Assassin Nocturne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fuzzy Alfalfa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2012

The AD assassin role typically doesn't have a place in a the current team set up barring a few exceptions. One thing I have noticed while playing games is that most junglers are tanks or off tanks. Champions such as Nautilus, Mundo and Nocturne excel in the jungle. Looking at Nocturne's recommended items (I know nobody truly trusts these anyway) off tank isn't the role he was intended to fill.

I recently got Nocturne and after playing him tanky I've realized I hate it. I already have Olaf, Hecarim, Malphite and Lee sin. I want to play him straight assassin, like people play talon and other melee carries. How viable is this? What items should I rush? What skill level of player will shut me down? How come every pro as heck jungler has to be tanky now a days?

If I wanted to play a straight assassin Jungler who should I try? AD would be appreciated

Outplay Nation

07-21-2012

problem with this is your gonna melt before you can actuallly kill the ennemy carry because you have no burst like talon , akali or fizz does.

eodigsdgkjw

07-21-2012

if u notice, jungle has almost taken on the role of the "second support". theyre often focused more on objectives and map control that they dont have much time to farm up good items. so you see a lot of junglers go for team-oriented items like aegis or shurelia as a dps build requires u to be ahead.

RagingDonkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2012

He gets free attack damage from his Q, so he has space to build tankish.

Eldrvarya Sverd

07-21-2012

nocturne doesn't have high enough AD ratios to play the role of assassin. he builds enough AD that his autos are a threat and then tanky to survive the fight. there is no other really efficient way to play him unfortunately.

Fuzzy Alfalfa

07-21-2012

This was much appreciated. I got all of my questions answered. On the other side, Currently that is my least favorite thing about the meta. At my current skill level I rarely build support when jungling and I end up doing well, I simply hate support too much.

Iron A1dan

07-21-2012

I wouldn't recommend this. I main Nocturne, I've played hundreds of games with him. I've tried going assassin. I would get wriggles, Blood Thirster, etc. It works, but you will find much more success going tanky.

Cyrus Shade

07-21-2012

To this day I still haven't really figured out how I prefer building Noc when I jungle him.

Like seriously its terrible, I sit at the shop for like 30 seconds and my eyes cross.

SnowGuard

07-21-2012

Offtank nocture in my opinion is far more potent than a glass cannon build, simply because you dish out more damage when you can stay alive, otherwise he falls into the assassin role you've mentioned and relies heavily upon good team initiation. So solo que is a no go for that sort of build.

Fuzzy Alfalfa

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus Shade View Post
To this day I still haven't really figured out how I prefer building Noc when I jungle him.

Like seriously its terrible, I sit at the shop for like 30 seconds and my eyes cross.
I have this exact same problem. I want to kill things but I want to survive. Apparently the thought of the jungler getting kills is terrible or something.

Anyone know of a good Assassin Jungler who can take the kills without feeling like a **** about it?