Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quartzmonkey

02-01-2014

Leave Diana alone, damnit.

She's been my favorite since her release. I've enjoyed her through being overpowered to being gutted. She's fine now. I like that she's a tanky burst diver. Her real strength comes in late game, like some other carries.

The idea that she is "in between roles" being tanky and assassin-y... is what makes people like her. She's not the best at either, but she can do enough of both to be a solid and interesting choice.

Please, just let her go and focus on other champs that need help more.

Maximum Jarvan

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartzmonkey View Post
Leave Diana alone, damnit.

She's been my favorite since her release. I've enjoyed her through being overpowered to being gutted. She's fine now. I like that she's a tanky burst diver. Her real strength comes in late game, like some other carries.

The idea that she is "in between roles" being tanky and assassin-y... is what makes people like her. She's not the best at either, but she can do enough of both to be a solid and interesting choice.

Please, just let her go and focus on other champs that need help more.
Honestly I would rather her stay under tuned then have her turned into this bizzare AP fighter thing people want. It hasn't existed in over five years because it does not work. Holy Hell people. You think Riot didn't consider the idea at some point. They just realized AD is better for that and without breaking the champion it would not be viable and thus a waste if resources.

you lovemee

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Jarvan View Post
Honestly I would rather her stay under tuned then have her turned into this bizzare AP fighter thing people want. It hasn't existed in over five years because it does not work. Holy Hell people. You think Riot didn't consider the idea at some point. They just realized AD is better for that and without breaking the champion it would not be viable and thus a waste if resources.
Maybe Riot has to focus on fixing the entire bruiser class before focus on Diana. I don't even see Diana in my games that often

Chimpyy

02-01-2014

Diana has no problems. shes a hit or miss champ simple as that. if u get fed during laning, you do well the rest of the game. build nashors tooth and rylais first, then go for rabadons and lich bane. the goal with diana is to have some health and lots of ap. you stay tanky enough to stay in a fight the whole time, with all your damage coming from your passive. it works so well, and a change really isnt necessary.

Abel9210

02-01-2014

X-posting a post from an EU player on RoG:

Quote:

"Hi Vesh,

PS. If someone can post this on NA forum on the official thread id be very delighted thanks.

Hope you are reading this as I can not post on NA since im an EU player. I personally main and love diana as a champion, it makes the games for me way more enjoyable. But straight to the topic.

I have tried diana as a fighter, and personally I did not do that bad, actually pretty good. This is what i have been testing on her as a fighter http://i.imgur.com/VrtImbz.jpg . I'd usually never get a rod of ages on diana, But since I play fighter diana on top lane, and Its basically a sustain war atm, I find the mana and health, especially when leveling very usefull.

The main problem with diana right now is that she will either be so ahead enemy can not do anything about it, or she is so behind that she is basically out of the game. There is no middle way. Maybe you can try and personally test these proposed changes for a fighter diana.

Autoattack range increased to 175

Her Moonfall[e] Should be slightly higher range, AND it her slow is higher at early and late ranks, but it should be a 3 second slow that decreases the longer the slow continues, Example 70% slow at rank 5, during the first second 70% slow and by the time its on the 2nd second its being reduced to 50% slow.

Reduce her r cooldown, so she is does not rely on her q that much, but she still gets rewarded for hitting a skill shot, which truth be told has a fairly slow movement speed and can be dashed quite easily especially in this meta.

You can also make her fighting more rewarding maybe, buffing her passive and w, but nerfing her q and r as a compensation.

Thanks teamemb99.

PS. If someone can post this on NA forum on the official thread id be very delighted thanks."

Maximum Jarvan

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpyy View Post
Diana has no problems. shes a hit or miss champ simple as that. if u get fed during laning, you do well the rest of the game. build nashors tooth and rylais first, then go for rabadons and lich bane. the goal with diana is to have some health and lots of ap. you stay tanky enough to stay in a fight the whole time, with all your damage coming from your passive. it works so well, and a change really isnt necessary.
No champion should be that reliant on their passive. Not to mention the health from Rylai's is kind of negligible and not exactly the EST build party for mid lane. J could see rushing Nashor's in lane. That is your view of Diana which if you read many of the people in the thread don't necessarily feel the same way. She didn't need the second set of nerfs and when pro players that are famous for playing a champion say she is weak it might just be time for buffs.

Maximum Jarvan

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by you lovemee View Post
Maybe Riot has to focus on fixing the entire bruiser class before focus on Diana. I don't even see Diana in my games that often
Then maybe they shouldn't have the goal of putting her into a broken class.

GiantNooblord

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
Anyone who wants a bruiser should go play a bruiser, turning Diana into one is insanity. Why not turn Ashe into a bruiser while you're at it? Nasus? He should be a squishy all-in mage. LeBlanc should be a tank and Mundo a long range ADC.

Seriously, cut the ****.
Except that her kit is already very bruiserish and it even supports that playstyle.
Currently she can work as well as a bruiser as an assasin.

Maximum Jarvan

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantNooblord View Post
Except that her kit is already very bruiserish and it even supports that playstyle.
Currently she can work as well as a bruiser as an assasin.
Butbare there more assassins or bruisers in the game? We already have various Ap initiation chmpions ak there goes that niche. I would love to see dive comps be more than just zed or Kha from the midland. The reality is there are enough hruisers in the game that fill the niche she would be put into as one. As an assins she has that all in do or die mentality which is actually din when executed properly. Just because people don't enjoy it when it goes wrong doesn't mean it is bad. If you do stuff wrong in this game there is a penalty. That is how games with winning and losing work. Explain why she shouldn't be an assassin which is what her primary playstyle is. Even jungle as done by Nightblue is a glass cannon because contest to popular belief Hourglass is not a tank item.

GiantNooblord

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Jarvan View Post
TBH, the first time I read Diana's kit, I thought she was a bruiser and not an assasin.
But that's just me on my first days of league.

Also why on earth are you saying that AP bruisers are abominations?

We have AP Jax, and he is a great example that it is possible. He only isn't viable because he needs stats on items to see his ratios on his whole kit begin to do their magic, while AD he can begin to do his job much earlier due to the nature of autoattacks. (He would be AP if his kit didn't had any AD scalings and his early base values were a little bit larger, but that's another story).

All you need to make an AP bruiser work is:
*Sustained Damage.
Doesn't need to be auto attacks, an ability on a low cooldown/toggle also works.
In Diana's case, her passive, shield and passive already offer some sustained DPS.
*Innate tankiness.
Diana already has her shield.

Also, she already has way to stick to their targets in her kit.

*Good dueling potential.
which already comes when you have sustained DPS and tankiness, but dueling abilities like Counter Strike, Wither and blinds can make any champion outduel most of the best duelists in this game. (I'm not saying we need to give something like that to Diana, just that it's easy to make an AP champion a good duelist).