Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Concept] Kawl-The Void King

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steamrider

01-17-2014

This is a Champion Concept i came up with and posted a while ago, and it didnt really take off. i have since made improvements and im reposting! (hope thats allowed)

old Thread- http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4028673&highlight=kawl

Kawl-The Void King!! creeeepy

Lore
-open to ideas/changes-
There is a dark place between dimensions, some of you know it simply as "The Void". Very little is known about this place, just that it is a place of chaos and war, but little do you know that a midst the Chaos, is perfection. A perfect balance of energies and power. The Void makes sure of this, but something is off. The Void is NOT perfect. The balance has been tipped. Some creatures have escaped The Void, and this can not happen. Cho'Gath, Kog'Maw Ka, Zix They must be caught, dragged back into the loving claws of perfection. So to achive this goal, The Void has Manifested itself, for the first time, into a single form and set out to the League of Legends.

"I feel it. The Void is Angry. it wants us back home" -Cho'Gath

yeah im not the best at lore writing, but you get the basic idea.

look
what does he look like? well i have some ideas, first he should be very kingly looking, with a crown. also his face is partly covered. he is very muscular and has royal armor and a long cape. also floats around without legs. for colors i was thinking Purple and Gold since the Void and purple go together alot and gold is very royal looking.

his most important feature is his arms/hands. he has huge claws (not Vi huge but big) they fade to completely purple glowyness. he uses the Voids power through them to attack, by sending out larger claws. for example, if he slams his fists onto the ground. farther along a larger set of claws smash the ground on his enemy. its a bit hard to explain.

art by ryonok

older sketches
i drew these before. they arent as good but you can sorta see the creative process.
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=879593&stc=1&d=1390782748
http://steamrider5.deviantart.com/art/Kawl-The-Void-Keeper-413064827?ga_submit_new=10%253A1384217457
http://steamrider5.deviantart.com/art/Kawl-sketches-413596960

Abilities

Kawl is an AP mage with some tankyness, and AD ranged melee autoattackes (like Thresh)

Passive- The Void Beckons
Kawl slowly sucks in those around him. all minions and Champions slowly slide toward him. the closer they are, the faster they come. this effect is VERY slight. also he has kinda a sunfire cape effect and slightly damages champions the closer he is to them.

Q- Void Punch
similer to Karthus' Q you select a small AOE on the ground and after a very short delay Kawl Punches that point. this can be used twice before it goes on cooldown (once for each hand)

W- Cleansing Grasp.
Kawl throws out his hand in a skillshot projectile. if it lands it does a small amount of damage and steals movment speed (think BOTrK active)

E- Void Slam
Kawl Slams both hands on the ground and Causes a slow moving Shock wave to expand (kinda like that one Cassiopia move but without the poison) it does damage upfront, and continues damage if you stand in the effective area. Steals armor

R- Come
Think of it like an ultimate Thresh Flay, with the width and range of a Nami Ulti.
he Throws out his claws in a large area in front of him and pulls everyone in.

Qoutes

Joke- Why are Void Creatures so destructive? Cuz its (Ka'zix) in their blood!!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHUEHUEHUEHUEHEUEHUEEU

So wadaya think? good idea? bad idea? any changes?

Kawl.jpg

MajorMajora

01-17-2014

Okay, I like the idea of some sort of overlord void character, but the void always seems like its trying to take over valor an, not stay away from it. I mean, Malzahar is encouraging this due to orders from... somewhere in the void. The lore needs to be redone.

His passive is an idea I've seen often and could probably work, but the problem is that there are times when it could work against him just as often as it could help him. That kind of ability should be toggled: champions should never work against the player.

His Q is a fair enough idea. I feel like its still a downgrade from Karthus's who can use it indefinitely, but if it has its own advantages it could work. Its very basic, though. The other abilities have add some more interesting things.

His W is cool. Its like Malphites W but can miss. I feel like it needs something to compensate.

