Ryze Item Build, Feedback welcome!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1337LoL

01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxly View Post
I always lose when I go for a Rod, either before I build it, or I end the game with a catalyst in my inventory. Its so expensive and if you are having a horrible early game, you're worthless later on.
Its only a few hundred more expensive than a frozen heart, as long as u start with sapp crystal it isn't very hard to get early on if you can last hit. Then rod of ages gets stronger as time goes on. Frozen heart offers no surv early on. Rod of ages of an all around item for ryze.

Patyrn

01-01-2010

I would always get a frozen heart on ryze. You want max CDR.

Phoxly

01-01-2010

I have yet to win since I started going for Rod of Ages first... =/

My death ratio has also sky rocketed. Maybe its not meant for level 10's with no runes...

YUNGKOREA

07-21-2010

Sapphire Crystal/2 hp pots
Ruby Crystal-->catalyst
Boots
Sapphire Crystal---> Tear of the goddess
Upgrade Boots
Tear of the goddess--> Archangel Staff
Catalyst--> Banshee's veil
Then pick a CDR item( i usually like Deathfires Grasp)

In my opinion you don't really need zhonya's, you have your ulti for every single team fight.
Replacing Zhonya for a Defense item is better imo.

Soookayyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2010

i usualy start sapphire crystal also
then only head back to base once ihave enough for tears and at least basic boots
then i get a mejai and start zhonya
once you have zhonya finish archangel
so you have 4 items at this point, fit in a CDR item, i usualy pick deaths fire
if somehow game is still going on get another archangel can almost 1 shot just about anything by this point and if you get out of position the zhonya can help to get back into position and not die.

its a squishier build that requires you play like an artilery hero that doesnt want people to get to him. you have to be more opportunistic too but if you can pull it off its mucho strong.

i go with clarity and ghost for laning and staying away from danger. I almost never die because playing a caster is about your position and realising that udyr is running for you before he gets too you type deal. you can buy 2,3 defensive items, hes still gona eat you. the only defense against a yi,jax,udyr,warwick is to not be in a position where he can take advantage of you.

with this build, ghost into a 5v5 team fight, unload and run, you basicly just halfed there entire just like xin does, except your gona do it again in another 20secs or so.

MadaBan

07-24-2010

This will only work out if you now what Ryze Can do and Can Not do. If your team gank other team, you are the last person that comes into the gank-fight. About 2 seconds after it starts u come in and deal the damage burst with ur AOE-ulti. They will be obliterated!

My item Build In order:

# Blue Sapphire + 1 health- and 1 manapot
# Catalyst + boots of speed (if u have money, the sorc. shoes)
# Finish Rod of Ages and buy a Tear of the godess
# Finish Archangel's Staff'
# Buy Rylais Scepter, beggin with Giants belt for 1110 then rest.

This is basically what you need!

If you got more time/money in your hand i will give you two options that work very well:

After Rylais Scepter:
1:st

# Hextech Gunblade (55 AP, 45 AD (your normal attack will now take about 140-150 At lvl18) + life steal for normal attacks + spell vamp for your AOE ulti will heal pretty good. But a lifesaver add for Hextech Gunblade is the Active: slow + 300 damage, if you are facing an opponent u cant escape when you dont have any spells ready (on CD) or have low Health. Activate on target and u Will kill him if executed properly and you have spells ready after the slow.

Next item that works good with the hextech Gunblade is:

# Frozen Heart: 500 mana: stacks with ur first ability (Q) and your archangels staff for more ap (more damage). slows nearby enemies attackspeed for 20-25 %. And gives u the preferable boost of Cooldown reduction of 25 %.

2:nd

After Rylais:

# Void Staff: Ap + 40% spell penetration
# Abyssal Scepter: Ap + 57 MR + reduces 20 MR of surrounding enemis!

For your 2 spells: take ghost and Teleport, trust me!

In the end, your choice how you like to build him! But with if you follow one of these it WILL result in a BAM! in the Face for the opponnent!

Good Luck and DO Have Fun! ^^

Beddlam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2010

AP ratio's on Ryze are very misleading. Because Rune Prison gets the ratio on every tick and spell flux gets it on every bounce, plus his ult makes these spells AOE he actually benefits a lot from AP, he's just not quite so AP dependent as other casters. I use a similar build but skip Banshee's and get Frozen heart. With his passive and max CDR he almost always has a spell he can cast. If I need MR i go for Lichbane or Abyssal Scepter which help my damage as well. My oder is:

-->Saph. Crystal + 2 health pots
-->Catalyst
-->Boots 1
-->Tear
-->Glacial Shroud
-->RoA
-->boots 2*
-->Archangel's
-->Usually don't get this far, but at this point I can choose from Void staff/Lichbane/Zonya's/Abyssal depending on the situation and at some point finish Frozen heart

*When I upgrade boots depends a lot on how the game is going, this is the latest I do it.

Orion509

07-24-2010

litch bane... simply the best option for ryze. gives him move speed mana and a 1.1 ap ration hit. because u will normal attack to finish now that he has lower ratios.
i start with that and boots of mobility usually (sheen and the ap parts+ boots of speed)
after that i build mejeals and quicly grab the ruby crystal from rod. and start building it.
if im not doing so well i go for rod first and grab zynovas as the game progresses.

with this build you still have the massive aoe power but also can proc litchbane 3 times during your combo. so you are almost guaranteed one kill and still help the team fight just as much.

also you have more move speed with either boots of swiftness or boots of mobility and are a lot harder to gank and can easily set up ganks.

also you can take a nice chunk of the turret hp by hitting a minion with a skill or hitting ult if you desire and procing litchbane.

SirCumference

08-02-2010

I thought about putting a lichbane in a build but it seems like you spam your spells too much as Ryze for it to be that useful. Once you activate your ult you want to shoot off all your spells as fast as possible to take advantage of it so you might only get 1 or 2 hits with lichbane in 6 casts. Suppose I should try it before I knock it though.