Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Kryptix I

01-27-2014

here ill continue to spread my post of my thoughts on changes to further hope @meddler or @morello or @ riot sees them!

This is my suggestion on how to put diana into that AP/Bruiser role instead of the assassin playstyle.

Passive: Moonsilver Blade

Every third basic attack cleaves nearby enemies for 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 75 / 85 / 95 / 105 / 115 / 135 / 155 / 175 / 195 / 215 / 235 / 255 (+ 75% AP) magic damage. The counter will reset if Diana hasn't attacked for 3.5 seconds. In addition, Diana permanently has 25% bonus attack speed

Q: Crescent Strike

Range: 850
Cooldown: 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5
Cost: 50 mana at all ranks

Magic Damage: 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 (+ 70% AP)

W: Pale Cascade
Range: 200
Cooldown: 8
Cost: 50 / 60 /70 / 80 / 90 mana

Magic Damage per Orb: 25 / 40 / 55 / 70 / 85 (+ 20% AP)
Max Magic Damage: 75/ 120 / 165 / 210/ 255 (+ 60% AP)
Shield Strength: 50 / 65 / 80 / 95/ 110 (+ 30% AP)
Max Shield Strength: 100 / 130 / 160 / 190 / 220 (+ 60% AP)

E: Moonfall

RANGE: 250/265/280/295/310
Diana gains 5% increased Armor and Magic Resist per champion pulled in for the next 4 seconds
COOLDOWN: 22 / 20 / 18 / 16 / 14
COST: 80 MANA

R: Lunar Rush
RANGE: 850
COOLDOWN: 25 / 20 / 15
COST: 60 / 75 / 90 MANA

MAGIC DAMAGE: 100 / 150 / 200 (+ 80% AP)

all these changes are aimed at making her have to fight longer. She cant possibly do that having high burst damage and no sustain, thus nerfing base damage on q and r lower her potential burst and adding the armor and Magic Resist on E and lower cd on shield cast as well as a bigger shield
(refresh not stacking) would let her duel for longer periods of time in order for her to duel she needs higher damage on passive as that will turn out to be her biggest damage output in a longer drawn out fight.

thumbnail9

01-27-2014

She's not a balancing nightmare. They just label champs with that so they don't have to do anything with or about them.

This is where Riot drops a bunch of buzzwords and then does nothing at all.

CrimsonAxests

01-27-2014

diana is underpowered??? when did this happen :/

Maximum Jarvan

01-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbnail9 View Post
She's not a balancing nightmare. They just label champs with that so they don't have to do anything with or about them.

This is where Riot drops a bunch of buzzwords and then does nothing at all.
Oh I know she isn't. They could easily revert the last nerfs and she would be fine. Before the last set she saw decent pro play without being priority pick and ban.

Maximum Jarvan

01-28-2014

NEW PASSIVE
Moonsilver blade now procs after casting spells and can hold two charges at once. Diana still enjoys the 20% bonus attack speed. It lasts 3.5 seconds and cleaves for

50/55/60/65/70/75/85/95/105/115/135/155/175/195/215/235/260/295+.55 ability power. This change to her passive makes her more burst oriented and less well now I hit you.

EDIT: It was mentioned the passive may be too strong due to her always getting to use the two charges. Would removing the AP ratio solve this in your eyes?

CRESCENT STRIKE RANGE 850 MANA COST 55
Deals 70/110/150/190/230+.75AP
It still functions as live does.

PALE CASCADE Range buffed to 250
Is no longer a shield. It is now an AOE movement steal.

Diana shrouds herself in the moon's energy exhausting enemy champions that come into contact and invigorating herself. It also now applies moonlight and lasts three seconds. If all the spheres detonate she keeps the bonus movement speed acquired for another three seconds. It does still damage to minions but does not steal movement speed from them. While I would be fine with this I think it could make it a little too hard to escape from her during laning phase and people should have a chance to get away.

