Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diana x Me

02-03-2014

This is slightly off topic but still on the topic of Diana. The moon blade she wields is a sword called a Khopesh. It was used by the ancient Egyptians till around 1300-1350 B.C. although her version is heavily modified having a much larger blade. It was used to disarm or get rid of an enemy's shield.

Or it could be considered a Shotel which was used in ancient Ethiopia or Abyssinia.

Coldmanj

02-03-2014

This subject has popped into my mind multiple times the past few days. While I wouldnt go as far as to say this is what needs to be done, but perhaps the change to her style is that when she ults to someone who is marked her next attack will be empowered while jumping to someone that isnt will make it a normal attack. this would have to come with a damage reduction of her ult right now.

this solution would definitely promote more auto attacking over simply spamming your spells.

there are obviously other options for the solution as well. rather than refreshing the cooldown completely when ulting to a marked target have it reduced to 1.5 seconds until she can use her ult again.

nightnday13

02-03-2014

What if you gave her the passive to get her third hit passive (moon blade) after using an ability or something like that?

Ziodyne

02-03-2014

Imo, a good idea would be to rework her shield to where it has aoe kind of like sunfire cape. There's counterplay(destroying the shield), and it adds to her sustained damage.

Alorasence

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldmanj View Post
This subject has popped into my mind multiple times the past few days. While I wouldnt go as far as to say this is what needs to be done, but perhaps the change to her style is that when she ults to someone who is marked her next attack will be empowered while jumping to someone that isnt will make it a normal attack. this would have to come with a damage reduction of her ult right now.

this solution would definitely promote more auto attacking over simply spamming your spells.

there are obviously other options for the solution as well. rather than refreshing the cooldown completely when ulting to a marked target have it reduced to 1.5 seconds until she can use her ult again.

You don't know what you are talking about. Diana is terrible right now and you are proposing nerfs.

Diana x Me

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
I suppose what many players are concerned with is that you're not going to accomplish the goal due to potential misconceptions.

Like: You haven't told us what tools you're considering giving her.

So it's a really nebulous and fearful time for her players.

"Is Vesh just going to reduce her damage, but keep her mostly the same, and she's going to be this really weak littleriven who can't burst people and gets CCed and dies while trying to autoattack them?"
Im honestly scared she is just going to get butchered and*left to gather dust due to being unplayable.

Alorasence

02-03-2014

Vesh, would you briefly explain why you think her passive is such an essential element of her playstyle? I don't think I fully understand how her third auto attack is what we should be enforcing. When people think Diana they don't think "God I hope I don't get hit by that third auto attack."

Are you aware that most people don't actually get a level in Moonfall until level 8 or later?

For the record, I don't want her mechanically changed. But if you are going to alter something, maybe you should alter the ability that is so nerfed that people don't actually put a point in it.

Diana x Me

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alorasence View Post
Vesh, would you briefly explain why you think her passive is such an essential element of her playstyle? I don't think I fully understand how her third auto attack is what we should be enforcing. When people think Diana they don't think "God I hope I don't get hit by that third auto attack."

Are you aware that most people don't actually get a level in Moonfall until level 8 or later?

For the record, I don't want her mechanically changed. But if you are going to alter something, maybe you should alter the ability that is so nerfed that people don't actually put a point in it.
Exactly. She just needs smalls changes. E is certainly a good place to start.

FiestaSalsa

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
I still think you're misrepresenting what I've been saying a bit. At least once (and I think more) in this thread I have said I don't think she needs any dramatic changes. I think we all want a healthy and viable Diana who has fun interactive gameplay for both teams, and what I'm suggesting is that increasing the time/effort it takes to kill a target, but giving her more tools to accomplish that task, is a good way to accomplish this. Diana is a champion that should be focused on her autoattacks as well as her spells. She has that awesome moonblade and passive for a reason, and I feel that highlighting that and finding better ways to synergize her autoattacks with her spells is something that (hopefully) most Diana players would find cool.
Tinker around with having her 3rd autoattack apply Moonlight! Or OR OR that AND all of her spells (except ult) apply Moonlight, and then significantly lower the damage on her ult. Or would that be too much like Katarina with rapid fire blinking...

Diana x Me

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestaSalsa View Post
Tinker around with having her 3rd autoattack apply Moonlight! Or OR OR that AND all of her spells (except ult) apply Moonlight, and then significantly lower the damage on her ult. Or would that be too much like Katarina with rapid fire blinking...
I like the idea about additionally applying moonlight every third strike.