Splash Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

01-16-2014

Shen and Sion look super-dated, those are two I can think of off the top of my head.

RavenHusky

01-16-2014

Why has the request for the Chinese Sorceress Lux splash been constantly ignored for this long?

NotBuzzJack

01-16-2014

Was Scorched Earth Renekton's splash actually in progress at one point, or was the skin put on hold before it got to that level of polish?

GForceRampage

01-16-2014

I've been wondering about these things for a while now...

How much time is spent making ONE splash art?
How do you determine the position the champion will be in?
Is a splash art being "created" by one artist, or multiple?

If you could answer any of these questions, it would mean a lot. Thank you.

Ocyron

01-16-2014

I've noticed that you guys have started to post up some of the newer splash arts as high resolution desktop backgrounds on leagueoflegends.com. Any chance you could start hitting up the back catalog of splash arts and provide them at high resolutions for use as desktop backgrounds? 1920 x 1080 type of thing? Would be greatly appreciated - I've scoured the interwebs for several of my favorite splashes, but can only find them in disappointingly small resolutions.

Yousonerfed

01-16-2014

Is there a reason you don't sub in Chinese splash arts for out-dated skins? Lux's first two skins and Nidalee's skins could probably benefit if you just used the Chinese artworks.

Artist pride, or does Tencent just not let you do that?

Daemon

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyIke View Post
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...gonblade+riven

Please fix that. Please. Read this, click the link, and try opening your eyes this time. What IS that thing? That's not my baby, that doesn't look like Riven at all. It's an imposter. If there was EVER a time for you to not release a splash and redo it instead, it would be now, not with Lux, not with Diana, with this skin. Look how many people agree on that, surely you won't just sit back and let us all have to Spheal with this abomination....right? ;;
Oh god, the bottom half of her body looks like it is ripping apart from her top half.

Honestly, there's been a lot of really wonky poses and anatomy with splashes lately. It's kind of irritating as an artist when I have to stare for 1-3 minutes at a terrible pose that is anatomically impossible. Maybe the non-artist players don't see it.

Sophitia

01-16-2014

Why haven't Sorceress Lux and Silver Kayle's splash been updated? There are a ton of REALLY old outdated splashes that need work. Meanwhile people like Morg have had their splash redone countless times. Why is it taking so long to put new splash out for champions? Especially champions like Nidalee that were supposed to be done not long after their visual upgrade?

A lot of these champions have great Chinese splash arts (cough, sorceress lux), and you've been ignoring the community for years now about changing it. It would be nice if even temporarily (assuming you're working on American splash art) if you guys updated some of these older splashes to their Chinese counterparts.

Zerofux

01-16-2014

When is Cho'gath getting some splash love? I feel like new art for Cho would be epic.

jmonster129

01-16-2014

I think new splashes should go to those who have the old splashes that look like clay models
Most of these are skins like high land tryndamere or leopard nidalee and so forth,
But heimerdingers default splash looks like this and that's kinda sad

Also characters who's models have changed
Trundle
And especially karma's old splashes since she no longer uses fans