + 720 (R) + 675 (W) + 733 (LB proc3 w/ AD) + 715 passive procc 2 = ~5700 potential damage
That's looks like some late game damage to me. :/
It looks good on paper but try and actually get all of that off every single time. People play against you not a training dummy or bot. They can dodge. She is predictable and binary very focused on getting her reset because if you can't land q then you lose 2/3 of your damage by just using your ultimate which doesn't come back for 20 seconds. You are not going to get to your enemy every time either. They can run away. It's just this something that really needs some thought. I hate that she is kind of like akali. Riot did a poor job making her unique.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LtSmashFSP

Senior Member

03-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMalvore View Post
lol numbers
People say she does no damage late game, yet if you dash when your third auto is primed and you're full build, your auto alone does 1k damage.
Assuming 1)Lich Bane, 2) Rabadons, 3) DFG 4) Zhonyas 5) Sorcs 6)Void Staff
And AP runes/masteries
775 AP
102 AD + 631 LB procc + (250 + 465) passive proc = 1300 damage
Just on the auto.
So with the 780 damage on the Q
And the 720 damage on R

You get three lich bane procs and two passive proc with the full combo.

1300 dmg (auto1) + 780 (Q) + 720 (R)+ 733 (LB proc2 w/ AD) + 720 (R) + 675 (W) + 733 (LB proc3 w/ AD) + 715 passive procc 2 = ~5700 potential damage
That's looks like some late game damage to me. :/
You pretty much never get the full shield damage off. At least not on the target you are hopping on. Also during late game you probably wont have your passive primed so you will maybe get one passive shot off. Not to mention magic resistance is a thing. Also you can't really afford to space her combo out of Lich bane because her pull box on E is not large enough where you end up dumping all of your spells in that two second period. So if they aren't dead yet you might get a second Lich bane proc off using your non refreshed R but usually do to time constraints you only get one Lich Bane proc and one passive proc. Maybe two lich bane procs. That is assuming this is a duel and not go in on an enemy and then have to back off cuz their team is saving them or they used a gap opener and then flash too. The damage gets even lower in team fights. You managed to pull out the on paper numbers. A lot of things sound sweet on paper amigo. :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aggression

Senior Member

03-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMalvore View Post
lol numbers
People say she does no damage late game, yet if you dash when your third auto is primed and you're full build, your auto alone does 1k damage.
Assuming 1)Lich Bane, 2) Rabadons, 3) DFG 4) Zhonyas 5) Sorcs 6)Void Staff
And AP runes/masteries
775 AP
102 AD + 631 LB procc + (250 + 465) passive proc = 1300 damage
Just on the auto.
So with the 780 damage on the Q
And the 720 damage on R

You get three lich bane procs and two passive proc with the full combo.

1300 dmg (auto1) + 780 (Q) + 720 (R)+ 733 (LB proc2 w/ AD) + 720 (R) + 675 (W) + 733 (LB proc3 w/ AD) + 715 passive procc 2 = ~5700 potential damage
That's looks like some late game damage to me. :/
everyone looks like that
here's ap burst swain
AP on DFG Lich build: 488
Damage = 4412.44 + 15% max
Damage with two Procs = 5029.68

that's in four seconds with no counterplay with ranged attacks. if you jack up the AP to 775 like your example, and get 3 lich bane procs, swain does over 10k damage or something like that. btw, she can't get 3 lich bane procs and still be 'bursting' anyone, because qraa = 1, so then you have to wait 2 seconds to use w or e, lets way you w so you dont die, then e, proc, now you hourglass, okay that's been like 5 seconds, that's not burst.

building DFG does huge amounts of single target damage on every ap ever, dfg is a bad item on diana given all her options




HOWEVER the current pbe buffs on her passive might honestly be just enough to push her into viability. its been proven that saying someone was nerfed or buffed even if they weren't will change winrates and playrates, so clearly very little is actually required. putting the buff on her passive means that she gets the buff all the time, even when out of mana, which is probably one of the better places to put a little buff.

i honestly think that may be all that's needed, because her winrate is only bad in very high elo, where numbers is really the only thing that matters, since playstyle/kit is going to be used perfectly due to skill (it would be assumed)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

arthurpride

Senior Member

03-08-2014

any word on the next support i thought two were supposed to be released last year seeing as that didn't happen is there gonna be a new one soon ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lans1ing

Senior Member

03-08-2014

Bump!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmericanCyclone

Senior Member

03-08-2014

I crapped my pants


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diana x Me

Senior Member

03-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurpride View Post
any word on the next support i thought two were supposed to be released last year seeing as that didn't happen is there gonna be a new one soon ?
How does this have anything to do with Diana?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lans1ing

Senior Member

03-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent Heretic View Post
It looks good on paper but try and actually get all of that off every single time. People play against you not a training dummy or bot. They can dodge. She is predictable and binary very focused on getting her reset because if you can't land q then you lose 2/3 of your damage by just using your ultimate which doesn't come back for 20 seconds. You are not going to get to your enemy every time either. They can run away. It's just this something that really needs some thought. I hate that she is kind of like akali. Riot did a poor job making her unique.
I like your summoner name.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LtSmashFSP

Senior Member

03-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanCyclone View Post
I crapped my pants
From the injustice that happened to Diana? I don't blame you it is a pretty crappy situation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diana x Me

Senior Member

03-09-2014

^Hah, that was pretty good. But, seriously any of you Rioters have any comments, thoughts or possible updates on our moon lady?