Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maximum Jarvan

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
What?? It doesn't take a Diamond Diana main to know that if you increase the time it takes her to kill a target it's going to be a disaster unless her tankiness is dramatically buffed, then it's not Diana anymore.

Her damaging spells are Q and R which are 200 + 0.7 and 220 + 0.6 respectively, how could you possibly make them any lower? Those are the lowest values for any mage I can think of and we all know you're realistically not going to get off multiple Rs before you die. Not in any Diamond game I've ever seen anyway.

You're aiming to reduce her killing power in compensation for something you have in mind, the problem with that is that just rebalances her into different abysmal state, it doesn't sound like it changes the fact that she's worthless late game. You're making it sound like she's going to end up being a meat shield with minimal damage output. The horrifying part is that could actually work to bring up her win rate in Diamond up, and that makes me vomit, I can see it now, worthless tank Diana that relies on her team to do the damage while she dies repeatedly to peel for the carries.

TL;DR - All Diana mains are used to her being a carry and we want a carry, your plan sounds like she's going to be an initiation meat shield. That's not what we play, that's not what we want, that's not Diana. If that's your plan leave Diana as she is, we'd rather have her underpowered and worthless late game than be essentially deleted and replaced.

I wish this thread didn't exist, then the threat of Diana being deleted for a useless AP tank wouldn't exist.
I made this thread. And at this point I agree. The only upside is now if they decide to ruin her we will have seen it coming long before hand. "Diana is a tanky initiator that is outclassed by all the other initiation lockdown champions because we already used up the good ideas in that trope." The first lone of her champion spotlight after they ruin her.

rabbalian

02-03-2014

What everyone's been saying is great, but I want to bring up a point mentioned earlier about Diana not having escapes.

That's okay!

Riot, it's okay to have champions that are difficult to play and not on EZ mode all day. Her concept was an antithesis to Leona, who's a defensive tank, so they made Diana an all-in champion with burst. That's good!

If it takes knowledge of the game and familiarity with the champion I'm playing to be able to gauge when I should or shouldn't engage, then you've done a good job.

It's okay if she has no escapes because it's okay for difficulty because strategy and player reward

Diana x Me

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Jarvan View Post
I made this thread. And at this point I agree. The only upside is now if they decide to ruin her we will have seen it coming long before hand. "Diana is a tanky initiator that is outclassed by all the other initiation lockdown champions because we already used up the good ideas in that trope." The first lone of her champion spotlight after they ruin her.
Damn, this is kinda depressing. Well, cant say I dont agree. Its gonna go one way or the other. They either completely destroy everything unique about her and she becomes below subpar or they somehow go above and beyond our expectations returning her to her former glory being viable in high elo.

Maximum Jarvan

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbalian View Post
What everyone's been saying is great, but I want to bring up a point mentioned earlier about Diana not having escapes.

That's okay!

Riot, it's okay to have champions that are difficult to play and not on EZ mode all day. Her concept was an antithesis to Leona, who's a defensive tank, so they made Diana an all-in champion with burst. That's good!

If it takes knowledge of the game and familiarity with the champion I'm playing to be able to gauge when I should or shouldn't engage, then you've done a good job.

It's okay if she has escapes because it's okay for difficulty because strategy and player reward
This guy gets it!

My assassin doesn't have to be faceroll. Diana is the most fair assassin in the game by miles. You guys did a good job with her. You didn't make a bad champion. Don't make her what she is not because some people didn't like it. Please give her fans some say. Why listen to people who don't even have thirty games on her? You guys are still getting flack about Karma and that is almost a year old. Do you want another reaction like that with Diana? This is the perfect chance to prove you care how we feel especially in this time where, no offense, your PR could use a boost. Many people feel lime you are too focused on E sports and ignoring the players so show up for us Diana fans so we can show up for you.

rabbalian

02-03-2014

Sorry, but another thing, too, that I didn't think would be fair to edit in my last post since someone's already quoted it.

I always say to my friends how Diana is so fun because she has no OFF switch. You burst in, and then continue to deal 'sustain-burst' because of her passive. She's not Kassadin - don't burst her in and then pop a Zhonya's! Put up her W! Use that Nashor's Tooth with your passive and you're dealing hundreds of damage every third hit while your very short cooldowns are coming up.

Having no off switch is unique and it's a very rewarding style of gameplay.

"Let's make an assassin who is tanky."
Two years later...
"Hmm, she has an identity crisis because is she an assassin or is she tanky?"

