Maps Skin Ideas

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fizzey

04-05-2014

Beach themed map would be cool. Give the players a kick back kind of chill atmosphere. playing on the beach is a lot more relaxing then fighting on a grassy, swamp, fictional land thing.

777TITAN777

04-05-2014

I didn't read this whole thread but I really think one major change to SR that would add a lot of fun and variety would be changing the minions and towers to be different on blue and purple sides. Someone mentioned yordles vs pirates or something, but I think you could have yordle minions, ghosts, mechs, whatever you can think of. It would definitely upgrade the experience to see them fighting.

Taekwoon KS

04-07-2014

Play -> PvP / Co-op vs AI -> Classic -> Game Map ->
Put all of the map options there just like how Summoner's Rift and Twisted Treeline is there, so that players can willingly choose to be in that map with others who also willingly choose to be in that map.
Example :

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lolexample1.png
Views:	44
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	940254  

Galleleyus

04-08-2014

i really think instead of changeing maps depending on skins, there should be a option in the champ select/client that allows you to change the map's skin. say i want the Harrowing map to play on for this round because i just got FrankenAnnie, go to the client or map skins in the champ select, and select harrowing map. ive really wanted something like this, since im still fairly new to league and never got the chance to see all the wonderful map skins of old.

discog

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
I think the niche point is pretty valid. As an artist I just think it would be aesthetically awesome. I like themeing maps based on the champion skin genres.
Thank you for the compliments, I'm glad you like the ideas! It makes me excited to think about them, as well. One thing I wanted to clarify and follow up on: I don't want the skin theme map ideas I proposed to only be considered for Summoner's Rift. If the art team likes pairing one with Twisted Treeline or Howling Abyss, I say go for it.

For example, after thinking about it some more, I think a Wild West skin would work best on HA. Unlike other pairings, a Wild West HA could keep the cliffs/canyon layout, just transposing it to the American West ala the Grand Canyon and/or Utah's Monument Valley. Plus, a one lane layout really enhances the "Showdown at the OK Corral" feeling I enjoy from this skin idea. (As for the poros . . . jackalopes, maybe?)

For the thread, I'd like to hear more skin ideas for HA and TT!

Pokemon Hunter A

04-16-2014

How about an abandoned city? Like where Vi appears?

Pete Wrigley

08-19-2014

Summoner's Rift Skin: The Cost of Progress

Concept: The blue and purple sides of the map are, instead, Viktor's and Singed's laboratories, with the Nexus as their work benches.

Viktor's Details: Viktor's side would have mechanical towers, inhibitors, and minions. Caster minions would have little Viktor shoulder arms that shoot their attacks. The jungle monsters on Viktor's side of the map would have mechanical augmentations as well, such as extra mechanical limbs, cybernetic implants, etc. The lanes and jungle on Viktor's side of the map would have metal parts and scraps strewn about, more like a junk yard than a forest. It would look like a combination of Viktor's discarded experiments and his raw materials for new projects.

Singed's Details: Singed's side would have biological towers, inhibitors, and minions. Towers would launch casks of poison at enemies. The jungle monsters on Singed's side of the map would have biological augmentations as well, such as green bubbles on their hides, ooze coming out of them, etc. The lanes and jungle on Singed's side of the map would have green fog laying over them, the result of Singed's experiments creeping into the land. It would look sick and poisoned.

Boss Details: Dragon would be an augmented version, loosed from Viktor's lab, with cybernetic augmentation, laser-based attacks, mechanical wings, etc. Baron would be corrupted by Singed's reckless pollution of the land, looking even more ooze-ridden and disgusting, with leaking toxic waste containers lining baron pit.

Riot JxE

Technical Artist

08-19-2014
17 of 18 Riot Posts

Just wanted to let you all know we're still reading this

Keep up the suggestions!

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Wrigley View Post
Summoner's Rift Skin: The Cost of Progress

Concept: The blue and purple sides of the map are, instead, Viktor's and Singed's laboratories, with the Nexus as their work benches.

Viktor's Details: Viktor's side would have mechanical towers, inhibitors, and minions. Caster minions would have little Viktor shoulder arms that shoot their attacks. The jungle monsters on Viktor's side of the map would have mechanical augmentations as well, such as extra mechanical limbs, cybernetic implants, etc. The lanes and jungle on Viktor's side of the map would have metal parts and scraps strewn about, more like a junk yard than a forest. It would look like a combination of Viktor's discarded experiments and his raw materials for new projects.

Singed's Details: Singed's side would have biological towers, inhibitors, and minions. Towers would launch casks of poison at enemies. The jungle monsters on Singed's side of the map would have biological augmentations as well, such as green bubbles on their hides, ooze coming out of them, etc. The lanes and jungle on Singed's side of the map would have green fog laying over them, the result of Singed's experiments creeping into the land. It would look sick and poisoned.

Boss Details: Dragon would be an augmented version, loosed from Viktor's lab, with cybernetic augmentation, laser-based attacks, mechanical wings, etc. Baron would be corrupted by Singed's reckless pollution of the land, looking even more ooze-ridden and disgusting, with leaking toxic waste containers lining baron pit.
I really like this one.

Smoke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-19-2014

I wish there was more to the Galactic story line(Nasus / Renekton) and a space map. Alien Syndrome style maybe? There are some alien looking champs in this game that could easily get into the galactic theme of things.

Also, please please please consider LCS Team endzone artwork / logos on summoners rift or themed turrets inhibitors etc, even if it is just a visual overlay on the spec stream. Would be easier to track teams playing as well.