His E is pretty boring, it needs something to spice it up. Its just damage. His Q is understandable since its his low cool down spam for for more presence projectile, this is just a bit boring. Maybe enemies lose attack speed while in the field? Depends if you want him to be a fighter or an assassin. f he is a fighter, than he also needs some tankyness, remember.

His R is good, seems very useful.

I like this idea. Does this guy do AD damage? He seems like an ad melee champion like malphite. He needs more to him, however, to make him more than just a walking ulti.

Steamrider

01-17-2014

yeah his Lore could use work. im open to ideas. iv actually never read Malzahar or Kassiden's lore. i probobly should lol

i geuss i forgot to make this clear but he is actually an AP Caster. similer to Thresh his auto attacks are a ranged melee attack. but everything else deals AP.

The playstyle im trying to get with this guy is an Ap mage that rushes in and can manipulate the battlefield. not super high on damage, maybe a bit more tankyness then a normal mage, and alot of utility. i imagine him rushing in, stealing movment speed with his W, maybe Zoning out his enamy with his E while punching with his Q.

and yes the E could use some work. i just sorta threw it in. couldnt think of anything else. haha

yeah, the passive could be toggleable. or similar to Trynda's shout, it could only effect Champions running away or something

Vernal59

01-18-2014

I think his R should make him grow extra arms, enhancing his abilities for a period of time. Like his Q could hit 4/5/6 times, and his W could shoot like 4 shots in a row, and his E could have multiple shockwaves. Otherwise, BUMP!

MajorMajora

01-18-2014

Quote:
Steamrider:
yeah his Lore could use work. im open to ideas. iv actually never read Malzahar or Kassiden's lore. i probobly should lol

i geuss i forgot to make this clear but he is actually an AP Caster. similer to Thresh his auto attacks are a ranged melee attack. but everything else deals AP.

The playstyle im trying to get with this guy is an Ap mage that rushes in and can manipulate the battlefield. not super high on damage, maybe a bit more tankyness then a normal mage, and alot of utility. I imagine him rushing in, stealing movment speed with his W, maybe Zoning out his enamy with his E while punching with his Q.

and yes the E could use some work. I just sorta threw it in. couldnt think of anything else. haha

yeah, the passive could be toggleable. or similar to Trynda's shout, it could only effect Champions running away or something

Okay, this is good stuff to know. From what you're saying he's supposed to play a similar role to Orianna, which is cool.

His Q has much more of a purpose here. It's important that it has a good range to it (I'd say about 900-1000) and have a small but noticeable cooldown (around 6 seconds). This allows it to work as a "zoning/poke" move as opposed to Karthus's Q which is for dps.

His W seem to be his main utility move. Since it's his only basic CC, I think something more AOE would be better fitting. Maybe it hits all enemies in a line or sends out 3 hands, the angle of which depends on how far away you click for aiming the skillshot. If you choose either, however, he could then steal a lot more MS, however, so you either need it to only effect champions or make it do something besides steal MS.

His E, since you want it to become zone control, needs to be casted from a distance. His The shockwave also needs to have something else that makes it special. Cassiopia's expands and slows, Morgana's deals execute damage, Nasus's removes armor, Malzahar deals percent damage, what will this one do? You want him to be tanky, so my suggestion is for it to sap defensive stats over time, but there's lots of places to go with this.

Also, I'd like you to check out my latest champion. Here it is:
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4202294

Steamrider

01-18-2014

@Vernal59
thats actually a cool idea. i think im going to stick with my Ult though. you should make your own Champion with that ult

@MajorMajora
Yup! thats exactly how i imagine the Q being!

yeah the W could be slightly changed. another idea i had was if the skill hits, he kinda yanks the champion toward you a little while still stealing movement speed
also it could be a kinda wide, like Zyras vines
i want Kawl to be a high skill champ. so this is a very important skill to hit. if you land it, their screwed, if you miss, your screwed lol.

Yeah ill do some more thinking on his E. i like the sapping armor idea.

Steamrider

01-20-2014

bump!

Steamrider

01-21-2014

bump!

Renvir

Recruiter

01-21-2014

This could be a Nocturne skin from the looks of it.

Vernal59

01-22-2014

Bump!