Uhhh she's a tanky assassin! Identity crisis? How is it a crisis when it is the defining feature of her identity?! I'm sorry, but she's my favorite champion you've ever put out and I'm very passionate so excuse any snark

Maximum Jarvan

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbalian View Post
Sorry, but another thing, too, that I didn't think would be fair to edit in my last post since someone's already quoted it.

I always say to my friends how Diana is so fun because she has no OFF switch. You burst in, and then continue to deal 'sustain-burst' because of her passive. She's not Kassadin - don't burst her in and then pop a Zhonya's! Put up her W! Use that Nashor's Tooth with your passive and you're dealing hundreds of damage every third hit while your very short cooldowns are coming up.

Having no off switch is unique and it's a very rewarding style of gameplay
This guy is gonna move me to tears. He is so on the money. Diana and Jarvan are two of my favorite champions and when played aggressively they are quite relentless and I LOVE it. Not like love. Even when I play Jayce my acceleration gates are used for chasing far more than disengage. Going, to put it bluntly, balls deep on this gamee and knowing you might not come out but probably will is the most exhilarating thing and requires better understanding of the champion you are playing.

Marcopolo69

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
I still think you're misrepresenting what I've been saying a bit. At least once (and I think more) in this thread I have said I don't think she needs any dramatic changes. I think we all want a healthy and viable Diana who has fun interactive gameplay for both teams, and what I'm suggesting is that increasing the time/effort it takes to kill a target, but giving her more tools to accomplish that task, is a good way to accomplish this. Diana is a champion that should be focused on her autoattacks as well as her spells. She has that awesome moonblade and passive for a reason, and I feel that highlighting that and finding better ways to synergize her autoattacks with her spells is something that (hopefully) most Diana players would find cool.
No stop we dont think focusing on her autoattacks is cool. Seriously vesh we DONT want a ap fight thats going to suck. We like the way Diana plays. Her passive is cool but i dont want to have to be focused on it thats a stupid idea. All were saying is that she has been over nerfed and that some of the damage taken away for be put back in like the last sheild nerf but just the damage part.

Neo Cyrus

02-03-2014

Literally everyone's response has been "NOOOO!!". Will he listen? Or will he do what every Rioter does and turn a blind eye, merrily doing whatever he wants.

If she becomes auto attack reliant you KNOW she's going to be absolutely demolished by any current melee champion. Any of them. Not to mention ADCs will be able to leech back up to full life and pick her off due to her "slower" killing time. Short of making her insanely OP there is no way to make that idea work.

LISTEN TO US VESH! We not only dislike this idea, we're DISGUSTED by it, we hate it, we despise it, we think it's insane. Stop. STOP. STOP! We asked for minor buffs, not a deranged rework into something completely different. Go do something else, forget this thread exists.

Alorasence

02-03-2014

The problem is, now that he's attempted to clarify his position on Diana, we've collectivley just gotten angrier. Which means he's even less likely to comment again in reference to her balance. Which means she is even further away from buffs.

We don't agree with him. But at least he's commenting. Nobody at Riot, outside of Ironstylus, seems to give a **** about Diana's balance.

I just want to see this hugely well designed champion buffed. Just so badly. Just put it in the patch notes. Please.

She is bad. She is unplayable in high elo. This is incontrovertible. It's been so God damn long since I've been able to pick her and not feel the irritation of a pitiful laning phase, and the anorexic late game to come. I start every game. EVERY GAME. On Diana, knowing, that if I can't end it by 30 min, I will lose.

Please do something.

Some statistics for posterity:

Diana wins roughly 49% in Bronze solo Q.

Diana averages a 47% win rate across all divisions.

Diana is banned in .06% of all games played. Lowest 1/5 of champions banned.

Diana wins 43% on average of her Diamond games played.

Diana x Me

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcopolo69 View Post
No stop we dont think focusing on her autoattacks is cool. Seriously vesh we DONT want a ap fight thats going to suck. We like the way Diana plays. Her passive is cool but i dont want to have to be focused on it thats a stupid idea. All were saying is that she has been over nerfed and that some of the damage taken away for be put back in like the last sheild nerf but just the damage part.
This! Ill try to make this even easier to understand than it needs to be. A child should be able to understand this. If you still cant understand then I have lost all hope and faith. Riot you beat her to much with your unholy nerf bat and now she is crying. You want to send her to the hospital to go to surgery for extensive work and testing. What she needs is to go to the doctor for minor treatment, just a few bandaids.

I cant make this any easier to understand