Free Help for Newcomers to LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhySoFurious

12-28-2010

Title says it all.

I will be helping newbies on LoL. Please post here if you are interested in receiving help or log into your League of Legends client and join channel Furious. I prefer for you to join the channel and just hope that you catch me there as I'm not a big forum junkie. I will try to check up on this thread often but I make no promises.

To join channel Furious click on the chat room control panel button at the bottom left of your screen. Then click the join or create room button and type Furious. (it has to be a capital F)

ALL newbies are welcome to pop in and play with me. There are NO previous experience requirements or anything. (i.e. DotA, HoN, etc....)

Before i close,

A message to the many trolls in the LoL community:
I am not claiming to be expert at this game. I know I'm not HotshotGG or Reginald. I'm only teaching the basics as well as telling people some common solid builds and explaining stuff like why you don't buy tier 1 and 2 runes.. stuff like that.

Besides, I can only see good out of it. Most of the people that troll newbies don't quite realize how much it doesn't help when they spend their time doing that instead of helping them learn. I find it comical when its those same people that complain about elo hell because "The stupid newbs dont know what they are doing." Karma says "GG troll."

In closing, all I ask is that you don't friend request me if you are looking for a game. Join the channel Furious and if I'm on I'll be there. I prefer not to log in a day later and be spammed with 30 friend requests. Haha.

EDIT: For those who haven't made it that far into the game yet (and have no problem starting up a new account), and would like to help me out in return for the help I will be giving... Please sign up for LoL using this link:http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...3545e773795333

The only thing different is that I will receive a few benefits by you doing so. Your account will be a normal account, no different than that of one made on the homepage. It will just give me small IP boosts for every person I refer.

Psymanski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2010

ablary

Eggtart Chow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoFurious View Post
and explaining stuff like why you don't buy tier 1 and 2 runes.. stuff like that.
Buying Tier 1 runes is a good thing, though. They cost either 15 or 30 IP each and are amazing place holders until level 20. It's only Tier 2 runes you want to avoid. They don't make a huge difference, but having that little bit of armor pen and extra health can help. Besides, once you have Tier 3 runes you can combine them for a small chance to get something good! I got a Tier 2 flat health quints out of mine, which is only about 6 health less than the Tier 3 quint. This saved me 2.5k IP.

+1 I love seeing other people willing to help new players. Good stuff, man.

Mr Zafrada

12-31-2010

Like Egg said, Tier 1-> to Tier 3 is the way to go.

In fact I tend to build my pages with T1 and slowly replacing them with T3.

ShadyGrave

12-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Zafrada View Post
Like Egg said, Tier 1-> to Tier 2 is the way to go.

In fact I tend to build my pages with T1 and slowly replacing them with T3.

To clarify what he says turning tier 1 runes to tier 3 runes is to way to go. (not buying tier 2 runes).

Mr Zafrada

12-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyGrave View Post
To clarify what he says turning tier 1 runes into tier 2 runes is to way to go. (not buying tier 2 runes).
Sorry I mispelled

I meant Tier 1 -> to Tier 3 my bad

fixing.