Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sonimus

Recruiter

01-31-2014

What are your thoughts on allowing moonfall to apply the moonlight debuff? its a small change, yet it would make the champion so much more dynamic in fighting. This increases her combo lethality, but also gives her the chance to akali ult out if things get rough, since she got the reset from e
For the dedicated diana players they will so many more options to execute a fight creating much more exciting ways to play diana while still keeping to the theme of her kit.

Argent Heretic

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Jarvan View Post
I'm not going to lie. I am highly disappointed that you are forcing the fighter change. This wierd desire of an AP bruiser makes no real sense to me but whatever. Her passive is not what I find to be the most defining thing to her. It was always the QR then the pull lastly the shield and the passive kind of just felt like a last hit mechanism. I feel like after these changes Ibwont even get to enjoy my favorite champion anymore which really sucks. I am especially worried you are going to push her too far into that realm of tanky bruiser and just alter her into a tanky Kayle that can't carry a game anymore.

I don't even see the point in playing the game if all of my favorite champs will be ruined for me. Xyph wanted to rework Jayce and that was just gonna make him completely weak where no matter how much I like him I don't see why I would pick him with the changes he proposed. Jarvan hasn't been changed but with the the fighter rework I wouldn't be surprised if he got adjusted as well.

I am not looking forward to fighter Diana because I don't even see how she is this tank everyone is talking about but I guess Inshould just give up. Luckily I am already used to major disappointments in the things I care about.

Also, Ironstylus never gave us a Diana picture for this thread.
I feel ya, im a little hurt about the changes to but I enjoy the theme and character design the most and the changes wont stop me from doing what I enjoy. I just hope she is still able to carry. As for assassins and stuff, try out Talon. He is so much fun if you get fed.

Maximum Jarvan

01-31-2014

Also can we please stop using how the receiving end "feels" to justify turning her into a fighter? In general can we explain why burst is so terrible? Some champs use burst some DPS. Some use a combination of the two. Jarvan with a frozen fist and hydra will burst your Carey to half health and then use DPS the further lower him

Jo matter what losing in solo queue feels like BS. If we look at it this way and say one person secides every game then 90% of your losses are caused by someone on your team being bad the enemy team having a really good player. The reason why Diana burst might "feel" like BS is because she is so rarely picked I wouldn't be surprised if some people didn't even know how she works. So they see her have one good game and then she is bad and toxic because people don't see enough bad Diana's. Now the same thing happens when a champion gets popular. A bunch of people play it but the guys who had been playing it are doing really well on the champion and the people who rely on counter sites and the like get mad and just think they are some FOTM bandwagon rider and that the champion is toxic or bad.

Stop trying to balance around the receiving end. Losing isn't fun and q lit of times you will find fring cases of every champion feeling like BS to get killed by. That doesn't make it so. You can always bait a Diana dive and kill her that way. She dies with being focused like any other champ. The only change I see needed is to Teemo and that is because of the major vision imbalance caused by the changes to wards and such. That isn't even a Teemo needs to be gutted but more over we need to look back at the vision changes and see if maybe something is not as smooth as we thought.

Argent Heretic

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Jarvan View Post
Also can we please stop using how the receiving end "feels" to justify turning her into a fighter? In general can we explain why burst is so terrible? Some champs use burst some DPS. Some use a combination of the two. Jarvan with a frozen fist and hydra will burst your Carey to half health and then use DPS the further lower him

Jo matter what losing in solo queue feels like BS. If we look at it this way and say one person secides every game then 90% of your losses are caused by someone on your team being bad the enemy team having a really good player. The reason why Diana burst might "feel" like BS is because she is so rarely picked I wouldn't be surprised if some people didn't even know how she works. So they see her have one good game and then she is bad and toxic because people don't see enough bad Diana's. Now the same thing happens when a champion gets popular. A bunch of people play it but the guys who had been playing it are doing really well on the champion and the people who rely on counter sites and the like get mad and just think they are some FOTM bandwagon rider and that the champion is toxic or bad.

Stop trying to balance around the receiving end. Losing isn't fun and q lit of times you will find fring cases of every champion feeling like BS to get killed by. That doesn't make it so. You can always bait a Diana dive and kill her that way. She dies with being focused like any other champ. The only change I see needed is to Teemo and that is because of the major vision imbalance caused by the changes to wards and such. That isn't even a Teemo needs to be gutted but more over we need to look back at the vision changes and see if maybe something is not as smooth as we thought.
Riot is kinda known for causing mayhem with the nerf bat and known for excessively nerfing, unfortunately. I just hope things turn out for the best.

Maximum Jarvan

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxReeboBand View Post
I feel ya, im a little hurt about the changes to but I enjoy the theme and character design the most and the changes wont stop me from doing what I enjoy. I just hope she is still able to carry. As for assassins and stuff, try out Talon. He is so much fun if you get fed.
I might own ever assassin in the fame to be honest. They are my favorite class which is why I find it so frustrating when they get nerfed because of "no counterplay" and I am just sitting here like strategies A-Z work in these scenarios. Talon is fun but in reality I think my favorite thing about assassin Diana was the fact that she was so do or die. When I went in I had to know that the enemy was going to die. Overestimate your damage and GG. She took more thought than most of the other assassins and now Riot is punishing her for it and making her into another bruiser. Like we don't have enough of those already...

Spitsonkittens

01-31-2014

I'm sorry to bud in, but could you change the title to say "Hello," instead of "Hell?" It's clearly not as big of an issue as what you're discussing but it's distracting to say the least.

Maximum Jarvan

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxReeboBand View Post
Riot is kinda known for causing mayhem with the nerf bat and known for excessively nerfing, unfortunately. I just hope things turn out for the best.
I honestly don't even the last time I wanted something nerfed besides Teemo shrooms. I hate Fizz but the damage nerfs he got were unwarranted especially considering it was to one of the less frustrating parts of his kit. I don't okay the guy but I understand him and as such don't feel he will ever need nerfs. No matter how annoying playful Trickster is.

Maximum Jarvan

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsonkittens View Post
I'm sorry to bud in, but could you change the title to say "Hello," instead of "Hell?" It's clearly not as big of an issue as what you're discussing but it's distracting to say the least.
I was going to at first but then I figured it was catchy enough to catch people's eyes. Not to mention somebody did a copy pasta of my thread with corrected typos and as such this emphasizes its originality now.

You're lucky I saw your confession as to how you don't truly spit on kittens.

Stone Ocean

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
No, sorry. I'm going to be experimenting with some stuff but at the end of the day I'd rather we do it right the first time, and sometimes that means more testing and iteration than we can anticipate at the start.

edit: please know that this champion is near and dear to my heart. she's my forum avatar for a reason.
All I ask is that you keep her as a midlaner.

FluffyFlaaffy

01-31-2014

I have a suggestion to move her to a more bruiser feeling than an assassin. Increase the passive to need 5 to activate. If an ability successfuly hits a champion Diana gets a charge. additionally refreshing the shield grants an additional charge (so 2 total from the ability). Keep the timer on the passive charges the same. Increase the damage in the passive. decrease damages on other abilites.

Doing this would discourage the QRR combo because of the reduced damage on those abilities. However it would encourage her to build more CDR AS and tanky items to get the most passive procs possible. I feel if diana is going to be a fighter, her passive should be the focus of her because it was what makes her feel like a fighter.