Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFrozenIsles

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katasumai View Post
But the fall off is if you die immedietly you're nothing to your team.

I used to build so much MR shred that I did this.

RoA
Sorc Boots
Void Staff
Deathcap
Abysall Scepter
(The item that used to shred MR and deal bonus magic damage on AA's)

that was the build and would shred but I found lately that a bruiser based Diana can last longer and still dish out a ton of damage.
This is why I never ever play glass canon. I just hate the idea of being kill in one burst. I dont care if I can do it as well the idea of be two or one shot because I took a spear or barrel or raw power to the face is just no fun in my book or to the other side as well. I dont think any one like to be killed in one or two shots.

Maximum Jarvan

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrozenIsles View Post
This is why I never ever play glass canon. I just hate the idea of being kill in one burst. I dont care if I can do it as well the idea of be two or one shot because I took a spear or barrel or raw power to the face is just no fun in my book or to the other side as well. I dont think any one like to be killed in one or two shots.
I honestly don't have that issue but that may be because I play that way and as such am better at knowing when I won't be punished for it. No offense I just mean that it could be a play style thing that leads to our different vies and how well we play those ways. For example I am terrible at the super passive play style champions. When I farm with Q I try to also get harass every time.

Neo Cyrus

01-31-2014

Quote:
The problem with building tanky is that often you won't have the power to kill squat and you'll end up in the middle of a team fight and not be able to take out even one target before dying despite being "tanky" due to your build. It's often more useful to be able to kill their ADC than to do some damage to the ADC who then escapes then a bit to one other target.

You're much better off building glass. Especially for laning phase, don't give them a chance to exchange damage just push them out of lane. That is unless you consider Zhonyas and Abyssal tank items, but the reality is you'll be intsa-gibbed even with those... while being a level up. Especially if it's something like Gragas who has 285 + 0.9 AP and 450 + 1.0 AP just between his Q and R.

irott

01-31-2014

Quote:
Leona is all in but with bringing control and peace AKA CC. Diana is all in bringing death because she is of the join or die mentality. Standing around with DPS seems more like potential negotiations than join me or die. Leona subjugates people to the sun with her stuns and by immoblizing. Diana just kills you for disagreeing.

Make sense?

It is not that I think Diana is a terrible person and crazy but I don't think she is at the point where she is gonna negotiate either. DPS is kind of like I am eventually going to kill you and Diana is just going to do it.(AKA burst damage) Know what I mean?
I agree, I just wanted to point out why she has the kit she has. How she uses that kit is what we are all discussing.

I would be happy if she could be both, either a fighter or an assassin. Something along the lines of rengar.

Change her shield to scale off two stats each one providing a different utility.
Just as an example: AP scaling increases movement speed while the shield is active (giving her an escape method for being an assassin), while on the other hand building health would increase the actual size of the shield making her into more of a fighter.

Granted not the best example as you can build both AP and health, but it is just the general idea that matters.

Actor

01-31-2014

So, like most people in this thread I have some ideas for some potential fixes to Diana. She's my favorite champion in the game and if I could help at all towards developing a bright future for such an amazing character it would be great.

These are some changes I think could give Diana some more solid gameplay:

Her Crescent Strike restores some mana to her if it makes contact with an enemy champion. This allows a bit more sustain for Diana which is something she lacks in her laning phase, makes her less blue reliant, and allows her to stay in a fight longer. (I feel like this change could apply to bother Fighter and Assassin Diana)

Her W could be changed to what is now her ultimate, but with less damage and consumes moonlight to slow the enemy. Activating this ability on an enemy without moonlight reduces the amount of damage that it does. Basically this makes it so that Q-W-W wouldnt be this big early game burst, but rather a mana heavy poke/burst, similar to akali using her Q-E. This would give Diana a fairly strong early game with some mobility.

Her E could probably stay the same. This slow/knock-up combined with the slow from her Q-W combo would give her enough cc to setup a gank for the jungler and/or allow her to stick to a tankier opponent so that she could have a better chance to proc her passive.

