Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[GUIDE] The Mechanics of Winning, The Secret to Why You Lost.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thwrecked

04-30-2014

I feel smarter after reading this...

Very good job

soulbanana8

05-03-2014

Goddamit did I just read an extremely interesting and well thought out wall of text?
That's like a 2nd for me XD

limpsy83

06-28-2014

Bump!

SgtPepperjack

06-28-2014

I can't exactly say "good job on the guide", sadly.
The actual content and advice was quite solid and I fully plan on taking it to heart, but your tone throughout was extremely combative and abrasive; this is entirely counterproductive and uncalled for.
You are of course free to format your guide as you wish, but I believe you will be more effective in reaching your target audience if you edit it down and clean up the tone.
Cheers!

Detrucci

06-28-2014

Fantastic guide I agree with all of it

CryoTheSummoner

08-17-2014

b

CounterTroll86

09-13-2014

I liked the guide overall, but the language was in poor taste.

Not only that the author for all of their wisdom forgot to address some key issues.

Namely the following 4 topics.

#1. You will have bad games.
#2. Some of your matched team mates will have bad games.
#3. Some losses cannot be avoided. (Trolls happen, feeders happen, DC's happen.)
#4. Not going on tilt after bad games.

Frankly... for all the authors wisdom, he lacks the vision to understand he cannot carry every game, and as such should not be giving advice at all. For the author in his own "LAZINESS" forgot to address the fact that he or she is in fact also human and can throw a game themselves.

No matter how skilled a player is, they are human, and can in fact make mistakes that cost games. Everyone does, anyone can.

Including this author who failed to address this issue.

The Real Kowboy

09-14-2014

People want to be carried is wrong IMHO. Seen so many people (looking at you top lane) get behind and rage / whine when team is overall like 9-3 with dragon control. In stead of saying yay we're winning they rage at mid jungle cause they got punished at the expense of the team doing well.

Motorfloat

10-04-2014

Necroing this thread because it is very helpful and I have one thing to add.

I disagree very much with Tier 4. Items and build paths are extremely important in order to succeed. For example, if you're building a chalice VS someone who is mana dependent and is not building it first, you will have more MR and mana sustain in lane and you'll have a better chance of winning. Someone who rushed a Zhonya's has a bigger chance of survival against Zed compared to someone that didn't. ADCs that do not buy Last Whisper will have trouble against tanks with over 100 armor, and those who buy Last Whisper over Youmuu's/Black Cleaver when no one is building resistances will deal less damage. Junglers that did not buy their Spirit item or Feral Flare will have less income than those that didn't buy it. Tanks that are rushing magic resistance against a 4 AD + 1 AP team will receive more damage. Supports who don't rush Sightstone will spend more money on wards and will have less ward control in lane and around the map until they do.

Item paths are extremely important and it is something that separates skilled players from unskilled ones. Tier 4 is very important and should not be overlooked.

Mooncake 99

10-05-2014

Quote:
Motorfloat:
Necroing this thread because it is very helpful and I have one thing to add.

I disagree very much with Tier 4. Items and build paths are extremely important in order to succeed. For example, if you're building a chalice VS someone who is mana dependent and is not building it first, you will have more MR and mana sustain in lane and you'll have a better chance of winning. Someone who rushed a Zhonya's has a bigger chance of survival against Zed compared to someone that didn't. ADCs that do not buy Last Whisper will have trouble against tanks with over 100 armor, and those who buy Last Whisper over Youmuu's/Black Cleaver when no one is building resistances will deal less damage. Junglers that did not buy their Spirit item or Feral Flare will have less income than those that didn't buy it. Tanks that are rushing magic resistance against a 4 AD + 1 AP team will receive more damage. Supports who don't rush Sightstone will spend more money on wards and will have less ward control in lane and around the map until they do.

Item paths are extremely important and it is something that separates skilled players from unskilled ones. Tier 4 is very important and should not be overlooked.

Tier 4 stuff are tier 4, relative to the other stuff above it. I would say "being a good looking dude" is a tier 99 comparing to the other tiers above it.