Why do we do reworks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsychoB0b

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
That's the goal, but I think we can all agree Karma's rework was a terrible failure.
...I actually disagree with this one. I played the old Karma...thought she was fun, and originally was in the same camp as most old karma players. Then I gave her a try, just for fun....and went 10/0, with the enemy team never even getting me below 40%. I like the look...her kit works a bit more fluidly now, and she's certainly not in a bad place.

Linna Excel

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Our goal is to make the kit fit the champion more, not less. One of the first things that we do when starting a rework is say "what is this champion about?" "what is their role?" "what are their strengths and weaknesses?" Then from that we try to improve the kit in a direction that further supports the identity of the champion.
What happens when you have disagreements to those questions? What happens when a champion is different things to different people?

Gayn Proud

01-16-2014

When will Galio get some love? How long since you altered anything on him?

MTempty

01-16-2014

A while ago, you guys were presenting at some university of sorts and we saw a singed visual rework. It had ww's claws and some sweet gauntlets. Any word on that? Also.... Wolf claws? Wnew lore?

Zerothma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2014

I ask about this once every year or so, but one time Morello said he was going to "take a chainsaw to Kayle"

Is that still on the priority list somewhere?

For those who wonder what I'm talking about, here's an example http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...75845#19975845

CQReborn

01-16-2014

Blitzcrank and Alistar are the only supports to my knowledge who got no changes at all for the support pre-season changes, any plans for them you can share?

Hellioning

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoB0b View Post
...I actually disagree with this one. I played the old Karma...thought she was fun, and originally was in the same camp as most old karma players. Then I gave her a try, just for fun....and went 10/0, with the enemy team never even getting me below 40%. I like the look...her kit works a bit more fluidly now, and she's certainly not in a bad place.
I'm not saying the rework kit is terrible. Hell, I love the reworked kit. But I don't know how it was supposed to clarify Karma's theme. It seemed like it completely changed it.

Coldmanj

01-16-2014

since you are on the subject of reworks I do have a question regarding changes that were slotted a while back but suddenly disappeared. The changes I am referring to are the ones that were for Jayce that Xyphyrious was working on. This was right after Jayce had fallen out of competitive popularity due to the changes to tear charging.

While I understand that he isn't a popular pick anymore but does that merit forgetting about the changes? It was stated over and over that he had to much power when he changed into cannon form with his defense shredding and yet that is still there.

The overlying question I suppose I am getting at is, are changes and reworks driven only by popularity of a champ or a sever lack there of? It sure seems that way most of the time.

Rebonack

01-16-2014

Hey Scruffy, thanks for the topic.

I wanted to mention that Eve is starting to feel increasingly watered-down again. She isn't quite at the point of being 'Eved' again yet, but I'm getting pretty leery. Have you guys considered that maybe Persistent Stealth is just too much of an advantage and that maybe she would be better off with a short duration stealth ala Kha/Vayne/ect?

Having so much of her kit power tied up in her passive just feels really awful.

oDEIIL

01-16-2014

Wasn't Jayce going to get a rework? What ever happened to that