My Amumu build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoveYuRi

10-09-2010

Soo im wondering if this build is good

-doran ring +hp pot
-gaints build(--.sunfire cap later)
-boots of movement---> swiftness(later)
Blue armor(700g, 4got what it was called)
-sunfire cap
-boots of swiftness
-rylia scepter(3.150 gold)
sunfire cap or force of nature depending on other team
Then some random item mostly warmog cuz i just want more hp XD
but i usually finish the game before i can get warmog.

Soo finaly build is
-doran ring
-boots of swiftness
-sunfire cap
-rylia scepeter
-sunfire/force of nature
-warmog or something

(i usually go over 10 kills with this build and with least than 5 death at most.)

LoveYuRi

10-10-2010

no answer?

kyoukitenshi

10-10-2010

I usually go

Cloth Armor+ HP Pot x 5 (I jungle him, he can't really lane well, too mana hungry)
Boots 1 (change into Merc or Ninja Tabi later. I don't like boots of swiftness, you're a tank, you need defense, not run speed)
Aegis of the Legion (Carries NEVER get defense early game, plus you have a good AD steroid for taking out towers)
Sunfire Cape x 1 (second one is just unnecessary)
FoN/Guardian/Banshee's (situational)
If the game isn't over, I might start building another Sunfire, or maybe a Rylai's if we don't have enough slows already.

SynergyDreamer

10-10-2010

I usually go Aegis if their team is getting Sorc boots and/or there is an Abyssal on the opposition. The occurence being rare.
Otherwise I go (I don't jungle btw):
Doran's Shield, Merc Treads, Sunfire, Abyssal, Frozen Heart and Rylai's (priority may be switched around, but both of them eventually), then FoN/Banshee's/Randuin's.
If I plan to go Randuin's I get the Heart of Gold after Abyssal.

Bigmantree

10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYuRi View Post
Soo im wondering if this build is good

-doran ring +hp pot
-gaints build(--.sunfire cap later)
-boots of movement---> swiftness(later)
Blue armor(700g, 4got what it was called)
-sunfire cap
-boots of swiftness
-rylia scepter(3.150 gold)
sunfire cap or force of nature depending on other team
Then some random item mostly warmog cuz i just want more hp XD
but i usually finish the game before i can get warmog.

Soo finaly build is
-doran ring
-boots of swiftness
-sunfire cap
-rylia scepeter
-sunfire/force of nature
-warmog or something
Quite a few problems here. For one you don't have any real tanking ability until your chain vest. This means a complete lack of real tanking ability early to mid game. Also you are focusing entirely on health and armor, while neglecting any magic resist. If the team has any magic damage or is heavily AP (as most are) you won't tank worth a thing.

Rylai's sin't really worth it imo unless you are late in the game and doing well already.

Better builds imo would be something like:

Against an AP team:
-Merc Treads
-Aegis
-Banshees
-Maybe a FoN

Physical:
-Probably still merc treads for whatever cc they have
-Sunfire Cape
-Frozen Heart
-Maybe a Randuins

Starting items can be anything from cloth armor+health pots to Doran's ring+health pot.

Not getting mercury treads will kill you from cc and make it harder to get that ult off. Amumu relies on his stun and summoner spells to close the distance to get his ult off, not boots.

Last, Warmog's really isn't that great. You could just grab one sunfire cape (or another if you have one already) and improve your health, damage and tower diving capabilities.

I'd discourage getting GA on almost any heroes now. With the huge nerf in post-resurrection life it's just nowhere near the level it was before.

Just remember, you need to build your items based on what type of damage the enemy team is doing. If it is AP get MR, if it is AD get armor, and if it is a mix get a mix of MR and armor. Stacking health so much early on leaves you vulnerable until later in the game..

bobarabara

10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmantree View Post
Quite a few problems here. For one you don't have any real tanking ability until your chain vest. This means a complete lack of real tanking ability early to mid game. Also you are focusing entirely on health and armor, while neglecting any magic resist. If the team has any magic damage or is heavily AP (as most are) you won't tank worth a thing.

Rylai's sin't really worth it imo unless you are late in the game and doing well already.

Better builds imo would be something like:

Against an AP team:
-Merc Treads
-Aegis
-Banshees
-Maybe a FoN

Physical:
-Probably still merc treads for whatever cc they have
-Sunfire Cape
-Frozen Heart
-Maybe a Randuins

Starting items can be anything from cloth armor+health pots to Doran's ring+health pot.

Not getting mercury treads will kill you from cc and make it harder to get that ult off. Amumu relies on his stun and summoner spells to close the distance to get his ult off, not boots.

Last, Warmog's really isn't that great. You could just grab one sunfire cape (or another if you have one already) and improve your health, damage and tower diving capabilities.

I'd discourage getting GA on almost any heroes now. With the huge nerf in post-resurrection life it's just nowhere near the level it was before.

Just remember, you need to build your items based on what type of damage the enemy team is doing. If it is AP get MR, if it is AD get armor, and if it is a mix get a mix of MR and armor. Stacking health so much early on leaves you vulnerable until later in the game..
This but switch the fourth item- FoN or Randuins for abyssal scepter, sooo good on amumu second best mr item plus mr reduction aura that synergies with all his abilities plus passive

ironblades

10-10-2010

for my non jungle build i do
spells
teleport/ignite

Regrowth pendant becomes philosphers stone asap, meaning you port back as soon as you have gold.
Boots of swifteness or stun reduction
Sunfire cape
standard build ends unless Sunday ,because of sunfire Sunday which means no boots all sunfires
I usualy end up selling philosphers stone at the end, for another slot

The regrowth pendant start allows you to solve your mana problems very early, it also allows you to eat sskill shots for your partner. Always love to see a partner just stand as a cleaver comes flying through the air.

LoveYuRi

10-10-2010

any more advice?

MillianV2

10-10-2010

Start with the first mana regain item (forget the name) its the cheapest and buy 2 health potions. Then turn the first mana regain item into the philospher stone. Then the ninja tabi (for speed, and dodge helps alot, plus extra armor) then sun cape (get items to lead up to suncape) then banshee veil, then suncape, then guardian angel.

Grandpappy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2010

I usually go Doran's shield, boots, and HoG/merc treads (the choice depends on your lane opponent or enemy team composition). I love Randuins too much to not get it unless the entire enemy team is casters. And while Mumu farms much better once he gets a cape, I find HoG is a pretty decent alternate. That's just my 2 cents though.