Her new ultimate could be something similar to Leona's ultimate and would give her an opportunity to either get out with it or initiate with it. Diana casts down a beam of moonlight similar to Leona's sunray and deals AOE damage. After a short delay, Diana can re-activate the ability to dash to that location instantly, dealing a small amount of damage to each enemy hit in a straight line between her starting location and the location of her ultimate. The counterplay that this ultimate offers is that it now gives away Diana's intentions. She can activate it and then choose to go in or simply let the opponent think she is so that they can prepare for her attempted assassination. She could also attempt to burst a squishy target down with her Q-W-W and passive and then dash out with her ultimate and then still have the option to fight with her Q-W-W afterwards. She would be a highly mobile champion but because her main mode of escape or engage lies in her ultimate, she has to be much more cautious. This also gives diana a means of escaping sticky situations from ganks or being caught out in a dragon or baron fight.

Her Q-W-W wouldnt necessarily burst a target from 100-0, however if a skilled Diana player were to go in with her Passive ready to proc, then maybe a Q-W-W-Passive-Ignite could be the means to kill someone. Because of the reduction in damage from the second W, her kill potential early wouldnt be all that high, but it would at least allow her to trade with lane bullies like gragas or zed.

In teamfights, Diana would be able to jump to the backline with either her ultimate (which is a skill shot like malphite except with a slight delay) or her Q-W combo which allow to burst a target out of the fight but maybe not completely kill them. It just gives Diana options in which to burst someone completely or she save some of her mobility to go in, do damage, get out, and then wait to go back in.

Rough concepts, but I definitely think this would allow Diana to feel like this assassin that will come at you full force but is as elusive as the moon and night. It improves the quality of her laning phase and it defeats the "tanky" aspect of her while still leaving her all-in potential the same and giving her a way out. I think these changes could maybe be some things to consider.

ICantNameMe

01-31-2014

If Diana's QRR is a problem, can't you just change it so that her R resets to a 2s cd instead of full reset after proccing moonlight. Now her ult has counterplay and you can buff her shield or something.

TheFrozenIsles

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
The problem with building tanky is that often you won't have the power to kill squat and you'll end up in the middle of a team fight and not be able to take out even one target before dying despite being "tanky" due to your build. It's often more useful to be able to kill their ADC than to do some damage to the ADC who then escapes then a bit to one other target.

You're much better off building glass. Especially for laning phase, don't give them a chance to exchange damage just push them out of lane. That is unless you consider Zhonyas and Abyssal tank items, but the reality is you'll be intsa-gibbed even with those... while being a level up. Especially if it's something like Gragas who has 285 + 0.9 AP and 450 + 1.0 AP just between his Q and R.
First thing first. Yes I do see Zhonyas and Abyssal as tank items. They make you harder to kill and make the other team force on you(no one whats some one in the middle of their team taking away 20 MR if the other team is very heave magic damage.) Second I dont think you should use Gragas as a point right now as I now Riot has been looking at him of late. So he very likely be change as well. Not that I dont see your point. I'm just saying using some like Ziggs or LeBlanc work better for me.

AwsmDevil

01-31-2014

Man, I don't know what it is about this thread but you people HATE Nashor's Tooth on her. When ever I jungle with her that's a core item without question.

I agree with Vesh though. I like what Diana's kit can do right now, it just needs to be adjusted.

Maximum Jarvan

01-31-2014

Quote:
First thing first. Yes I do see Zhonyas and Abyssal as tank items. They make you harder to kill and make the other team force on you(no one whats some one in the middle of their team taking away 20 MR if the other team is very heave magic damage.) Second I dont think you should use Gragas as a point right now as I now Riot has been looking at him of late. So he very likely be change as well. Not that I dont see your point. I'm just saying using some like Ziggs or LeBlanc work better for me.
Is grail a tank item to you too?

Aquus Solmene

01-31-2014

Dont nerf her shield >.>