Regarding the Turret changes in 4.1

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alphazonex

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
The reduction functions similarly with the temporary armor buff that used to exist (it is pre-mitigation) before 8 minutes and will quickly lose relevance as players gain AD
Thank you for making a thread here in GD for us and explaining it. Sorry you're greeted with such heated feedback. Some of us are thankful for it though, good on ya. Even if I personally don't agree with it for reasons to do with burden of knowledge, but I understand why its a solution nonetheless.

Take care and again thanks for letting us know what's up.

Sohleks

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragebeard Manric View Post
Can you give me an example of such a situation? As I see it right now if you are the one to initiate a lane swap you will just be putting yourself in a disadvantageous position unless their top laner is grossly incapable of 2v1 laning.

If you are the one that swaps you are basically setting yourself up to lose the race unless you are able to apply a significant amount more pressure on your lane.
He's said already, like when for some reason a team really does not want to run normal 1v1 or 2v2 lanes, and would rather bite the tankier tower in a fast push strategy instead.

Rockman

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonTwo View Post
How does this affect Mid laner's who don't typically roam, and don't typically build AD?

For example, guys like Malzahar who're supposed to punish a roamer hard with incredible push power.
It doesn't effect his voidling and a majority of the damage you see is from his AP.

Mary Jane

01-16-2014

Quote:
We feel it opens up the meta, at least in a more interesting way. Now you have to weigh pros and cons when you are initiating a lane swap and your strategy will be different from your oppoenent's teams.
I have played almost 1000 normal games with friends and that includes the various people from level 1-30, 25-2500 wins that come and go with every match. You don't see duo top often enough for this to even begin making any sense....

Why not make dragons easier like people said or even raise hp ratio's on minions to stretch lane phase? Something other than making top lane completely useless in low level play...

Or why not fix the 7 dollar trundle skin you guys ruined

CatchMeIHavCandy

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingSalvo View Post
People seem to be misguided in their complaints.

"So you're enforcing the meta."
Who cares? Right now lane swaps, 3v1 dives, kill a turret - every single game 0 is boring.

People want to see a toplane 1v1 skill matchup. A bot lane 2v2 skill matchup. Lane swaps have completely removed interaction in the first 10 minutes of the game for these lanes. It's boring, it's stale, and Riot is trying to make it better for the viewer since the viewers (and low level players who watch the games for entertainment) are the ones paying them.
I'm more upset that this buffs roaming champs because it doesn't matter if they leave lane now because they don't have to worry too much about their turret. This also opens up a 3v2 opportunity in bot lane if the enemy has a mobile mid or jungler to help zone and push bot lane.

HarrisonOwns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingSalvo View Post
People seem to be misguided in their complaints.

"So you're enforcing the meta."
Who cares? Right now lane swaps, 3v1 dives, kill a turret - every single game 0 is boring.

People want to see a toplane 1v1 skill matchup. A bot lane 2v2 skill matchup. Lane swaps have completely removed interaction in the first 10 minutes of the game for these lanes. It's boring, it's stale, and Riot is trying to make it better for the viewer since the viewers (and low level players who watch the games for entertainment) are the ones paying them.
Lol playing the same way since S1 (excluding shit like Ashe mid lol) is more exciting than an evolution of creativity? Okay. No.

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by exec3 View Post

Maybe if there was a summoners spell like garrison that caused turrets to attack faster and deal splash damage, then people can take that as a counter to 2v1 lanes (and dives in general which would be a good thing imo).
I want to point out that if this Summoner spell was created it would most likely be a strong pick for both mid and support. It would definitely change the early game a great deal. I think it would actually cause the laneing phase to extend greatly and I'm not sure if that is what riot wants as much as to preserve the current laneing. I know Sol has already read this but its just my 2 cents added.

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

01-16-2014
10 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragebeard Manric View Post
Can you give me an example of such a situation? As I see it right now if you are the one to initiate a lane swap you will just be putting yourself in a disadvantageous position unless their top laner is grossly incapable of 2v1 laning.

If you are the one that swaps you are basically setting yourself up to lose the race unless you are able to apply a significant amount more pressure on your lane.
Yes, and you should be gaining enough advantage from the swap to compensate for the increased chance of losing a tower earlier. Simple examples would be utilizing famous hard carries who have a rough laning phase (cough: Vayne). You will have to set it up with a top lane pick that is good at holding 1v2 pushes off.

Conversely, you can imagine a scenario where a team will want to counterpick the enemy's top lane with a relatively weak 1v2 laner. The team is forcing the enemy to value whether losing bottom tower is worth initiating a lane swap to shut down the counterpick. Compared to pre 4.1 where the enemy team will laneswap with impunity because they do not lose anything, making the pick a bad one.

Leo the yordle

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonOwns View Post
Lol playing the same way since S1 (excluding shit like Ashe mid lol) is more exciting than an evolution of creativity? Okay. No.
This creativity came at expense of the champion pool. Is that so hard to understand?

Shockforce

01-16-2014

Quote:
We feel it opens up the meta, at least in a more interesting way. Now you have to weigh pros and cons when you are initiating a lane swap and your strategy will be different from your oppoenent's teams.
Yah, no. The dragon already provides risk to sending two people top. 20 damage block is extremely significant early-game, it can cut some character's tower damage by 1/3. If it were 10 I would believe you.

This may also have some unintended behavior with mid and top lane and roaming bottom and putting 2 people on an island instead.