Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Maps Skin Ideas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowCleave212

01-22-2014

Post apocalyptic high-tech city, for the Battlecast skins. Trees can be replaced with buildings, Baron can be Battlecast, Dragon can be Battlecast, minions can be Battlecast...EVERYTHING can be...

...evolved...

Tojakiro

Recruiter

01-22-2014

I want to see a Zaun-ish place or a Hextech.

Or maybe even the Mac Trailer place for example.

Entertain

01-22-2014

I would like to see a love-ly skin for valentines day ! Because, everyone needs some love, even Baron Nashor! (Give him some poro friends!)

Ahahaha puns are so punny...

CynicalGiant

01-22-2014

Quote:
Tigrian:
Are we being for serious or for play or some combination of both?

Cause i'd love to see a just ridiculous skin for summoner's rift.

Like, you could make a giant cat be baron, and all the towers have champion's heads or some other such nonsense.

Draven's Rift

All Towers are Draven
Minions are wearing Draven masks
Draven Draven Draven Draven

GhastlyGhoulMan

Recruiter

01-22-2014

A pool-party themed Summoner's Rift would be awesome. A dark-circus themed map skin would be amazing as well, taking place in a big circus tent. There could be big, smiling Teemo and Shaco balloons looking down at you. It would be super creepy and could be put in for a Harrowing event skin.

Torovas

01-22-2014

There is a lot of setting material for League of Legends, and a lot of relationships that could be expressed in maps and maybe even allow the map skins to be used as a way of transmitting story and fluff to players. Ever since the Journal of Justice shut down I feel like this aspect of League has been less well-supported than before.

So, some ideas:
An urban combat version of Crystal Scar, set in Zaun. The different capture point landmarks could be reworked into things that tie into various Zaun-related champions, like making the Boneyard the shattered prison that Graves escaped, or the Quarry into Viktor's tekmaturgical laboratory. The capture points themselves could be hextech Tesla coils or graffiti-covered factories, depending on whether you want to emphasize the mad scientist or dirty steampunk angle. And the minions could be reskinned into twisted Zaunite experiments, with hextech drones on the purple side and twisted mutant creaturelings on the blue side.

Or you could do a version of CS that's set in the actual League of Legend's...Temple, or whatever it is. Have it fought through various summoning circles and hallways, courtyards and dormitories, where we can see something of what Summoners live like or what Champions do when they're not fighting in the Fields of Justice.

A version of Howling Abyss that splits the map into a Demacian and Noxian side, with the middle span being a battle-strewn bridge with bodies and war wreckage from both sides. You could have scorched and burned siege engines, blasted apart by Lux, and withered skeletons whose life was sucked away by Swain, and other flavor elements that tie into champions. The nexuses could be monuments to the city-states that reflect their attitudes and aesthetics.

A meditation garden Twisted Treeline, somewhere in Ionia, perhaps with some visual tricks to make it seem like the lanes and jungles are on different heights of a mountain. The strucures on the map should have an Asian feel, especially the shrines. They could be actual shrines, with guarding lions and things.

Somehow, someway, a Bilgwater map would be awesome. Maybe take Summoner's Rift and replace the ground with planking, turning the whole map into a giant dockyard with pirate ships and fishing boats sitting above a dark sea.

Zinwrath

01-22-2014

Desert version of SR, but I agree with others. Should be lore based skins. Underwater sounds cool but probably a lot of tech involves to make it look cool and not crash peoples systems who are barely running this thing.

Bazaam

01-22-2014

Obviously, League of Draven SR.

Void Howling abyss.

A harrowing SR would be really neat, with ghosts floating around the map. Somehow make their visual impact low enough so it doesn't interfere with gameplay. (or, for a fun game mode, make them HAVE some game impact)

Arcade SR. Made up like a giant pinball machine.

Dark forest Howling Abyss. I'm thinking like mirkwood forest kind of thing with trees overhanging the dark pathway and... things... moving around in the darkness almost out of sight.

Pentagram crystal scar.

Frost war summoners rift. Flesh out the struggle for freljord as we see scenes of the ancient battles.

Skyline Howling abyss (mockups of some famous skylines along the edge of the lane, sprawling metropolis in the open space)

Air bridge howling abyss. Suspended in the air seemingly of its own accord, we see clouds and birds go by, and the occasional dirigible or other fancy airship

Gone but not Forgotten SR. I think a lot of people would love seeing a skin with tributes to some of our beloved bygone items/skin concepts/champion concepts. (lookin at you HoG, Urf)

I have more ideas but I gotta go to bed. Anything good here?

Kreig Krash

01-23-2014

I would like to see a Demacia vs. Noxus themed map.

Demacian minions, turrets, inhibitors, nexus and item shop on one side.

Noxian minions, turrets, inhibitors, nexus and item shop on the other side.

Maybe even make the Noxian minions shoot green magic missles instead of blue ones.

magic owns

01-23-2014

Quote:
RiotForScience:

What else could we do with our maps that would make really interesting skins?

Kumungu Jungle! Personally, I think it would be pretty awesome if there was a SR Kumungu Jungle version, where in some areas you could find vines & thorns that if you were to interact with or get near, they would do a large amount of damage. Maybe you would be able to destroy these thorny areas at a higher level, but personally i think it would new environmental dynamics.