They deal 30/45/60/75/90+.25AP and steal 6/12/18/24/30% movement speed. The orbs do not stack with themselves but simply refresh the slow. If they stacked it would be broken.

COSTS 60/70/80/90/100

MOONFALL

Range increase to 500 nothing changes besides that.

LUNAR RUSH 850range It now matches Q to reward well timed comboing.

It deals 100/175/250+.7 AP. This is largely a mid to late game buff to help her not fall off as hard. Also now only consumes the moonlight debuff on the champion targeted with it.

COSTS 50/65/80 mana

If you are wondering why the AP ratio on the passive is lowered it is because id kept at current levels her lich bane "abuse" would be on par with Fizz. I don't think people really want that. Well these are my assassin changes with numbers oet me know how you feel about them even if you want use to be a bruiser feedback is still nice.

Edit: I am fine with her cooldowns as they currently are in this scenario as the escape window still exists but is harder already with her now having two forms of moonlight.

BasedSolzar

01-28-2014

I feel like she's fine as long as you build her ap bruiser/ initiator. I usually go Zhonya's, Sorcs, Lichbane, Abyssal, Rabadon's, GA and do fine.. She still dishes out respectable burst this way, but she's also tanky off resistances and has two ways to save her life (zhonya's and GA). I don't know.. Personally, I feel like she's still fine.. Against silver- high gold she still does amazing and i've done well against plat mid laners save for a 3/5 game against a plat yasuo (his shield pops at the absolute worst times xD). But a few buffs would be welcome, for sure.

Shopach

01-28-2014

I really like the Moonfall idea for the AP bruiser build. The passive on the assassin build is too good, since Diana will always have 2 stacks of moonsilver proc when she goes in (crescent strike and lunar rush), and if she delayed Pale Cascade until after the first attack she would get 3 procs in very short order. On live moonsilver blade accounts for nearly 20% of the damage from her combo, so doing that twice even if nerfed a little is just too good.

I posted in another thread that I think Diana's Lunar Rush should be able to target allied minions and champions, and the cooldown should be increased by about 10 seconds each level. Since your allies will never have Moonlight, dashing to one of them will always put Lunar Rush on cooldown, thus punishing the defensive use with the longer cooldown. This would put her more on par with the more versatile (i.e. defensive and offensive mobility) assassins like Zed, Kha'zix, Leblanc and Fizz.

DarkflameShyvana

01-28-2014

I agree, she should be the opposite of Leona, either sustained damage or burst damage. Atleast purely for thematics.

Maximum Jarvan

01-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkflameShyvana View Post
I agree, she should be the opposite of Leona, either sustained damage or burst damage. Atleast purely for thematics.
Yeah that's why I feel like she needs to be an assassin. One is tank and the other glass cannon. They are far apart and actually different even personality wise. She doesn't seem like the kind of person that wod be going for a drawn out fight either to me and that is why I don't like the DPS approach. She seems rather join or die and if she is just gonna kill you I think she would want to be very efficient with it hence assassin.

Maximum Jarvan

01-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopach View Post
I really like the Moonfall idea for the AP bruiser build. The passive on the assassin build is too good, since Diana will always have 2 stacks of moonsilver proc when she goes in (crescent strike and lunar rush), and if she delayed Pale Cascade until after the first attack she would get 3 procs in very short order. On live moonsilver blade accounts for nearly 20% of the damage from her combo, so doing that twice even if nerfed a little is just too good.

I posted in another thread that I think Diana's Lunar Rush should be able to target allied minions and champions, and the cooldown should be increased by about 10 seconds each level. Since your allies will never have Moonlight, dashing to one of them will always put Lunar Rush on cooldown, thus punishing the defensive use with the longer cooldown. This would put her more on par with the more versatile (i.e. defensive and offensive mobility) assassins like Zed, Kha'zix, Leblanc and Fizz.
So from the assassin passive would you rather the AP ratio be dropped and just leave the base damage leaving it to function like Riven's?