Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vesh

Game Designer

01-30-2014
10 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerThunderkeg View Post
Noooooo, please no. I logged in just to say this. Part of what I really love about Diana is her ability to stick and follow up on people and losing that second dash would absolutely ruin that.

I think there's been a misunderstanding. I was talking about the damage on R being gated by having a moonlight on the target being a possible way to reduce burst damage from Q->R->R.

In no way was I suggesting she should only be able to R to people with moonlight on them.

Alorasence

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
I think there's been a misunderstanding. I was talking about the damage on R being gated by having a moonlight on the target being a possible way to reduce burst damage from Q->R->R.

In no way was I suggesting she should only be able to R to people with moonlight on them.
Scared me.

A previous suggestion of weakening the second R cast and buffing the first q-r combo seems logical.

Hyrum Graff

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Morg View Post
I dont really see the problem with Q RR. Is it not balanced right now? I'd be really sad to see the decision between QRQR, QRR, and Just R go away, as for me it's by far the most interesting part of my favorite character. Without this there isn't a lot of decision making left. It kind of ruins the sophistication of her current design. I guess for reference, I should also point out that I would really prefer her remain an assassin. I think if you change her to a fighter you risk throwing away at least half of the fans she has right now, as that is pretty clearly her curtain role.
Second this, though I would also say that you also risk throwing away a large portion of her fans if you change her to a pure burst assassin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Jarvan View Post
Hey there. Its the OP coming at you if you don't recognize my name. I think the main problem with your suggestion and why it was downvoted because it does not truly fix her high risk low reward problem. Also the appeal of assassin Diana is rather low at that point because she will never have her shield so she would still be the same in that she goes in and the uses hourglass and waits. That is why I don't really agree with it. I want assassin Diana to be the primary method. I did not down vote you though.

TLDR it punishes her for being an assassin when her shield scales off her passive and in general makes her too reliant on her auto attacks. Assassin build would be a trap in reality.
Diana was my first main - her free week following release was my first week playing lol; I promptly saved up 6300 IP and have played her consistently since. In my experience, assassin (read: glass cannon) Diana can teamfight in one of two ways:
1) Initiate onto the adc (or other fed squishy) with q->r->w->lich bane proc->r->auto->e->lichbane proc, passive proc. This takes every adc from 100-0, imo. Then get bursted, regardless of whether you zhonya's.
2) Wait until the teamfight breaks out, then use the same combo to burst the adc (maybe wait for the 2nd q to use r again, so you can help mop up.

In neither of these situations does the shield from w do very much. It's not a necessary part of her kit as an assassin, except as far as another 60% AP of damage goes. Furthermore:
-If e gave her bonus MR and Armor (if only a little, if she's only diving on the adc), that would be a defensive boost similar in function to her shield (allows her to survive long enough to get off the 2nd lich bane proc).
-The damage on her shield is compensated for by increased AP scaling on her ult. We can afford to do this because of the ult's decreased base damage. This, combined with the change to moonlight, gives Assassin diana a buff, since now she can also clean up after a teamfight.

Argent Heretic

01-30-2014

Quote:

Vesh, care to explain what your guys plan is for Diana now?

Asatorrr

01-30-2014

W needs a change. It has no counterplay, it boring to use, it's pretty lame considering the orbs explode immediately when you're surrounded by enemies, you don't build AP because you want a stronger shield, it just happens as a consequence.

Her W was to give her sustain in the jungle. If you want her to be a jungler still (and god I hope you do), she needs some sort of sustain. I like the idea of a shield for sustain. You don't see it often.

I propose making her shield an PBAOE auto-attack enhancer, meaning she activates W and the next three attacks deal aoe damage and if she manages to expend all three charges she gets more shield. This creates interaction in that Diana's position influences her damage, supports the source of damage that exists in her passive, and offers more opportunities for her opponents to deny her getting the shield (previously you couldn't really duel her in melee without automatically giving it to her, now you can CC and kite her).

Diablo48

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2014

Quote:

Another possibility would be to flip it around. Let the first R do full damage so you do not loose too much power if you cannot land the Q, but the damage on the second cast is reduced and scales back up to full over the normal cooldown. This lets you keep the reset mobility without having too much burst and adds another decision point to the kit because holding off on that second R for a bit longer will increase its damage. I would also be inclined to shift some damage from the Q to the R to further accentuate that extra decision, although that could cause serious problems early game so it would need to be looked at very closely.

depredator56

01-30-2014

we dont know if diana is a assasin or a bruiser because she is in the middle of that

Q and R combo is a assasin combo
W , E and the pasive are the the combo fron a bruiser

my purpose is lower all base damage and shield from the abilitys and buff all the range , so people will have to choose a bruiser diana or assasin diana

increse the range of the R to 980
make the shield scale with hp bonus or attack speed

like this diana can be a a good assasin with high burts and low resistence
or a bruiser with dps and without burts

sry for the bad english

Thales

01-30-2014

Quote:

I can't say I'm a huge fan of this. Getting the cooldown reset on R-ing to a moonstruck target is a huge amount of her power locked up in landing Q. Gating her damage based on it as well is pushing her too far into the all-about-one-ability. Like Ahri now, I feel she'd be a bit too binary. As you've said, the assassin playstyle is problematic on her, so why not just remove her burst entirely and put that power elsewhere? Who says her R has to do damage, actually?

Dameon

01-30-2014

Quote:

What about something as simple as this? R now has a low CD (Perhaps something like 20 seconds, or something of the such.) And transition the moonlight proc into allowing her to dash to a nearby friendly minion or champion. That way it allows her to get in and do damage, but also allows her to get out. It's still a powerful mechanic, but doesn't overload a Q-R-R combo.

Lesbian Diana

01-30-2014

good to know i wasted my time typing all that, vesh