Runes for Teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

artificer

12-30-2010

In common scenarios what are the best runes for teemo?

Mr Zafrada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2010

AP Teemo or AD Teemo can roll with:

Magic Penetration Marks (of Insight)
Mana Regen/lvl Seals (of Clarity)
Mana regen/lvl Glyphs (of Clarity)
Flat HP Quints.

That's a pretty all arround rune page for pretty much mana users who deals magical damage (Teemo Toxic Shot and shrooms) (you could change the mana ragen/lvl glyps for CDR glyohs (of focus) and you'll have an all arround rune page. (Grab the armor pen Marks later and you have two pages for pretty much al mana users, you can even play tanks -is beter to run defenssive runes in tanks, though- But for a general Runes page is a good start.

ARmor penetration Marks (of desolation) could work on AD Teemo too. But I'll stick to Mpen.

artificer

12-31-2010

I was expecting Aattack Power runes.

OmniOmega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2010

Most people nowadays play Teemo as an AP/AS hybrid champion.

Marks: magic pen or attackspeed (mpen is probably better as his core items give attackspeed)
Seals: mana regen/level or dodge
Glyphs: CDR or AP (flat or per level) CDR gives more mushroom spam, AP makes them hit harder.
Quints: movespeed, flat health, AP, or attackspeed.

artificer

12-31-2010

Thanks a lot both of you! I will research your recommendations. Will this convinations work for teemo? Why and why not? Which one is better?

Greater Mark of Insight +0.95 magic penetration
Greater Seal of Alacrity +0.76% attack speed
Greater Glyph of Force +0.17 ability power per level (+3.06 at champion level 18)]
Greater Quintessence of Clarity +0.24 mana regen / 5 sec. per level (+4.32 at champion level 18)

OR

Greater Seal of Clarity +0.1 mana regen / 5 sec. per level (+1.8 at champion level 18)
Greater Glyph of Force +0.17 ability power per level (+3.06 at champion level 18)]
Greater Quintessence of Alacrity +3.4% attack speed

Mr Zafrada

12-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificer View Post
Greater Seal of Clarity +0.1 mana regen / 5 sec. per level (+1.8 at champion level 18)
Greater Quintessence of Alacrity +3.4% attack speed
I like this, But I strongly recommed Flat HP Quints, Teemo is squishy as hell, specially, early game. I only run AS runes on junglers, because AS is so easy to obtain.

I did not suggest AP runes in the first place, due to you can change Mpen for Arpen Runes and you have a second page for AD mana users champions, so you can play like the 90% of the champion with 2 all arround pages.

artificer

12-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Zafrada View Post
I like this, But I strongly recommed Flat HP Quints, Teemo is squishy as hell, specially, early game. I only run AS runes on junglers, because AS is so easy to obtain.

I did not suggest AP runes in the first place, due to you can change Mpen for Arpen Runes and you have a second page for AD mana users champions, so you can play like the 90% of the champion with 2 all arround pages.
What changes the second build requires for Nunu and Annie?

Mr Zafrada

12-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificer View Post
What changes the second build requires for Nunu and Annie?
It works perfect (Though I like CDR on annie)

I strongly recommed Flat HP (or MS or mayeb AP) Quints.

But AP is worhtless in AD champions like Ashe, CDR is not optimal but, it works for everything, ninjas, tanks, casters, carry, and so on.

As a final thought, Runes are a matter of personal prefference and playstyle (in most cases) for example I tend to stack mana regen yellow/blues due to my spammy/agressive nature (this is not *optimal* but I like it), so go ahead and try. I will cost a little more of IP, but you'll get there. Keep playing

artificer

12-31-2010

Thanks a lot for all the answers! What about CDR Quintessence?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

12-31-2010

Teemo is squishy enough imo that he really benefits from flat health quints. You can get more CDR from masteries with a 9/0/21 build if you really want masteries, and Nashor's tooth is a great item for him if you want some CDR as it also gives AP, mp/5, and AS, all of which are great on him.