Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Evelynn - Ninja Style v2.0

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Wigglepants

01-06-2011

This is the exact build I go for when playing eve. I also found it on my own, so I'm glad others know of its greatness. I usually destroy with this.

sTrikerT

01-09-2011

bump, i'll be on all day tmr, look out for ninja eve

LyraOrpheo

01-09-2011

Non-jungle eve is garbage eve

Superdadd

01-10-2011

That's not true, lane eve is strong as well. I like jungle better, but I don't like how it wants me to max spike over ravage. I play AD eve, because I think sheen/occult/BF sword is just insane early-game, and I really like countering their jungle.

AP eve is crazy as well, but I think you want some wiggle room in the item build to pick up a mejai's. I would only not go mejai's if I messed up and was far behind. A stacked mejai's early is game over. For example, if you can go Sheen, Mejai's, Lichbane with even 5-6 stacks of mejai's, you can run away with the game. Then you work towards the nail in the coffin - Rabadan's deathcap.

Also, going lane eve means that you get a faster sheen, since you aren't picking up wriggle's lantern. This also means you can't counter their jungle as efficiently (or at all). It's just a different hero. AD Jungle eve is a solid counter jungler/ganker. AP Lane eve is just a hero assassin (but a darn good one).

BTW, AP eve should certainly have ignite, as well as the offensive mastery for it. Free AP is free.

acosn

01-10-2011

Quote:
Superdadd:
That's not true, lane eve is strong as well. I like jungle better, but I don't like how it wants me to max spike over ravage. I play AD eve, because I think sheen/occult/BF sword is just insane early-game, and I really like countering their jungle.

AP eve is crazy as well, but I think you want some wiggle room in the item build to pick up a mejai's. I would only not go mejai's if I messed up and was far behind. A stacked mejai's early is game over. For example, if you can go Sheen, Mejai's, Lichbane with even 5-6 stacks of mejai's, you can run away with the game. Then you work towards the nail in the coffin - Rabadan's deathcap.

Also, going lane eve means that you get a faster sheen, since you aren't picking up wriggle's lantern. This also means you can't counter their jungle as efficiently (or at all). It's just a different hero. AD Jungle eve is a solid counter jungler/ganker. AP Lane eve is just a hero assassin (but a darn good one).

BTW, AP eve should certainly have ignite, as well as the offensive mastery for it. Free AP is free.

Evelynn has one of the weakest laning periods in the game. Not only does she have poor damage output early game, but she's one of the most difficult characters to last hit with in the game.

You'd need a very specific team build to make evelynn laning work. Thus far I've only managed to make it work with a pantheon and a veigar in PUG sessions.

My laning usually has me getting a spirit shroud (It works with the ult) and a Malady ASAP if I have an AP heavy character to work with. Otherwise It's a shroud and sheen.

sTrikerT

01-10-2011

yes i get ignite personally, and as of mejai's....

I'm oppose of items that cripple you once you die, yes it snowball up into a insane item, it also snowball downwards after you die or get focused. and trust me eve will get focused.

plus after sheen you rush for rylai which gives a slow and lots hp as you get into mid game, where ganks happen most. it helps your team and keeps you alive, all good. so i say no to mejai's

AP eve can counter jungle as well, just need to put ward at blue, eve can easily stun their jungle and casually steal blue and walk away. (remember q stuns two targets)

sTrikerT

01-10-2011

Quote:
acosn:
Evelynn has one of the weakest laning periods in the game. Not only does she have poor damage output early game, but she's one of the most difficult characters to last hit with in the game.

You'd need a very specific team build to make evelynn laning work. Thus far I've only managed to make it work with a pantheon and a veigar in PUG sessions.

My laning usually has me getting a spirit shroud (It works with the ult) and a Malady ASAP if I have an AP heavy character to work with. Otherwise It's a shroud and sheen.

Its true its hard to last hit with her, it takes alot of practice and good timing.
Which is also why i throw in the regrowth pendant for regen

eric the blue

01-10-2011

i've found that using hate spike on minions can help with last-hitting. i also like to upgrade the regrowth to a philospher's stone early on.

also, use the boots to switch lanes often! try to double-team the enemy in mid early on.

sTrikerT

01-10-2011

Quote:
eric the blue:
i've found that using hate spike on minions can help with last-hitting. i also like to upgrade the regrowth to a philospher's stone early on.

also, use the boots to switch lanes often! try to double-team the enemy in mid early on.

after getting sheen, its easier to last hit using hate spike to trigger it.
i usually go gank after 800g, getting boot and sap crystal, and almost never go back to my original lane.

acosn

01-10-2011

Quote:
sTrikerT:
Its true its hard to last hit with her, it takes alot of practice and good timing.
Which is also why i throw in the regrowth pendant for regen

I meant more in the sense that she's not terribly hard to edge off, and if your ally isn't terribly well suited to harassment and spot damage you're just screwed. More often than not I just say screw it and jungle. I've had too many games thrown because herp and derp don't want to listen.