Maps Skin Ideas

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blindworld

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
I agree, though we run into an issue with this idea in that we prefer not to divide the map into a fight between good and evil... Dem vs Nox will feel that way. Do you have any suggestions on how we could neutralize that issue?
Instead of making Demacia blue and Noxus red, you can divide the map in half the other way. Top lane on both sides could be Noxus, bottom lane Demacia (or vice versa) with the boundary going up midlane. You could even make it zig-zag a bit through the jungle if you want. As long as you use something other than the river to represent the border between the two countries then both sides get some of both nations.

Hellioning

01-27-2014

Quote:
I agree, though we run into an issue with this idea in that we prefer not to divide the map into a fight between good and evil... Dem vs Nox will feel that way. Do you have any suggestions on how we could neutralize that issue?
Politely remind everyone of Lux's league judgement?

Niamriva

01-27-2014

i think something dota has is like the heaven vs hell theme or something. it'd be cool to have a demacia theme for the blue side and noxus for the purple side.

AntiSkillshot

01-27-2014

My request is fairly simple. And I don't know if this has been requested or not.

But... Rainy version of SR? Night time version, maybe? Seeing SR in the sunny daylight, 24/7, gets really old.

Gentleman Thief

01-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slovakattack View Post
For the Piltover map, i'd love to see robotic versions of the monsters in SR. Like robo-wolves, mecha-wyrm and Robo-Baron-Nashor. This might not sound as interesting as entirely new robotic enemies, but I think it's a funny idea that some piltovarian scientist out there was so interested in the ecology of SR that he decided to create his own robotic version of it! His name is... Reginald Bisby. He wears a monocle, and has a cane that is also a hunting rifle. He is the very definition of the Gentleman Scientist. And he is also the announcer! Yeessss, I want this...
The minions should be robots too. I have an idea for how the Piltover map could look, although it might be somewhat resource-intensive. It's set on a network of floating platforms above Piltover that are connected by bridges and held aloft by balloons, propellers, and other assorted hextech devices. Clouds drift below the arena, occasionally parting to allow a glimpse of the city beneath. Perhaps when the match ends and one team's nexus is destroyed, the mechanisms holding up their base area break down and the champions of the winning team flee to safety as it collapses.

Warriorman21

01-27-2014

Void Summoner's Rift: It's like regular summoner's rift, but everything is black.

Skin is implemented into the game, but I just can't select it.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MFZ0-fnttk

EDIT: Here's an actual idea: Every time a turret is taken from a lane, the hue of that lane shifts toward the color of the side that takes it. i.e. Blue side taking mid turrets makes mid lane look more blue.

DocMuerte

01-27-2014

Quote:
Split the map art vertically. Nox can have the baron side and Dem the dragon.

Entity Zero

01-27-2014

Is it possible to have multiple map skins that you're able to choose what you're playing on? Obviously the layout doesn't change, but can you keep ALL of the same collision data and have a method of having multiple skins? Oh I'm feeling cold today, so I'm gonna play the snow version of SR. You see the snow version, your team sees the normal unless they're running a skin too.

LastProtagonist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2014

I'd like to see the Nexus incorporate the different "summoners." I.e. maybe have five summoner statues surrounding the nexus, with the nexus being divided into five "sections" for each statue. If a champion for a summoner is alive, the corresponding nexus light is activated. If the champion is dead, the "summoner" statue will be seen pouring spell energy into the nexus.

You can maybe tie this in to when a champion uses a summoner spell, have the nexus statue make a sudden burst of energy into the nexus. (Maybe have a minimap drawn in the nexus itself.) Also, use this idea to have the summoner statues "fuel" the respawning inhibitors with energy lines connecting from the nexus to the farthest towers.

Bring something meta into the game. It would make it more interesting to me if the whole reason we disable the nexus is to literally stop and beat the other summoners.

haisoon

01-27-2014

Quote:
I dont know whether you will see this or not, but you could make it where the demacia and noxus halves are divided among the mid lane instead of the blue purple sides.

Then top lane would be in demacia, and bot in noxus(or reversed)

Mid lane would be neutral, and the battle ground(you could possibly change the side bush in mid, to be archers, and they would shoot each other across mid lane)(but physically they would function like brush still)

The jungle camps would be noxian or demacian warriors(depending what side of the map you were on.)

(so for example in the diagram I made, blue would have a noxian blue buff camp side, and a demacian red camp. And purple a demacian blue, and a noxian red)

So basically you could avoid makeing it "good vs evil" by makeing the map like.
  • Divide the map across the mid lane.
  • Change the jungle camps to soldiers/allies of the affiliated sides.
  • Possibly have animations of noxian soldiers fighting demacian soldiers

And here is a rough diagram of how the map could work.(I drew it in paint)