Riot has never once made a sensible post about leaver protection.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sfxworks

Time Lord Zilian

01-30-2014

Here is one of my experiences and why I hope this is improved in some way, i get it is not easy coding and business never are (trust me I know) but hopefully some day, anyways story time:
So I have been in bronze since season 3 when I finally made it to level 30 and ranked play after not playing the game for 2 years, this season I decided I was going to move up in the ranks and try as best as I can to improve my skills and make it to gold for those sweet sweet end of season skins. All this made what happened, not very fun at all. I was in my silver promo's finally about to get out of bronze, I have won 2 and lost 2 and was on my last game,and one of our team mates never connected and another left soon after the game started. I was told that if someone is gone more than 30 minutes you get a "loss prevented" so the 3 of us left in the game tried our hardest to make it past the 30 minute mark. However the game ended at just over 29:00 and i lost my series due to it.This of course was very very frustrating and I would really like for this to be on the "to improve" list. (But new support champ first would not be bad either hehe(yes I know that is a different department)).

PenguNin

02-01-2014

Hey, bump, at least come clear with us, Riot.
Will this problem be addressed soon or Soon (TM)?
Will it ever be addressed at all? Or will it be Player Behavior Improvement over Leaver Punishment?

I'm honestly appalled that Riot Games is taking such a rebellious stance against improving such an obvious lackluster piece of their game.

Let's cling onto desperate dreams and hope the unfair leverage that leaver-trolls have over us will at some point pass. I mean, losing 3 LP for leaving a game is already serious business, but can you believe there are still people that game the system and know after how many games played they can leave again to troll someone they particularly don't like?

Legendari

02-02-2014

My personal opinion is that we should be allowed to earn loss prevention "credits" as we play matches, much like how you earn rerolls in ARAM. If Riot's loss prevention system is so broken that it can't recognize a server issue when half of the players in a game are DCing, then let players use it on games themselves. It would help games that have afks or absolute trolls as well.

Just today, I lost two ranked games to lag (one game, three people disconnected, and before that they couldn't even move their champions) and another because somebody just rage quit and left us 4v5 when we were winning. So that's three ranked losses in one day that were essentially unavoidable and not related to player skill in any way.

Now, I only played six ranked matches today. I won two and lost one fair and square, then get three additional losses tacked on from this BS. How is anyone supposed to climb the ladders like that? Did not get loss prevented for any of the lag-related losses, even though all of us in game were sure we would based on the severity of it.

I'm sure a company as large and as well-funded as Riot can come up with an innovative way to deal with this that does not continue to punish players for trying to have fun and play the game. It doesn't have to be my suggestion, but something needs to be done to address these issues.

matrixlock

02-02-2014

riot: a multi-million dollar company yet has SO MANY ISSUES with the game, there's literally always an excuse about everything wrong with this game. they really need to get things in gear at riot because all i see is posts from them but never see anything being done