Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argent Heretic

Senior Member

01-31-2014

I say this time and time again. I suggest reverting the last set of nerfs or pieces of them and test this out on the pbe. If things still dont look good revert the whole last set of nerfs and again see what happens. I mean I dont mind putting ideas out but,I love the original Diana and I dont want to change her kit or destroy what makes her unique. I dont want an AP Bruiser Diana, I just want Diana. She needs a few minor buffs not a major rework or overhaul. I think alot of other people feel the same way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katasumai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-31-2014

I think Diana's fine how she is right now. I don't see any problems really at all.

Edit: Not sure why the downvotes, yah changes can be made to a champion but if you make too many changes you lose the feel of what the champion really is ment to be.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maximum Jarvan

Senior Member

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxReeboBand View Post
I say this time and time again. I suggest reverting the last set of nerfs or pieces of them and test this out on the pbe. If things still dont look good revert the whole last set of nerfs and again see what happens. I mean I dont mind putting ideas out but,I love the original Diana and I dont want to change her kit or destroy what makes her unique. I dont want an AP Bruiser Diana, I just want Diana. She needs a few minor buffs not a major rework or overhaul. I think alot of other people feel the same way.
This would be perfect but I don't see it happening sadly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pvt Poncho

Member

01-31-2014

careful what you wish for. I mained ziggs eons before he was OP and he was fun and balanced. I came on GD and asked for some buffs. Now look, he's probably going to get nerfed into unplayable land.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lesbian Diana

Senior Member

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Well what does happen after that point?

Tank goes in, Diana finds a Caitlyn and R's her.

When Riven does that, Caitlyn dies instantly.

When Renekton does that, he's got a Sunfire Cape.

If Diana needs to hit Q first to do anything, Kha'Zix is better than her.

If Diana builds offensive items, but doesn't instant kill, Riven is better than her.

Jax is actually a tanky assassin himself. He Q, AA, W, AA, Thump, Stun, etc. He doesn't need skillshots, and can 100% dodge/tankult if he wants.

So you have a request Vesh, and that seems to be: Melee, Offensive Items, Not-assassin-level-burst, No Tank Items.

That means she needs better than 100% dodge and +45 resists. Much better.
going to qft


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neo Cyrus

Senior Member

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt Poncho View Post
careful what you wish for. I mained ziggs eons before he was OP and he was fun and balanced. I came on GD and asked for some buffs. Now look, he's probably going to get nerfed into unplayable land.
He's not even getting a slap to the wrist. The only thing that's going through so far is that the buffs to his minefield doing full damage every hit to minions is being reverted. That's it. He'll still be game breaking OP.

What I fear is her becoming popular and actually being banned once in a while in ranked. It's nice having a champ no one ever bans or even knows how to trade with because it's so rare to see it. That's changing with the release of the new skin, which Parrot refuses to discuss.

What I fear most is her style being changed. I hate the thought of her being turned into some sort of AP bruiser. AP bruisers suck.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tortferngatr

Senior Member

01-31-2014

Spitballing question: What about taking the approach of making Diana more of an AP melee carry, reducing her assassination capabilities but making her able to put dents in tanks and squishies alike?

I've often thought about an earth character levelling all enemies equally--Diana's self-immolating martyr playstyle seems to be good for similar.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neo Cyrus

Senior Member

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortferngatr View Post
Spitballing question: What about taking the approach of making Diana more of an AP melee carry, reducing her assassination capabilities but making her able to put dents in tanks and squishies alike?
That sounds like a balance nightmare waiting to happen.

Am I the only one who sees that Diana doesn't need sweeping changes? She doesn't need a kit rework and I hope it never happens. She needs minor buffs and QoL changes.

Edit: I forgot to give an example. Moonlight on minions not disappearing when her ult is used on a champion would be a good example. Moonlight being individual on minions. That way she could jump between them like Yasuo or Akali. Except she actually has mana to manage unlike those two.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lans1ing

Senior Member

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
That sounds like a balance nightmare waiting to happen.

