Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spacedevil

01-31-2014

The one thing I have always found dumb about her is that her passive gives her attack speed, but she has **** tier base attack speed. I feel like this was done to prevent bruiser builds. If her passive didn't give her 20% attack speed bu she had Jax's base value she would actually be better with a Nashor's Tooth than she currently is.

I think the AP bruiser idea is weak for Diana's kit and lore. But her niche could be redifined as more of an AP anti-carry I guess. Not as bursty as an assassin, but she'll relentless chase down your carries and kill them pretty quickly. Maybe make her shield still scale with AP, but give it the Jarvan treatment where it's base goes up based on the number of nearby enemies. Or, the cooldown on shield is decreased for each enemy champion pulled in by Moonfall.

I don't think her numbers should be changed to make her a good midline bruiser. She should lose duels to Jax/Udyr/Nasus etc but dumpster squishies. It fits her look and lore imo.

TheFrozenIsles

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katasumai View Post
I don't really build a whole ton of AP items and make her squishy. I play her like an AP Elise would be played. Honestly before that I played her as MR Shredder before the changes to a couple items and removal of an item.

I've not tried building Lich Bane though It'd be something I would try out honestly, it's a good item if you hit R then AA them.

I was playing Mid Lane ranked versus a Fizz. Easy Match up harass with Q force down his playful trickster, all in and kill.

How I decided to build was not to rush Deathcap at all but to build in way that could sustain against him while reducing his MR but still have a good amount of damage.

My resulting build was this.

Sorc Boots
Deathcap
Zhonya's Hourglass
Frozenheart (because the Armor against AD's is nice, gives you mana and ontop of that in a fight you can slow the adc you jump on.)
Abyssal Scepter (gives you a good amount of MR while reducing the enemies a little bit).

My last item was going for GA but I feel the last item is situational, often I would either build a Void Staff, Athene's Grail, Wits End or Banshee's Veil but heck I think I might throw in the Lich Bane from now on. I used to build Rod of Ages on her for the Health, AP and Mana it would provide making giving her more mana pool and more health.

This are the same items I build on her as well. I dont see how any one can play her with out tanky items like this.I have try Lick Bane as well but I never like it that much on her. I like it more on range AA champs. All so I never like it to much on champes that have to combo their abilities but that is just me.

Maximum Jarvan

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrozenIsles View Post
This are the same items I build on her as well. I dont see how any one can play her with out tanky items like this.I have try Lick Bane as well but I never like it that much on her. I like it more on range AA champs. All so I never like it to much on champes that have to combo their abilities but that is just me.
My full build is Lich Bane, Death Cap, abyssal scepter, hourglass, Void staff and Sorc boots. You rely on resistances and your shied for survivabilty. It is very powerful especially if you run magic pen reds. Once you are on them you take away so much magic resist and any magic damage your team deals is buffed. Glass cannon Diana shreds. If they have no magic damage then Crystal Scepter and DFG are looked into instead.

Katasumai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrozenIsles View Post
See I like Lich Bane on the more burst style mages that can utilize it by ranged AA as well.

I've built this on Ziggs, Karma, Kennen, like people who utilizes more of the need for an AA poke.

Lich Bane works so well with Ziggs Q but for Diana to combo with her passive you pretty much have to go AA > AA > Q > AA which is a little more than Ziggs, Q > AA. Or Kennen Q > AA. Or Karma R + Q > AA.

Even Fizz utilizes it better with the Dive and AA or so (I don't play him).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Jarvan View Post
Yeah I do hourglass Lichbane usually for rush items. Your mid game is usually strong if you do that. Lich bane is really strong her because the second proc and her passive tend to come up at the same time and is a guaranteed kill considering the 1.43AP ratio it has if chained together properly and you have the spell blade mastery.
I feel she's more of a Fighter than need to be an Assassin, sure she can stick to her targets and that's great her Ult is powerful but I feel you don't really need it if doing so right. Heck if they had people who uses health regen I would build Morellonomicon over the Lichbane for the fact her Passive is AP based and will reduce the healing.

Katasumai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2014

Quote:
My full build is Lich Bane, Death Cap, abyssal scepter, hourglass, Void staff and Sorc boots. You rely on resistances and your shied for survivabilty. It is very powerful especially if you run magic pen reds. Once you are on them you take away so much magic resist and any magic damage your team deals is buffed. Glass cannon Diana shreds. If they have no magic damage then Crystal Scepter and DFG are looked into instead.
But the fall off is if you die immedietly you're nothing to your team.

I used to build so much MR shred that I did this.

