"Ghost" audio files

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Str8TalkExpress

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2011

Gankplanks ultimate will make the laugh/screech noise when he uses it where you are looking. if you click away and back the sound will restart.

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

01-11-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey Ikimono,

We can't get any of these to reproduce, do you have any tips or details that might help us?

Thanks!

Ikimono

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2011

It seems most commonly occurring when:
a champion does something around another champion or minions while Your player camera is not watching the action.
then after the fog of war has gone over that area, Your player camera enters the area where the sound file was previously drawn from.

Ex: you're in the jungle with your screen on the minions. An enemy Lux fires her laser @ an ally and kills them. (you not being able to see any of this from your perspective)
Fog of War covers the area. Sometime/Shortly afterwords you pan over to that area. The audio file of Lux's laser will then play over the FOW area.

It seems to be rather random when it does occur and when it does not.

Another one that i've been hearing a lot is the new character, "Caytlin's" traps when placed into a bush and not walked into, but seen by the player, the "deploy" sound will play.

Thank you for giving your attention to this thread, I wish you luck.

Dogmaster

01-12-2011

Hello
This happened several times to me, playing with a kennen on my team.
He would ult and I would hear his scream when I panned the camera to where he was.
Happened several times through the game.

Ikimono

01-14-2011

Happens a lot with player death sounds. If you dont hover your camera over the area where the player just died, the "death scream" will still play next time your camera enters that area.

I'm beginning to wonder if you have to mouse over with the camera and cannot simply enter the zone.

Argothes

01-16-2011

I hear this glitch on a constant basis. I can say I hear it more with fiddlesticks and pirates (Miss Fortune and GP) more than other champions. I'm not alone on this one, in the games I play with my arranged team, we all hear it as well.

The way that it happens seems to be if a spell is casted somewhere and your teammate heard it, somehow you now have the ability to hear it. So say in top lane my friend heard MF let it rain, if that area goes into the fog of war and I look in that area, I too hear it. This seems to be the case for the most part.

I have gotten interesting phantom noises as well. On occasion when there is a MF on the enemy team, if you hover over to where she was, you can sometimes hear GP shooting up his ult. This first encountered with one of my friends and I said "Are you sure it's not MF's rain?" he replied he heard GP's epic laugh with it. I then, in the same game, experienced the same problem.

Now this may not seem like a big problem, but these random noises have caused me a lot of trouble.

For instance, there was a Twisted Fate on the enemy team and I saw he was going to ult somewhere. I look around the map (in the fog) to see where he might be going, and I hear Kassadin's rift walk. Now, I'm fairy low and this causes me to panic from reaction to the sound and turn on my shield (Shen game)

Now this isn't a BIG deal, but it gets fairly annoying wasting your abilities when they aren't needed.

Ikimono

02-08-2011

Bump; This still occurs in every game I play.