Am I the only one who sees that Diana doesn't need sweeping changes? She doesn't need a kit rework and I hope it never happens. She needs minor buffs and QoL changes.
I have been saying that on this and the other threads as well again and again that she only needs minor buffs and she'll be fine. But Vesh, Morello and the some of the community members keep bringing up what they can do to change her kit into a AP Bruiser. The Diana mains like us are just not getting any attention and no one is listening to our feedback. Instead everyone is on the bandwagon of changing her kit into something all of us Diana players don't want. So frustrating.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lesbian Diana

Senior Member

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
He's not even getting a slap to the wrist. The only thing that's going through so far is that the buffs to his minefield doing full damage every hit to minions is being reverted. That's it. He'll still be game breaking OP.

What I fear is her becoming popular and actually being banned once in a while in ranked. It's nice having a champ no one ever bans or even knows how to trade with because it's so rare to see it. That's changing with the release of the new skin, which Parrot refuses to discuss.

What I fear most is her style being changed. I hate the thought of her being turned into some sort of AP bruiser. AP bruisers suck.

on release she was described as a champion that has decent but mild aoe for clearing the jungle and has the playstyle of a relentless killer who jumps to a target kills them in a short fight then jumps to the next

that sounds exactly like kha'zix, why aren't we reworking him? he has a very, very low cooldown DPS spell on his q, some inbuilt healing, and can get damage reduction on his ult. they need to remove the resets on his evolved E, because kha'zix has an identity crisis. Do you build him tanky with penetration and cooldowns so he is a fighter? because its bad that he can build hydra lw bc and assassinate people. if kha'zix beats you using that, its really not fun so he shouldn't be able to do that


(sarcasm, but this is the exact same argument used for why diana shouldn't be able to assassinate with qwrr passive)

diana has one of the lowest burst damages in the game if she doesn't use double R. if she does she still does less than other assassins, but since she's ap she can build lich bane and dfg to easily make up for this.

however if she uses double R she has no way to get out. this is a perfectly fine tradeoff. she can easily set up an escape by Ring to a minion or QR to a jungle camp, this requires thought and good playing/positioning and makes her more fun to play. other assassins have easier escapes (zed, kha) and some don't (talon, akali).

you keep going back to "identity crisis, is she an assassin or a fighter with engage, omg what does she do after she dives in"

that's a huge generalization. there are lots of things she could do depending on her items and who she's jumping on, and that's healthy for the game. You can build hourglass and dive into 5 people, moonfall them, and stall for a very long 2.5s while your team begins to fight. If there are still enough alive to burst you down after the hourglass ends you didn't play it right because you just slowed everyone by a large amount and grouped them together.

maybe she's just using instant RE to catch someone out. then it doesn't matter, she just uses W and aa's to fight them and kill them since they were low or her team is trying to line up skillshots.

if she's diving a carry in a fight like an assassin then she should 100-0 them without being focused because any assassin has to jump at the carry and kill them without being focused or they die (unless it's zed with fast fingers who can do that in the middle of a team fight and just hit R again)

so its like you think its a problem that she can't dive a team 1v5 and then fight them all. if she's diving a 5 man team but has 4 people with her and the adc is coming up safely, there's no reason she should instantly die due to the ~300hp from the sheild and building somewhat tanky, just hourglass and abyssal. if she does it means their burst damage was used on her and not the carry or whatever. if you get focused you SHOULD die if you're not a tank.

so I don't know what the problem is with her kit other than slight number weakness. She's most fun to play as an assassin, and every assassin has some kind of DPS capabilities. AD assassins can auto attack with lifesteal, so ap assassins should get some passive to make up for this. akali gets this with her passive bonus magic dmg and spellvamp, diana gets this with her moonsilver blade. ad assassins get lifesteal or self healing, akali gets spellvamp for free and builds it, diana gets a sheild.

the problem is you don't even really know at Riot what a "fighter" even is, and now you want to make diana into that for some reason. Everyone wants to play assassin diana, and the fact that she has an AA scaling passive doesn't change that.

stop ignoring my posts please.