RoA
Sorc Boots
Void Staff
Deathcap
Abysall Scepter
(The item that used to shred MR and deal bonus magic damage on AA's)

that was the build and would shred but I found lately that a bruiser based Diana can last longer and still dish out a ton of damage.

Maximum Jarvan

01-31-2014

Quote:
See I like Lich Bane on the more burst style mages that can utilize it by ranged AA as well.

I've built this on Ziggs, Karma, Kennen, like people who utilizes more of the need for an AA poke.

Lich Bane works so well with Ziggs Q but for Diana to combo with her passive you pretty much have to go AA > AA > Q > AA which is a little more than Ziggs, Q > AA. Or Kennen Q > AA. Or Karma R + Q > AA.

Even Fizz utilizes it better with the Dive and AA or so (I don't play him).

I feel she's more of a Fighter than need to be an Assassin, sure she can stick to her targets and that's great her Ult is powerful but I feel you don't really need it if doing so right. Heck if they had people who uses health regen I would build Morellonomicon over the Lichbane for the fact her Passive is AP based and will reduce the healing.
Sure if Ibwas going against a Mundo I would build that but otherwise I see no reason to not go for front end burst. Liandries can actually be strong on her too.

Edit: Let me be clear I am speaking in the"ideal" situation. Some games I only t2 boots hourglass abyasal and Cap. Obviously if I need more durabilty I will build it. However I am a very roam intensive playr so I tend to make it so other lanes get ahead if I am on Diana as well So I get to be squishy by making it so no matter what the enemy dies I hourglass and my team follows up because without thinking about it they have come to trust me.

Katasumai

01-31-2014

Quote:
Sure if I was going against a Mundo I would build that but otherwise I see no reason to not go for front end burst. Liandries can actually be strong on her too.
Yes of course if but it would good for that even if you weren't in lane against them and they are out healing and such it would be good.

Though I feel proud I took on Sion 1v1 last night without Morellonomicon (he was beating Trynd in lane) and took him down. LOL

Cuix

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
Okay, then let's talk about Iron Stylus's vision for her and how that guided her kit's design. Diana is troubled, to put it mildly, and the self-destructive risk of her play grew out of the almost apathetic view she has of the world in general. I don't remember his exact words, so forgive me if I mess up a couple of points, but the idea of her being an assassin/fighter is actually kind of the point. But, of course, that's toxic, so there needs to be a way to preserve the feeling of "go in, don't expect to get out, make them suffer" without keeping the "hit Q, thing dies, now walk off" reality of her current tuning. I have a few ideas:

1. Lower the base damage of Q, let it do more damage to minions. That way, she doesn't have a strong poke game or 2-button kill combo, but she can push her lane decently well to go roam. Also allowing her to clear monsters quickly would accomplish similar goals.

2. Lower the cooldown for her vacuum. Buffing her main disruption ability will allow her to stick to targets, encourage her to remain close to multiple enemies, allow more procs of her passive, ease the need for an initial burst, and lean her heavily towards "fighter" as opposed to "assassin".

3. Lower the cooldown of her shield, its minimum damage, its minimum shield amount, and the speed at which all three spheres trigger (e.g. lower the speed of their orbiting). Basically, allow her to maintain solid DPS and tankiness if she stays surrounded by enemies, but knock off a lot of the initial easy burst damage.

4. Flatten the cooldown on her ult, increase the range by a bit, and slightly lower its damage. Basically, give her a more consistent "just go in now" button that has more room to become a "go in and poof" button when someone doesn't play her correctly.

5. Increase her base attack speed, increase the range and ratio on her passive. She needs to keep her incentive to build AP, since that's what makes her squishy outside of well-handled teamfights, and she is primarily about light disruption and solid consistent damage.

What would also be really great is having Iron come in here and talk for a bit about what his original vision was for Diana, and what play pattern he would consider to be ideal. Leona, for instance, has a really strong character that completely comes through in her playstyle. Diana should have that.

Maximum Jarvan

01-31-2014

Quote:
Yes of course if but it would good for that even if you weren't in lane against them and they are out healing and such it would be good.

Though I feel proud I took on Sion 1v1 last night without Morellonomicon (he was beating Trynd in lane) and took him down. LOL
Wow you have every right to be proud. And I do build for ther lanes they just aren't necessarily what items one and two are about depending on how long lane phase goes.

Katasumai

01-31-2014

Quote:
Wow you have every right to be proud. And I do build for ther lanes they just aren't necessarily what items one and two are about depending on how long lane phase goes.
I don't play Diana often,

but when I do,

I kill a Sion.