Splash Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adonna

07-27-2014

Thanks for finally using some of the beautiful foreign splashes (cough use the sivir ones, there great imo) but I have a question. When you do the female splashes, do you use a live model? Lately some of the female splashes have had terrible proportions, angles, etc. The concept is fine, armor/costumes look good but idk why, the artists seem to break the female figure literally. It's painful :/ I'm not talking about huge breasts, or long legs for days, barely there clothes (it's vg, what can you do about it) but, for example, the new base splash for Caitlyn. If you look at the placement of her hips to her legs it's horribly off. Either it looks like both legs are coming out of the same place on her body or her back leg should be up and front leg down (since her hips are towards the viewer). I tried to get over the base Sivir-breaking-her-ankle splash pose or the no-internal-organs Winter Sivir splash which you could (and people have) said 'it's a video game, there's no gravity' or 'she's just wearing a really tight corset' (ps the Victorians could barely breathe let alone throw a huge boomrang but w.e lol). But this...it's just so terrible I really love you guys but can you at least move her legs a little apart so it looks correct? I doubt this will happen at all but it's worth a shot...no pun intended. Really.

Motajo

07-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonna View Post
snip
It has to do with "action poses" or something. I don't really know. I think they are applying stuff that animators do (exaggerating certain places and breaking smaller anatomical rules for a better motion), but to a still image. But when they apply it to a still picture, it becomes blatant and egregious. I don't understand why Riot loves doing it to the point where they are called out all the time, but never yield.

Freesia

07-27-2014

You guys said here -> http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.co...-coming-to-pbe

"What if I don't like X splash?
Let us know! The goal here is to improve, not detract"

Time for some feedback here since I don't have a PBE account! (more like, opinions no one agrees with)

- Noxus Hunter Anivia: no more Morello bird Also consider a name change for that one.

- Chosen Master Yi: This one is a bit small but important. I prefer the white-ish feel of the original splash, but the new one looks a bit "rusty" instead of a proper gold feel. A small color fix would make it loads better (make it brighter and whiter?).

- Glacial Olaf: This is, in my opinion, the biggest offender. His main weapons, axes, received a downgrade of details, his epic beard is hidden, so is most of his armor, and he doesn't have the epic frosty/glacial aura in his previous splash. The splash feels like the first, rejected Riven splash art. Please give this one a priority to consider. I really strongly prefer the Glacial Olaf now than the new one.

Minaho

07-29-2014

pls no change to blast zone heimer he looks even less furry

FinalFan

07-30-2014

The 4.13 patch notes say that 33 splash arts were changed, but doesn't say which ones. So: what are all the skins that changed?

IEnchantedI

07-31-2014

I know you recently updated tons of splash arts and it might be too late i really want to update unmasked Kayle's art work. Live one : http://www.leagueoflegendsskins.com/...sh/Kayle_3.jpg
In my opinion it looks very plain and her armor looks rusty and matte but in this splash art (which i really like) : http://www.leaguesplash.com/wp-conte.../09/Kayle6.jpg
i think it suits her better because in the original art work her armor is shiny and the background makes it look like shes very godly and powerful but in the live unmasked Kayle it doesn't take the bright background. The splash art i really like includes everything and i'm sure some of the summoners will enjoy it too!

IEnchantedI

07-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalFan View Post
The 4.13 patch notes say that 33 splash arts were changed, but doesn't say which ones. So: what are all the skins that changed?
These are the ones that changed

Changelist:
Noxus Hunter Anivia
Red Riding Annie
Rusty Blitzcrank
Goalkeeper Blitzcrank
Desperada Cassiopeia
Siren Cassiopeia
Mr. Mundoverse
Tango Evelynn
Minuteman Gangplank
Dreadknight Garen
Alien Invader Heimerdinger
Blast Zone Heimerdinger
Nightblade Irelia
Aviator Irelia
Commando Jarvan IV
Silver Kayle
Viridian Kayle
Sorceress Lux
Chosen Master Yi
Candy Cane Miss Fortune
Pharaoh Nasus
Snow Bunny Nidalee
Leopard Nidalee
Ravager Nocturne
Forsaken Olaf
Glacial Olaf
Ruthless Pantheon
Noxus Poppy
Frozen Shen
Hextech Singed
Black Belt Udyr
Curling Veigar"
and here are the 32 updated splashes, including an extra one for Chrome Rammus!

OBRN

08-01-2014

WTF happened to Mantheon (Ruthless Pantheon)?! He looks like he was drugged and dragged to Ezreal's stylist!! Wth is ruthless about freshly waxed thighs and calves?! They look like they belong to Taric, all smooth and unmuscle-y!! What happened to his nips, did they pluck those right out?! I mean, Panth deserves some art rework and VU to match that glorious Dragonslayer splash, but good god in heaven, this is a step back, and for Mantheon no less!

Also, who is that wrinkly old fart in Blast zone heimer...cause fugly doesn't even begin to describe it...Blast zone Heimer was supposed to be funny and humorous...so why does that splash make me want to rip out my corneas as opposed to laugh hysterically?

SuperWarFox

08-02-2014

I would really love an updated splash for SilverFang Akali!! <3

Laevicious

08-03-2014

The splash art for legacy version of candy cane miss fortune wasn't updated, will this get one soon?