Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

regularguy3

09-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr Is My Lover View Post
I lost my lane to Diana as Riven. She needs more nerfs.
~~
Maybe riven uses... SKILL *Gasps*

Celestial Lunar

09-16-2014

Reduce Diana's Q damage and mana cost. Also make it's cooldown scale off like yasuo, so she can constantly use it. So then she can constantly do something in a teamfight bouncing around. This way the person playing Diana has to decide to R again right after they did it or wait for cooldown on her Q. Other then that I would love Diana to stay the same as she is, I enjoy her to the fullest of her kit because it's so unique and she's underplayed.

IWasSnow

09-16-2014

I don't normally post on the forums, I just come here to read and learn. In my years of playing, I've made fewer posts than some who made accounts this morning. That aside, I have a suggestion based on what I was reading. What if instead of a powerful shield, she had an attack speed buff? I'm far too tired to offer numerical suggestions, but it would promote the use of her passive(and that cool moonblade), and it wouldn't kill her damage potential.

As for the impact of not having the shield, I'm unsure. If it causes her to be too weak, perhaps a slight buff to base hp(don't take me seriously if that's not a good idea, I've been awake for way too long).

Anyhow, I'm unlikely to see any further responses to this thread for the same reasons that I rarely post, but maybe this can spark an idea for something viable and I'll get to see a more cohesive Diana in the future. I've always been a fan of ALL champions in league(yea even Teemo, despite my hatred of playing against him), and I'd love to offer constructive input that leads to the silencing of the players who say things like "Sion is garbage, he should be removed". Let's face it, playing as Zombie Arnold is fun no matter how vanilla it feels.

Venowolf

09-25-2014

Change the E with the R can turn her and make an kit more oriented to the "assasain" role can fix her identity problems.

Diceberry

09-25-2014

My main is Diana. Much like the OP, when I first discovered her, I fell in love with her lore, her kit and pretty much everything about her visually. She is the embodiment of the misunderstood and underdog. Those who take a different path in life (religiously or anything else) and get persecuted for it when they've done thing wrong.

She fights for what she believes in and is pegged a heretic for it.

Now, on to her kit. I think she makes a better fighter rather than Assassin. I never had a hard time landing my Q and getting my ult right off. If you have good enough timing and played her as long as I have, you will know that if you know the distance her Q travels and speed, you can cast Q and immediately use your R during Q's travel. By the time Q hits you will be on top of your enemy and threatening to end them with Pale Cascade and prevent them fleeing with Moonfall. Since it gives a slow, by the time they do get a way you can land another Q and ult again (or just ult them again and scarfice 20 seconds for a cooldown on your ult).

I do agree, she is having an identity crisis. Most people don't think she can go mid lane but she can (just like other champions, you need to know how to deal with them with her kit). If you guys make changes to her, make her a fighter. She does that better than assasin since Pale Cascade is something a figher would have. It has a lot of strength behind it and is one of her most deadliest aspects.

One other major issue is once she goes all in, you can only HOPE you have enough AP to kill them. If you don't then she will more than likely be ate up without any means of escape. Unless you are clever and can single out someone weaker on the enemy team and use your R to dash to them and escape that way. But that is really unreliable. So either hope you can kill or tank their damage and make it out alive, or hope your team follows up.

So my method to playing Diana in mid is to Max Q first and poke during that time and farm safely near your tower. Her passive helps you clear good waves quickly along with W. Once you hit 6, start ramping up your poking to widdle down your enemy and W to start going in closer. They will regret taking you full on when you ult on top of them with your W and keep them in place with E.

I really do like Diana's kit and I see Riot is changing a lot of champions kit's lately and I don't want her's to lose what makes her unique. It fits in with her personality and somewhat with her lore of being a crusader of her beliefs and directly challenging anyone who questions her otherwise.

(I was disappointed with Karma's kit change and I will be really devastate with Diana gets a complete overhaul.)

lnzane

09-25-2014

I think she just received a small change, its on pbe but I need a pbe tester to confirm if it actually unstealth champs like akali now

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/09...date.html#more

lxl RockBall lxl

09-25-2014

Nice buff but I'll read a threat where they think that switch her E with R obvious is a tentative idea but can work.

apunasatapulobin

09-25-2014

Holy ****, I completely forgot Diana exists!!!! LOL I haven't seen her in ages. I guess its just another example of poor Rito balancing.

Venowolf

09-26-2014

figther or assasain what is the actual identity of Diana??? I'll feel a identity crisis in her.

Ceallach

09-26-2014

Not really sure why there's so much duress about Diana. She's in an okay spot, although she doesn't have great fallback patterns if she's behind. For some reason I perform better in Twisted Treeline than Summoner's Rift, but I do think she is still viable.

I build semi-tanky, usually with a Frozen Heart for CDR and mana, and I often grab a Sunfire Cape as well, depending on the game. My favorite build on TT involves Wooglets, Iceborn, Seraph's, Frozen Heart, Abyssal, and Merc's. She has a TON of armor with this build, a bit of MR to mitigate AP burst, and a surprisingly high amount of AP with all the mana + Seraph's. It takes a while to ramp up, so I generally go double dorans + armguard's + sheen, which is affordable early, and still allows for solid damage. I want to poke in fights before committing, but then I jump in there, slow the enemies down with E + IceBorn, and always save my final R charge for either an escape, or an execute if they're getting away.

I've seen recommendations for switching her E & R. Not sure if that would be a great fix, since I think 6 should represent a power spike. I'm all for a rework which emphasizes better gameplay when behind, while minimizing the terror that is super-fed full AP Diana, but I don't know if it's as high a priority as many other champions.