Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skin repricing update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

01-20-2014

<div class="legacy-vbulletin"> <div class="article-body"> <p>Hey Summoners,</p><p>Last April, we lowered the price on 79 skins and raised the price on 17 others to solidify our new skin pricing tiers.&nbsp; Though a primary goal of this skin price restructuring was to more uniformly correlate the effort put into skins with their cost, since the repricing it's become obvious that a few of our skins were in tiers that didn't make sense to you guys.</p><p>We realize that any two skins which received the same amount of effort won't always reflect that work identically in the final product. For instance, although Frostblade Irelia's particle effects took about the same amount of work as Arcade Sona's, they are far more subtle and therefore not valued as highly by players.</p><p>We've decided that skin pricing would make more sense to you guys if it's based not only on effort spent, but also on how obviously that effort is shown in the finished skin. With this in mind, we're adjusting the prices of the following skins:</p><ul><li>Armor of the Fifth Age Taric - now <strong>750 RP</strong> (formerly <strong>975 RP</strong&gt</li><li>Frostblade Irelia - now <strong>975 RP</strong> (formerly <strong>1350 RP</strong&gt</li><li>Wildfire Zyra - now <strong>975 RP</strong> (formerly <strong>1350 RP</strong&gt</li></ul><p>These changes are effective immediately. Summoners who have purchased any of these skins in the past two weeks will automatically receive a refund for the price difference.</p><p>We aren't planning on any additional skin price adjustments but will be taking this new criterion into account when pricing our new skins. Of course, the "obviousness of effort" metric is highly subjective, and I know many of you will feel that certain skins should also be adjusted. Unfortunately this is the downside of implementing another level of subjectivity. But in general we feel that this additional evaluation will help us to align our pricing with your expectations.</p><p>I'm happy to answer questions about this update, but I probably won't be engaging in too much back and forth about why X skin versus Y skin is in a certain tier or another. Like I've said, it's highly subjective.</p><p>-WC</p> <style type="text/css"> .article-body .region-na, .article-body .region-br, .article-body .region-eune, .article-body .region-euw, .article-body .region-tr { display:none; } </style> </div> </div>

Majin Bl3u

01-20-2014

<3 WizardCrab

DeafCatMoan

01-20-2014

New 750 skins where?
Or was this entire price point for the sole purpose of creating temporary winning team championship skins like last season?

Gd Bot

01-20-2014

nerf lebroken

If I were Jesus

01-20-2014

r u le troling us xD

Grognak The Barb

01-20-2014

The RP to skin price to IRL money ratio is too damn confusing. Why can't you just stick price tags on them like what microsoft did to their MS points? Arbitrary numbers like 1350, 2000, ect are just plain scumbaggish because it gives the player the illusion that he's coming into a fortune when in reality he's handed peanuts.

edit: Downvoted because I want clarity for the consumer. Great.

Shiro Pichu

01-20-2014

riot is greedy

12fingerJIM

01-20-2014

I was scared for a second more skins would have price increases...

zMajin

01-20-2014

Wtf, I paid full price for those skins. Riot hates the consumer.

Ryuujinmaru

01-20-2014

Can we get lower IP prices on champions yet?