Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Maps Skin Ideas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snackbar

Recruiter

01-22-2014

* different biomes as they appear in League (ex. deserts of Shurima)
** With weather effects like a rainy spring or windy desert (note: im aware of some graphics issues with weather particles)
*** on that tangent differnt seasons of Summoners Rift that differentiates from the holiday versions.
* The Glade

Masalar

01-22-2014

I think the best choices would be those thematically tied to Runeterra. Not only could they be cool, but they'd be useable for any future events, like another Noxus vs Ionia, played on an Ionian themed map. This makes them interesting and gives them longevity. After that would be seasonal variants, allowing for maps to be cycled every few months. After that would be things for fun, like the underwater or void variants.

BUT. If I could only ask for one change. One anything. One thing to make me eternally happy. All I would ask is that poros be able to migrate from the Howling Abyss to Summoners Rift. That is all.

Masalar

01-22-2014

Building off of the post that I see RIGHT above me...not just different biomes overall...but different biomes ON THE SAME MAP. Top lane could be deserty (cuz, yaknow, top lane) and bot lane could be snowy etc. Wouldn't make sense, necessarily, but could be very cool.

Risen Shade

01-22-2014

Definitely a winter theme that porofies the jungle camps.

Kildyu71

01-22-2014

Arcade Skin (with a sort of 'Rainbow Road' feel from Mario Kart)

...actually never mind... my eyes would hurt too much from that...

Sophitia

01-22-2014

Demacia / Noxus themed.
Void theme (Can have space elements)
Arcade theme (lots of cool lights!)
New Years themed (depending on the year, could be Zodiac influenced for Chinese New Year)
Up in Heaven Theme (clouds instead of bushes?)
Oriental Themed (or something to do with ninjas)
Raining / Snowing effects would be cool additions too. I also enjoyed interactables like the Urf ghost during the Harrowing.

I also think that it would be cool if you changed the appearance of the jungle camps for the map skins ! Even if it's something as simple as giving Baron a Santa hat or a mask for halloween.

Sonimus

Recruiter

01-22-2014

I would love a rift that is located in the mountain peaks, up in the clouds. Mt. Targon feeling to it.
An example would be all the trees in the rift would be replaced with an open gap that looks like you will fall to you death

exec3

01-22-2014

Beach summoners rift. It would be epic once we get 10 Pool Party skins.

KHDragonn

01-22-2014

Summoners rift at night. Like the color scheme of TT.

Really just want the winter one though.

Corvic Maractis

01-22-2014

Noxus: I imagine Noxus as being like Kazas from the Legend of Dragoon

where it is a very dark and foreboding local that one doesnt wish to return to as it leaves a lingering feeling of dread.

Will Update with more soon.

449054-kazas2_large.png